Record Breaking Weather
[Image: 2020AustralianFires_SummerT_en_title_lg.jpg]
Quote:The nation’s year-end climate numbers are in. 2019 was the second-wettest year on record in the U.S., and temperatures were above average despite regions that were among the only cool spots on the planet. 2019 also concluded the warmest decade on record—the 2010s were the warmest of the past five decades for 87% of the 244 cities analyzed.

https://www.climatecentral.org/gallery/m...-on-record
Monsoonland
Quote:11 People Dead as Storm System Brings Severe Weather and Record Temperatures Across the U.S.

https://time.com/5763374/storm-midwest-january/
(01-12-2020, 12:02 AM)chuck white Wrote: [Image: 2020AustralianFires_SummerT_en_title_lg.jpg]

As with all of us, and even all of the so called experts, all I have are my opinions.

Mankind has grossly over estimated his ability to affect the earths "climate". We are fleas on an elephant’s butt arguing over how to steer the elephant.
Also, we are in a 200 year sunspot low, so it's gonna be cold for a bit.... Because the Sun controls the climate, not us.
(01-15-2020, 09:35 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: As with all of us, and even all of the so called experts, all I have are my opinions.

Mankind has grossly over estimated his ability to affect the earths "climate". We are fleas on an elephant’s butt arguing over how to steer the elephant.
Also, we are in a 200 year sunspot low, so it's gonna be cold for a bit.... Because the Sun controls the climate, not us.

So, science is just opinion? I'm guessing that you don't think banning CFC's have had any affect on ozone depletion either then.

But faith is fact.
(01-15-2020, 11:17 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 09:35 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: As with all of us, and even all of the so called experts, all I have are my opinions.

So, science is just opinion? I'm guessing that you don't think banning CFC's have had any affect on ozone depletion either then.

But faith is fact.

Junk Science is opinion, or rather an income generator.

Faith is Faith.
(01-15-2020, 12:02 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

But faith is fact.

Faith is Faith.

I would agree with that. But junk science is something you and your people wallow in (creation theory, etc.) so not my strong suit.

Faith is belief in something true or not.
(01-15-2020, 01:17 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

But faith is fact.

Faith is Faith.

I would agree with that. But junk science is something you and your people wallow in (creation theory, etc.) so not my strong suit.

Faith is belief in something unknowable. All people have faith in some aspect of their lives.
Are you married?  If so, I bet you have faith in your wife to remain with you. If not, it is already destined to fail.

In fact, your insistence that there is no God is, in itself, a leap of faith.  Faith that you think you are right, and I am wrong.  Yet again, it is unknowable.
(01-15-2020, 02:18 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(01-15-2020, 01:17 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

But faith is fact.

Faith is Faith.

Faith is belief in something unknowable. All people have faith in some aspect of their lives.
Are you married?  If so, I bet you have faith in your wife to remain with you. If not, it is already destined to fail.

In fact, your insistence that there is no God is, in itself, a leap of faith.  Faith that you think you are right, and I am wrong.  Yet again, it is unknowable.

Believing in something for which there has never been any evidence requires an abundance of faith that I don't possess. Believing that your wife will not leave you is based on the evidence of your previous history together. There is a basis for that so not relying on faith alone.

As for my religiosity or lack thereof, I think I would characterize it more like this... There has never been any evidence of a god (or gods) nor Spaghetti Monsters so I'll choose not to believe in them. Faith isn't required, I just don't care. Besides, I've also not seen evidence that if there was a god that it would be worthy of being worshiped.

Unfortunately, the effect of increasing the CO2 levels by 33% has a bigger effect then sunspot cooling. It is only giving us a false sense of how fast the earth is heating up. Instead of every year, being the hottest year. We will get some third hottest, second hottest. Then as sunspots pick back up. We can grow bananas in Portland.
(01-16-2020, 02:21 AM)chuck white Wrote:

Unfortunately, the effect of increasing the CO2 levels by 33% has a bigger effect then sunspot cooling. It is only giving us a false sense of how fast the earth is heating up. Instead of every year, being the hottest year. We will get some third hottest, second hottest. Then as sunspots pick back up. We can grow bananas in Portland.

Your belief in the CO2 hype is easily solvable.  Simple stop exhaling. But please, plant a tree first.
Except Chuck's a real scientist and you're a Nazi religious freak and your goal is for us to suffer and die.
I'll go with Chuck, thank you.
(01-16-2020, 08:32 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Except Chuck's a real scientist and you're a Nazi religious freak and your goal is for us to suffer and die.

Chuck is a scientist  Laughing
(01-16-2020, 09:05 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 08:32 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Except Chuck's a real scientist and you're a Nazi religious freak and your goal is for us to suffer and die.

Chuck is a scientist  Laughing
And I'm a Nazi? Laughing Laughing 

Something is very wrong with bbqboy.
(01-16-2020, 06:38 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(01-16-2020, 02:21 AM)chuck white Wrote:

Your belief in the CO2 hype is easily solvable.  Simple stop exhaling. But please, plant a tree first.

The carbon I breath out comes from plants that removed carbon from the atmosphere. This is carbon neutral, fossil fuel is old carbon that was dug out of the ground.
So stop breathing is not a solution. Making fuel from bio mass is.
Quote:Scientists have discovered record warm water beneath Antarctica's "doomsday glacier" for the first time, leading to concerns for the glacier whose collapse could contribute nearly a meter (approximately 3 feet) to global sea level rise.
https://www.ecowatch.com/antarctica-doom...belltitem1
(01-30-2020, 08:04 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Scientists have discovered record warm water beneath Antarctica's "doomsday glacier" for the first time, leading to concerns for the glacier whose collapse could contribute nearly a meter (approximately 3 feet) to global sea level rise.
Would that lap at trump tower’s doors?

How bout 666 5th Avenue?
(01-30-2020, 12:11 PM)bbqboy Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 08:04 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Would that lap at trump tower’s doors?

How bout 666 5th Avenue?

He moved to Florida, don't you know.

Laughing Laughing