Record Breaking Weather
(06-30-2018, 12:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 09:04 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 03:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 01:27 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 01:06 PM)tvguy Wrote: Record-breaking heat waves have occurred during the month of June in every part of the country.
Wow it's almost as if something as if warming our climate?? Blink Blink

That's interesting.  I lived in south east Arizona and June was not the hottest month.  Not that that means a thing.
I have an old friend from when I lived in Ohio who now lives in Tuscon. But only during the winter. He says practically everyone else leaves too.They have sunshine days 350 days a year. Blink Where did you live?

About 40 miles east of Tombstone.  But Tuscon swelters for sure.  This was in the late 80's early 90's.  There was a huge Snowbird culture there, of people who came to winter there and then left.  In winter it actually got quite cold.  For about a month.  It's funny how you say they have sunshine 350 days a year.  That actually bothered me.  I grew up on the coast of Southern California and was usesd to soft, misty spring mornings.  Much like early June here.  Waking up to blazing sunshine every morning was disconcerting and uncomfortable for me.
I lived in San Deigo for a few months back in the early 70's. I liked the climate but mostly I just loved the ocean.
Since I grew up in Ohio and moved here where winter was always not really a "winter" to me.
I've always joked about people who complain about the cold.

But at this point in my life I'm starting to dread the long wet drizzly gray winters. I would take sunshine all year long in a heart beat.

Winters here are kind of miserable.  Mild, but miserable.
(06-30-2018, 01:25 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 03:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 01:27 PM)Juniper Wrote: That's interesting.  I lived in south east Arizona and June was not the hottest month.  Not that that means a thing.
I have an old friend from when I lived in Ohio who now lives in Tuscon. But only during the winter. He says practically everyone else leaves too.They have sunshine days 350 days a year. Blink Where did you live?

About 40 miles east of Tombstone.  But Tuscon swelters for sure.  This was in the late 80's early 90's.  There was a huge Snowbird culture there, of people who came to winter there and then left.  In winter it actually got quite cold.  For about a month.  It's funny how you say they have sunshine 350 days a year.  That actually bothered me.  I grew up on the coast of Southern California and was usesd to soft, misty spring mornings.  Much like early June here.  Waking up to blazing sunshine every morning was disconcerting and uncomfortable for me.
I lived in San Deigo for a few months back in the early 70's. I liked the climate but mostly I just loved the ocean.
Since I grew up in Ohio and moved here where winter was always not really a "winter" to me.

But at this point in my life I'm starting to dread the long wet drizzly gray winters. I would take sunshine all year long in a heart beat.

Winters here are kind of miserable.  Mild, but miserable.

Yeah but for me they didn't used to be.
(06-30-2018, 01:12 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-30-2018, 12:52 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 03:20 PM)tvguy Wrote: I have an old friend from when I lived in Ohio who now lives in Tuscon. But only during the winter. He says practically everyone else leaves too.They have sunshine days 350 days a year. Blink Where did you live?

I was born and raised in San Diego. I moved away after graduation. The climate and the beaches were the best!  As a child the worst part was earthquake drills (because thinking about the big earthquake coming was scary AF) and bussing (let the kids go to the school that are in their area with their neighborhood friends). I've been back a few times over the years... but I have no desire to ever live there again.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Because of the crowding right?
You would think so. But in my neighborhood there was no rhyme or reason to it. We lived a mile from the school... yet half of the kids were bussed 8+ miles to a different school. We also had kids bussed in to our school. I believe it had more to do with integration than over crowding.

(06-30-2018, 02:35 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(06-30-2018, 01:12 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-30-2018, 12:52 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(06-29-2018, 09:04 PM)Juniper Wrote: About 40 miles east of Tombstone.  But Tuscon swelters for sure.  This was in the late 80's early 90's.  There was a huge Snowbird culture there, of people who came to winter there and then left.  In winter it actually got quite cold.  For about a month.  It's funny how you say they have sunshine 350 days a year.  That actually bothered me.  I grew up on the coast of Southern California and was usesd to soft, misty spring mornings.  Much like early June here.  Waking up to blazing sunshine every morning was disconcerting and uncomfortable for me.

I was born and raised in San Diego. I moved away after graduation. The climate and the beaches were the best!  As a child the worst part was earthquake drills (because thinking about the big earthquake coming was scary AF) and bussing (let the kids go to the school that are in their area with their neighborhood friends). I've been back a few times over the years... but I have no desire to ever live there again.

Because of the crowding right?
You would think so. But in my neighborhood there was no rhyme or reason to it. We lived a mile from the school... yet half of the kids were bussed 8+ miles to a different school. We also had kids bussed in to our school.  I believe it had more to do with integration than over crowding.

I think during a certain time period busing was done just to be busing. I remember I was bused to a different grade school in fourth or fifth grade. I have no idea why. The racial population was about the same in all the schools in our district. Mostly all white with a couple blacks and maybe an Indian or a Latino or two in a population of 40 or so per grade per grade school. The busing didn't make any difference and only lasted one year that I remember. My sister and I were bused but my other siblings weren't.

Never did understand that but at the time I didn't much care either. I was kind of glad when I could get back to my regular school though.
Quote:DENVER – The Denver all-time record-high temperature of 105 degrees, which was set in 2012 and 2005, was tied Thursday at 2:20 p.m.

That came about three hours after Denver broke the daily high record of 99 degrees, which was set in 1986.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/lo...efore-noon
(06-30-2018, 03:36 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:DENVER – The Denver all-time record-high temperature of 105 degrees, which was set in 2012 and 2005, was tied Thursday at 2:20 p.m.

That came about three hours after Denver broke the daily high record of 99 degrees, which was set in 1986.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/lo...efore-noon

broke a record, set a record and tied two records... all in one day... busy in Denver.
Quote:Many parts of Southern California hit new high-temperature marks Friday, with a few spots reaching the hottest readings ever recorded.
Among the places that set all-time records were Van Nuys Airport (117 degrees), Burbank Airport (114), UCLA (111), Santa Ana (114) and Ramona (115), according to the National Weather Service. Riverside tied its all-time high temperature of 118.
Downtown Los Angeles hit a new high for the day, at 108. Long Beach Airport hit 108 and Woodland Hills, 118.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me...story.html
(07-08-2018, 04:14 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Many parts of Southern California hit new high-temperature marks Friday, with a few spots reaching the hottest readings ever recorded.
Among the places that set all-time records were Van Nuys Airport (117 degrees), Burbank Airport (114), UCLA (111), Santa Ana (114) and Ramona (115), according to the National Weather Service. Riverside tied its all-time high temperature of 118.
Downtown Los Angeles hit a new high for the day, at 108. Long Beach Airport hit 108 and Woodland Hills, 118.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me...story.html

I'll bet the beaches were packed!

"There is no life east of PCH, but there is parking."  (seen on a t-shirt somewhere)
Quote:- North Texas smashed a 93-year-old daily heat record Thursday, with the mercury climbing to 108 degrees Fahrenheit (42 Celsius) in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/...gs.YUGev7A
Quote:A cold snap has delivered some of the chilliest temperatures in decades to parts of Australia’s east coast, with more frosty mornings to come.

Both Parkes and Cowra in New South Wales have set new all-time coldest minimum temperature records today with the mercury dropping to -6.6 and -5.8 degrees respectively. Both sites opened back in 1958.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andre...97fecd788c
Quote:Monday was the hottest day on record for Waco as temperatures climbed to 114 degrees just after 5 p.m., according to the National Weather Service.

“Officially and by two degrees, this is the hottest it has ever been in Waco,” National Weather Service meteorologist Dennis Cain said.

https://www.wacotrib.com/news/weather/at...330c5.html
Quote:Climate change IS behind the 'weirdness' of Earth's current weather as 118 of all-time heat records have been set or tied across the globe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...hange.html
Quote:July has been one for extreme heat around the world, but every locale pales in comparison to what’s going on at Death Valley in California. Already one of the hottest places on the Earth, the heat has gone into overdrive this July. Death Valley is in line to set a record for the hottest month ever recorded on Earth.

https://earther.gizmodo.com/californias-...1828001766
Scorching temperatures broil Central Oregon

The thermostat hit 104 degrees in Bend on Wednesday, more than 20 degrees higher than the average temperature this time of the year, according to the National Weather Service. The high temperature was also a record in Bend for the day, breaking the previous record of 102 degrees on Aug. 8, 1972.
[Image: 51475115_10213397229071449_9048039450218...e=5CFC8F3F]
Oh my gawd, Gregg is so full of himself. Oh, the weight of his responsiblity!

[url=https://www.facebook.com/RogueWeatherNow/?ref=nf&__tn__=%3C-R&eid=ARBkwmIlwiyIuNOp3r7_UaNLCil8_ILQSwl87CA3d5j3GYV2kkpuJ94DQyIfpUADOiJTOovOYQtXc6CV&hc_ref=ARTQaNV68woyNrLk7qseHc91TolZPz9z_096ecP-KrqZo0PLI4EfjXMH3y3myWxYKrw&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARB0D8kTI89RAVlqPq5YMPeEK7ikewQtZO3gBLxUJm7PsgS7OIu6etO2uplPfTmUz0jvd6khEWCex1wK6IZMHCMPOy5XOE5VrjCrH_EAJ0o0hbr8vZWwrsJVLQWPwj3oRgzmMd7gnIqF_NhnR6tQThGZaRKTR5M_3qCjAdp1aOIMuAv9cC7jvA_m8-ww1cxSUrcCkhlYzjz8V8ZdVTSTi_3JYy3NAKIlrFL9v4ff8NABlnVrOeCBHu_ScJJH3MLBLvwS0TErl3Ps58OP7YD0qfL4pcaDaGU5MloyLD1mX_vI3CqXAa2UPe3y7K5h3voR_js-vKPHoZrxT-I-R-K4j5rwSDzYAxYkJL9IIfoh2YlYYZZkQIM][/url][Image: 1395341_754464551245750_888674280_n.jpg?...e=5CB5CC54]

ROGUEWEATHER IS ONE MAN WORKING OUT OF A LIVING ROOM IN MEDFORD, OREGON
This is NOT a TV or Radio station situation. There are not numerous people doing what you see put out here.
Just one guy.
And when we reach events of this magnitude, I cannot possibly answer every single question about how much snow and when. Or, what are roads like. There are some things you are just going to have to get figured out on your own from the information you see presented here.
As for the snow situation in the valleys below 1500 feet.....it is going to happen today. When is going to depend on numerous factors. But it will. It is snowing hard in the Portland area right now and that air mass and snow is coming right towards us.
The highways and I 5 are seeing and will continue to see severe impacts from heavy snow. If you do not absolutely have to travel in or out of Southern Oregon or Northern California DON'T!
If you are going to be needing to get back home and have to travel through the mountains, then you and your vehicle better be well prepared. You MUST have chains with you. That is the law. Even with 4 wheel drives with studded tires it will be slow going today. What might normally take 2 - 3 hours is likely to be double to triple that with a day like this one. And, there will very likely be delays with short term closures to address situations that arise. So like I said...if you do not have to travel, please do not do it. Local trips around town or from say Grants Pass to Medford is something else entirely and common sense would dictate that.
(02-09-2019, 03:21 PM)Juniper Wrote: [Image: 51475115_10213397229071449_9048039450218...e=5CFC8F3F]

[url=https://www.facebook.com/RogueWeatherNow/?ref=nf&__tn__=%3C-R&eid=ARBkwmIlwiyIuNOp3r7_UaNLCil8_ILQSwl87CA3d5j3GYV2kkpuJ94DQyIfpUADOiJTOovOYQtXc6CV&hc_ref=ARTQaNV68woyNrLk7qseHc91TolZPz9z_096ecP-KrqZo0PLI4EfjXMH3y3myWxYKrw&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARB0D8kTI89RAVlqPq5YMPeEK7ikewQtZO3gBLxUJm7PsgS7OIu6etO2uplPfTmUz0jvd6khEWCex1wK6IZMHCMPOy5XOE5VrjCrH_EAJ0o0hbr8vZWwrsJVLQWPwj3oRgzmMd7gnIqF_NhnR6tQThGZaRKTR5M_3qCjAdp1aOIMuAv9cC7jvA_m8-ww1cxSUrcCkhlYzjz8V8ZdVTSTi_3JYy3NAKIlrFL9v4ff8NABlnVrOeCBHu_ScJJH3MLBLvwS0TErl3Ps58OP7YD0qfL4pcaDaGU5MloyLD1mX_vI3CqXAa2UPe3y7K5h3voR_js-vKPHoZrxT-I-R-K4j5rwSDzYAxYkJL9IIfoh2YlYYZZkQIM][/url][Image: 1395341_754464551245750_888674280_n.jpg?...e=5CB5CC54]

This is NOT a TV or Radio station situation. There are not numerous people doing what you see put out here.
Just one guy.
And when we reach events of this magnitude, I cannot possibly answer every single question about how much snow and when. Or, what are roads like. There are some things you are just going to have to get figured out on your own from the information you see presented here.
As for the snow situation in the valleys below 1500 feet.....it is going to happen today. When is going to depend on numerous factors. But it will. It is snowing hard in the Portland area right now and that air mass and snow is coming right towards us.
The highways and I 5 are seeing and will continue to see severe impacts from heavy snow. If you do not absolutely have to travel in or out of Southern Oregon or Northern California DON'T!
If you are going to be needing to get back home and have to travel through the mountains, then you and your vehicle better be well prepared. You MUST have chains with you. That is the law. Even with 4 wheel drives with studded tires it will be slow going today. What might normally take 2 - 3 hours is likely to be double to triple that with a day like this one. And, there will very likely be delays with short term closures to address situations that arise. So like I said...if you do not have to travel, please do not do it. Local trips around town or from say Grants Pass to Medford is something else entirely and common sense would dictate that.

Hmm.  I see a note at the top about it being a small operation, not a company, then I see a thought out forecast for the day.  Not sure I see someone full of themselves.

PS. I heard his mom is in the hospital.  Maybe he was stressed by people wanting more.  But judge away.
(02-09-2019, 06:53 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 03:21 PM)Juniper Wrote: [Image: 51475115_10213397229071449_9048039450218...e=5CFC8F3F]

Just one guy.

Hmm.  I see a note at the top about it being a small operation, not a company, then I see a thought out forecast for the day.  Not sure I see someone full of themselves.

PS. I heard his mom is in the hospital.  Maybe he was stressed by people wanting more.  But judge away.

Well, it all sounds good if you don't know the guy.  It's just me.

Just one guy.

I don't need to judge based on this post from Rogueweather who started it by YELLING and is clearly scolding whomever he thinks he is talking to.

I know who it is and he is a colossal blowhard with a huge ego and thinks his shit doesn't stink.
(02-10-2019, 04:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Just one guy.

I don't need to judge based on this post from Rogueweather who started it by YELLING and is clearly scolding whomever he thinks he is talking to.

I know who it is and he is a colossal blowhard with a huge ego and thinks his shit doesn't stink.

I just think of a lot of other ways to say what he said without sounding so self important.  I'm hardly unbiased though. He was always a jerk.
(02-10-2019, 05:48 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 04:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Just one guy.

I just think of a lot of other ways to say what he said without sounding so self important.  I'm hardly unbiased though. He was always a jerk.
I quit following him long ago because he had a bad attitude.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk