Record Breaking Weather
(11-08-2017, 07:44 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 07:32 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 07:24 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 06:52 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 06:32 AM)Hugo Wrote: Laughing Laughing   I'm pretty sure Volcanic activity is usually the movement of the tectonic plates allowing passage of magma to the surface.  But that is a pretty good LEAP. Smiling

Yes, All that snow is moving off of one tectonic plate (the one with a mountain) to another (the one with an ocean). This shifts the pressure and they move.
More earthquakes and volcanoes is one of the predictions of global warming.
I heard about that in 1972, when I first heard about global warming caused by CO2.

Laughing  You get funnier and funnier!!  The Snow Pack on the Ocean.....  LMFAO

By the way...  CO2 is NECESSARY for life to EXIST.  It's what the trees "breathe" in, and they "exhale" the Oxygen we breathe.  Higher CO2 actually promotes MORE plant life, more oxygen, and we get to live here.  Great system, I think.
You bet. Carbon Dioxide IS necessary. 
And the human body needs calories to maintain life.
Hey, I know! Let's all increase our caloric intake to a million calories a day.
Reason: It's what separates us from the lower animals. 
Science: Great system, I think.

Laughing  Apples, Oranges and Bananas....  Bullshit

(edit:  had to fix that....)

No actually the bullshit is coming from you with your brilliant Rolling Eyes information that that CO2 is necessary to exist.
As if anyone on the planet didn't know that.
Do you think you are talking to your grandkids?
The higher CO2 you speak of so favorably is causing a green house affect. What you call a great system really is. It's too bad we are fucking it up and too bad some people can't see or admit this because of their ignorant political beliefs.
(11-08-2017, 01:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 06:52 AM)chuck white Wrote: Yes, All that snow is moving off of one tectonic plate (the one with a mountain) to another (the one with an ocean). This shifts the pressure and they move.
I heard about that in 1972, when I first heard about global warming caused by CO2.

By the way...  CO2 is NECESSARY for life to EXIST.  It's what the trees "breathe" in, and they "exhale" the Oxygen we breathe.  Higher CO2 actually promotes MORE plant life, more oxygen, and we get to live here.  Great system, I think.

No actually the bullshit is coming from you with your brilliant Rolling Eyes information that that CO2 is necessary to exist.
The higher CO2 you speak of so favorably is causing a green house affect. What you call a great system really is. It's too bad we are fucking it up and too bad some people can't see or admit this because of their ignorant political beliefs.

Laughing On the scale of planetary evolution, this too (humanity) shall pass......
(11-08-2017, 01:41 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 01:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 07:24 AM)Hugo Wrote: Laughing  You get funnier and funnier!!  The Snow Pack on the Ocean.....  LMFAO

Laughing On the scale of planetary evolution, this too (humanity) shall pass......

You sound like Charlton Heston.And that's no compliment . He was an arrogant fool. Sure the earth will survive but what is happening has nothing to do with planetary evolution
(11-08-2017, 06:32 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 09:04 PM)chuck white Wrote: Warmer climate reduces the snow load on mountains. This is expected to cause increased volcanic activity.
It's all linked together.

Laughing Laughing   I'm pretty sure Volcanic activity is usually the movement of the tectonic plates allowing passage of magma to the surface.  But that is a pretty good LEAP. Smiling

Yes, All that snow is moving off of one tectonic plate (the one with a mountain) to another (the one with an ocean). This shifts the pressure and they move.

The snow melts and becomes water and flows into the ocean. Nobody said that it was a snow pack on the ocean.
Yes C02 is necessary for plant life. 300 PPM is just fine and that the level we have had for the last  1million years. In the last 100 years we went from 300 to over 400 PPM. Some plants like it other do not. CO2 does more then feed plants, it's also a blanket to keep heat in, without it we would be about -20°.  Heat is also necessary for life, but to much can be an issue.

Oxygen is also great for animal life, but if we increased it from 20% to 30% we would have a problem with fires beyond what we have now.
Think about the fuel /air ratio in your truck. Would you fuck with the balance?
(11-08-2017, 02:11 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 06:32 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 09:04 PM)chuck white Wrote: Warmer climate reduces the snow load on mountains. This is expected to cause increased volcanic activity.
It's all linked together.

Laughing Laughing   I'm pretty sure Volcanic activity is usually the movement of the tectonic plates allowing passage of magma to the surface.  But that is a pretty good LEAP. Smiling

The snow melts and becomes water and flows into the ocean. Nobody said that it was a snow pack on the ocean.
Yes C02 is necessary for plant life. 300 PPM is just fine and that the level we have had for the last  1million years. In the last 100 years we went from 300 to over 400 PPM. Some plants like it other do not. CO2 does more then feed plants, it's also a blanket to keep heat in, without it we would be about -20°.  Heat is also necessary for life, but to much can be an issue.

Oxygen is also great for animal life, but if we increased it from 20% to 30% we would have a problem with fires beyond what we have now.
The improper balance of air/fuel ration in a truck can be easily fixed. 
If, in fact, we are fouling our climate, we may not have a chance to fix it.
Let' say our climate science is not perfect. If we take measures to do the necessary things to correct what we understand to be problems, what have we lost?
(11-08-2017, 04:22 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 06:32 AM)Hugo Wrote: Laughing Laughing   I'm pretty sure Volcanic activity is usually the movement of the tectonic plates allowing passage of magma to the surface.  But that is a pretty good LEAP. Smiling

Let' say our climate science is not perfect. If we take measures to do the necessary things to correct what we understand to be problems, what have we lost?

Name one thing?

Let me take it one step further, and you should go find ANY scientist and ask them to help you solve it:  If it were VITAL to the survival of our species, and all the world leaders got together with all the leading scientists, and DEMANDED that they increase/decrease the temperature of the Earth by ONE degree, they COULD NOT DO IT.
(11-08-2017, 05:00 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 06:52 AM)chuck white Wrote: Yes, All that snow is moving off of one tectonic plate (the one with a mountain) to another (the one with an ocean). This shifts the pressure and they move.

Name one thing?

Let me take it one step further, and you should go find ANY scientist and ask them to help you solve it:  If it were VITAL to the survival of our species, and all the world leaders got together with all the leading scientists, and DEMANDED that they increase/decrease the temperature of the Earth by ONE degree, they COULD NOT DO IT.

I think you underestimate the power of politicians and scientists.   Razz
(11-08-2017, 06:18 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 07:24 AM)Hugo Wrote: Laughing  You get funnier and funnier!!  The Snow Pack on the Ocean.....  LMFAO

Name one thing?

You under estimate the power of the planet and the Sun.  Puny human.
(11-08-2017, 06:37 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 06:18 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 02:11 PM)chuck white Wrote: The snow melts and becomes water and flows into the ocean. Nobody said that it was a snow pack on the ocean.

Name one thing?

You under estimate the power of the planet and the Sun.  Puny human.

And you lack any semblance of humor.   Laughing
We may be puny, but there are a fucking lot of us.
(11-08-2017, 08:05 PM)chuck white Wrote: We may be puny, but there are a fucking lot of us.
And THERE is the problem most responsible for this thing.
Mother earth may send a pandemic our way and solve this thing for us.  Sad
(11-09-2017, 07:51 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 08:05 PM)chuck white Wrote: We may be puny, but there are a fucking lot of us.

Smiling  The earth will take care if itself.
(11-09-2017, 08:44 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(11-09-2017, 07:51 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Smiling  The earth will take care if itself.
My guess is that's true. But, our actions may be painful and unnecessary until that day when the earth will make the changes to rid it's self of the humans trying to destroy it. 
We do have choices, and science to help guide us.
Maybe we don't have to wait for that awful event Mother Earth will need to make happen to correct things.
Big event on the Sun.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...ament.html

Question: IF we had to, how do we stop it?
(11-09-2017, 10:58 AM)Hugo Wrote: Big event on the Sun.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...ament.html

Question:  IF we had to, how do we stop it?

Pour Gatorade on it. Laughing 

I'm sure it's happened hundreds of times in the last million years.
But CO2 concentration, has not been this high in the last million years.
Quote:Jackson Hole is reporting 100″ of “record” snow and nearby Grand Targhee is already up to 105″ for the season.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/11/16/tw...ening-day/
Quote:The weather record's keep accumulating in northern Nevada.

After Thursday's heavy rainfall, Reno surpassed its wettest calendar year on record, according to the National Weather Service in Reno. With a record rainfall of 0.81 inches on Thursday, Nov. 16, the total precipitation for 2017 now stands at 13.40 inches, setting a new record for the greatest precipitation total in any calendar year at Reno.

http://mynews4.com/news/local/2017-becom...rd-at-reno
Quote:Phoenix could see record heat for Thanksgiving holiday
http://ktar.com/story/1835135/phoenix-se...g-holiday/
(11-19-2017, 09:48 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:The weather record's keep accumulating in northern Nevada.

After Thursday's heavy rainfall, Reno surpassed its wettest calendar year on record, according to the National Weather Service in Reno. With a record rainfall of 0.81 inches on Thursday, Nov. 16, the total precipitation for 2017 now stands at 13.40 inches, setting a new record for the greatest precipitation total in any calendar year at Reno.

http://mynews4.com/news/local/2017-becom...rd-at-reno

And the western slopes of the area are heavily forested. I wonder what effect this might have on next years fire season? (And when I say "I wonder", I mean it literally. I've read about this stuff and still don't have a clue about the effects of heavy winter rains and summer fires)
Anyone versed in this stuff?
Quote:Los Angeles (AFP) - The southwestern United States was gripped by a heat wave on Wednesday as experts warned of temperatures that would smash century-old records over the Thanksgiving weekend.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-southwest-...56494.html