Oregon peevie awards
http://www.oregonlive.com/commuting/inde..._of_f.html

I know we've discussed at length our pet peeves about traffic.
It appears we aren't the only ones.

I like the one about the "Bowing Heads" at red lights.
(01-10-2014, 09:47 AM)Prospector Wrote: http://www.oregonlive.com/commuting/inde..._of_f.html

This one.... Yeah that could be meLaughing Although I've never missed a light by 10 seconds.
Usually I only text when the light just turned red and I know I have plenty of time.

Red light smartphone worshippers: They approach a red light, stop and bow their heads. When the light turns green, they appear to still be praying. They're certainly not hitting the gas. Actually, these drivers are addicted to their cell phones, trying to rush a Facebook post or glance at their email while the signal is red.

Often, it takes a gentle horn honk to wake them from their iPhone invocation 10 seconds after the light has turned green.

This is a good time to remind Oregonians that a ticket for texting or using a handheld cellphone behind the wheel will double to a maximum of $500 on Jan. 1.
Mine is when the person in front of me on the ramp to the freeway is friggen going 45!
(01-10-2014, 03:37 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Mine is when the person in front of me on the ramp to the freeway is friggen going 45!

Yeah I hate that too. I usually slow down and wait until they get ahead so they can enter the freeway too slowlyby themselves.
Then I take off and do it right. Problem is... at first the people behind me don't know what I'm doing. I think they figure it out.Smiling
Isn't interesting that the a State of Oregon goes through the expense of printing the DMV manuals and tests in numerous languages (even though all the signs are in English) and no one follows the simple rules of the road.
(01-10-2014, 04:17 PM)Prospector Wrote: Isn't interesting that the a State of Oregon goes through the expense of printing the DMV manuals and tests in numerous languages (even though all the signs are in English) and no one follows the simple rules of the road.

Good point, we need bi-lingual signs.
(01-10-2014, 04:17 PM)Prospector Wrote: Isn't interesting that the a State of Oregon goes through the expense of printing the DMV manuals and tests in numerous languages (even though all the signs are in English) and no one follows the simple rules of the road.

No one?
(01-11-2014, 12:18 AM)Tiamat Wrote:

No one?

Not even Prospector.
(01-10-2014, 03:37 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Mine is when the person in front of me on the ramp to the freeway is friggen going 45!

That wasn't me.
I don't feel it's safe to drive over 25MPH until one is on the good and flat surfaces of the Interstate.
Sometimes I like to stop where the lane merges with the highway to make sure there are no trucks in my lane.
Safety first!
(01-11-2014, 10:36 AM)Wonky Wrote:

That wasn't me.
I don't feel it's safe to drive over 25MPH until one is on the good and flat surfaces of the Interstate.
Sometimes I like to stop where the lane merges with the highway to make sure there are no trucks in my lane.
Safety first!

LaughingLaughingLaughing
(01-10-2014, 09:47 AM)Prospector Wrote: http://www.oregonlive.com/commuting/inde..._of_f.html

http://www.kdrv.com/police-enforce-distr...iving-law/
Quote:MEDFORD, Ore. — Medford Police is stepping up enforcement for new laws that increase penalties for driving and using a cell phone. The law, which came into effect this year, increases fines to up to $160 for texting or talking.

On Sunday, officers were out looking for violations. Cpl. Chris Dode, with the Medford Police Department, said they usually get a few each week, and most of the people pulled over do end up receiving citations. Corp. Dode say people using their phones can usually be spotted either through the windows, or through their erratic driving patterns.

“From my perspective it looks a lot like a drunk driver, said Sgt. Darrell Graham with the Medford Police.
My pet peeve are still to do with pedestrians and bikers. Do NOT put your safety into a driver's hands. Make eye contact. Pay attention. Get off the cell phone and quit talking/texting/twittering/tweaking/twerking, whatever else it is you're doing besides paying attention to the road and the vehicles.
(01-12-2014, 03:07 PM)TennisMom Wrote: My pet peeve are still to do with pedestrians and bikers. Do NOT put your safety into a driver's hands. Make eye contact. Pay attention. Get off the cell phone and quit talking/texting/twittering/tweaking/twerking, whatever else it is you're doing besides paying attention to the road and the vehicles.

talking/texting/twittering/tweaking/twerking LaughingLaughingLaughing
(01-12-2014, 03:34 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-12-2014, 03:07 PM)TennisMom Wrote: My pet peeve are still to do with pedestrians and bikers. Do NOT put your safety into a driver's hands. Make eye contact. Pay attention. Get off the cell phone and quit talking/texting/twittering/tweaking/twerking, whatever else it is you're doing besides paying attention to the road and the vehicles.

RacistSmiling

Next it'll be boom boxes....because they can't hear sirens, air horns or see strobe lights.
(01-12-2014, 04:18 PM)Prospector Wrote:

RacistSmiling

Next it'll be boom boxes....because they can't hear sirens, air horns or see strobe lights.

I'm pretty sure that's already illegal. Just like having a dog on your lap or having a bunch of crap like dream catchers hanging off of your rear view mirror.

Also known as Miley Cyrus's only skills.
(01-13-2014, 02:59 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Also known as Miley Cyrus's only skills.
She has skills?

OK, when I start cycling and texting I'll feel like I've accomplished something!!Big GrinRazz
(01-13-2014, 08:17 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

OK, when I start cycling and texting I'll feel like I've accomplished something!!Big GrinRazz

Mind controlled steering? Smiling