Record Breaking Weather
Not really "weather", unless you're one of those global warming pushers.....

Here is an example of a great explanation for varying Antarctic sheet ice. They did give one paragraph of lip service to "global Warming" (I think it's a Law now), but surely the article is something to consider. The Earth is not entirely "settled science" yet....

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/07/nasa-h...ice-sheet/
(11-07-2017, 01:53 PM)Hugo Wrote: Not really "weather", unless you're one of those global warming pushers.....

Here is an example of a great explanation for varying Antarctic sheet ice.  They did give one paragraph of lip service to "global Warming" (I think it's a Law now), but surely the article is something to consider.  The Earth is not entirely "settled science" yet....

From a right wing website. Jesus H Christ try reading something that isn't. When are you going to wake up an see how obvious it is that denying real science is political.
(11-07-2017, 01:56 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 01:53 PM)Hugo Wrote: Not really "weather", unless you're one of those global warming pushers.....

Here is an example of a great explanation for varying Antarctic sheet ice.  They did give one paragraph of lip service to "global Warming" (I think it's a Law now), but surely the article is something to consider.  The Earth is not entirely "settled science" yet....

From a right wing website. Jesus H Christ try reading something that isn't. When are you going to wake up an see how obvious it is that denying real science is political.

So you're saying NASA is lying?  I mean, this link is embedded in the story.

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?r...E8.twitter
(11-07-2017, 02:10 PM)Hugo Wrote:

I'm saying climate change is real and it's caused by human beings activity. To deny that at this point is just like still claim Obama was not born in the USA.
Meaning  those who STILL deny what the vast majority of the worlds experts are saying are a dumb as birthers.
Even the DOD is concerned...
(11-07-2017, 02:10 PM)Hugo Wrote:

NASA isn't but the dailycaller article is bending the crap out of that study to make it appear to say what they want. Did you read the linked article too?
Warmer climate reduces the snow load on mountains. This is expected to cause increased volcanic activity.
It's all linked together.
(11-07-2017, 09:04 PM)chuck white Wrote: Warmer climate reduces the snow load on mountains. This is expected to cause increased volcanic activity.

So it's some kind of conspiracy thing eh?
(11-07-2017, 09:04 PM)chuck white Wrote: Warmer climate reduces the snow load on mountains. This is expected to cause increased volcanic activity.

Laughing Laughing   I'm pretty sure Volcanic activity is usually the movement of the tectonic plates allowing passage of magma to the surface.  But that is a pretty good LEAP. Smiling
(11-08-2017, 06:32 AM)Hugo Wrote:

Laughing Laughing   I'm pretty sure Volcanic activity is usually the movement of the tectonic plates allowing passage of magma to the surface.  But that is a pretty good LEAP. Smiling

Yes, All that snow is moving off of one tectonic plate (the one with a mountain) to another (the one with an ocean). This shifts the pressure and they move.
More earthquakes and volcanoes is one of the predictions of global warming.
I heard about that in 1972, when I first heard about global warming caused by CO2.
(11-08-2017, 06:52 AM)chuck white Wrote:

Yes, All that snow is moving off of one tectonic plate (the one with a mountain) to another (the one with an ocean). This shifts the pressure and they move.
I heard about that in 1972, when I first heard about global warming caused by CO2.

Laughing  You get funnier and funnier!!  The Snow Pack on the Ocean.....  LMFAO

By the way...  CO2 is NECESSARY for life to EXIST.  It's what the trees "breathe" in, and they "exhale" the Oxygen we breathe.  Higher CO2 actually promotes MORE plant life, more oxygen, and we get to live here.  Great system, I think.
(11-08-2017, 07:24 AM)Hugo Wrote:

By the way...  CO2 is NECESSARY for life to EXIST.  It's what the trees "breathe" in, and they "exhale" the Oxygen we breathe.  Higher CO2 actually promotes MORE plant life, more oxygen, and we get to live here.  Great system, I think.
You bet. Carbon Dioxide IS necessary. 
And the human body needs calories to maintain life.
Hey, I know! Let's all increase our caloric intake to a million calories a day.
Reason: It's what separates us from the lower animals. 
Science: Great system, I think.
(11-08-2017, 07:32 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Laughing  Apples, Oranges and Bananas....  Bullshit

(edit:  had to fix that....)
(11-08-2017, 07:44 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 06:32 AM)Hugo Wrote: Laughing Laughing   I'm pretty sure Volcanic activity is usually the movement of the tectonic plates allowing passage of magma to the surface.  But that is a pretty good LEAP. Smiling

When reasonable argument fails, resort to slinging...bullshit. 
(No need to fix that)
(11-08-2017, 08:11 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 06:52 AM)chuck white Wrote: Yes, All that snow is moving off of one tectonic plate (the one with a mountain) to another (the one with an ocean). This shifts the pressure and they move.

(No need to fix that)

Eating a million calories a day is a reasonable argument?
(11-08-2017, 08:26 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 07:24 AM)Hugo Wrote: Laughing  You get funnier and funnier!!  The Snow Pack on the Ocean.....  LMFAO

(No need to fix that)

Of course not! And neither is dumping untold tons of CO2 into our atmosphere. Hugo suggested CO2 is a good thing and it is. Too much of a good thing can kill us. 
(And your question wasn't reasonable)
(11-08-2017, 08:37 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 07:32 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: You bet. Carbon Dioxide IS necessary. 

(No need to fix that)

Of course not! And neither is dumping untold tons of CO2 into our atmosphere. Hugo suggested CO2 is a good thing and it is. Too much of a good thing can kill us. 

The earth is designed to, and does quite well at, handling the fluctuations of the gasses and atmospheric conditions, and even the fluctuations of the solar input that happens (and has ALWAYS happened) to the planet.  The planet was here long before us, and will be here long after we are gone.  One meteor away from extinction ya know. Wink

So cheer up!
(11-08-2017, 08:43 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 07:44 AM)Hugo Wrote: Laughing  Apples, Oranges and Bananas....  Bullshit

(No need to fix that)

The earth is designed to, and does quite well at, handling the fluctuations of the gasses and atmospheric conditions, and even the fluctuations of the solar input that happens (and has ALWAYS happened) to the planet.  The planet was here long before us, and will be here long after we are gone.  One meteor away from extinction ya know. Wink

So cheer up!

Ignore science. 
Pray!
(11-08-2017, 08:55 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 08:11 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: When reasonable argument fails, resort to slinging...bullshit. 
(No need to fix that)

So cheer up!

Ignore science. 
Pray!

Laughing  That's not how I roll.  It's just that you are believing a junk science CULT, and ignoring real science.
(11-08-2017, 09:14 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 08:55 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-08-2017, 08:26 AM)GPnative Wrote: Eating a million calories a day is a reasonable argument?

So cheer up!

Ignore science. 
Pray!

Laughing  That's not how I roll.  It's just that you are believing a junk science CULT, and ignoring real science.
"And never the twain shall meet"  Smiling