Record Breaking Weather
(07-20-2019, 01:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-20-2019, 07:39 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Maybe this will make Wonky return.

I just about spit out my drink. My God did he used to bitch about this thread or what?
I was kind of missing the old fella and one day I was looking for something on this site and ran in to some of the hall monitors comments and quickly changed my mind.

Well, I miss Wonky too.  But not because I miss his thoughts to us. Because it was provactative enough to react to and that kept things dynamic which is good for a forum.  He engaged.
(07-21-2019, 07:54 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-20-2019, 01:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-20-2019, 07:39 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Maybe this will make Wonky return.

I just about spit out my drink. My God did he used to bitch about this thread or what?
I was kind of missing the old fella and one day I was looking for something on this site and ran in to some of the hall monitors comments and quickly changed my mind.

Well, I miss Wonky too.  But not because I miss his thoughts to us. Because it was provactative enough to react to and that kept things dynamic which is good for a forum.  He engaged.
Yes true about that part. The other part not at all.
it been awhile since I posted here.

Quote:September 2019: Earth’s Warmest September on Record

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/eye...on-record/

Quote:September 2019 was the planet's warmest September since record keeping began in 1880, said NOAA's National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) on October 16. NASA rated September 2019 as the second warmest September on record, just 0.1 degrees Centigrade behind September 2016. Minor differences between the NOAA and NASA rankings can result because of differing techniques on how they handle data-sparse regions like the Arctic.

OK, maybe only the second warmest, depends on who you talk to.
Laughing
(11-09-2019, 08:57 AM)chuck white Wrote: it been awhile since I posted here.

Quote:September 2019: Earth’s Warmest September on Record

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/eye...on-record/

Quote:September 2019 was the planet's warmest September since record keeping began in 1880, said NOAA's National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) on October 16. NASA rated September 2019 as the second warmest September on record, just 0.1 degrees Centigrade behind September 2016. Minor differences between the NOAA and NASA rankings can result because of differing techniques on how they handle data-sparse regions like the Arctic.

OK, maybe only the second warmest, depends on who you talk to.
Laughing
They said you wuz dead Laughing
Not dead, but have fallen into you-tube trap
(11-11-2019, 05:40 AM)chuck white Wrote: Not dead, but have fallen into you-tube trap

huh?
(11-11-2019, 12:59 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 05:40 AM)chuck white Wrote: Not dead, but have fallen into you-tube trap

huh?

Just sitting around watching crap on you-tube, mostly about impeachment or car chases
(11-12-2019, 08:05 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 12:59 PM)tvguy Wrote:

huh?

Just sitting around watching crap on you-tube, mostly about impeachment or car chases

OK I see.
Quote:While it seems like the entire eastern half of the country was stuck in a week-long ice age in recent days, one area in South Florida has quietly gotten away with living in an alternate, far warmer reality. Wednesday's high temperature of 81 degrees Fahrenheit marked the 231st consecutive day of temperatures reaching at least 80. On Thursday, the mercury climbed past 80 again, extending the streak to 232 days and the streak reached 233 days on Friday when the temperature went above 80 again.

The streak of warmth breaks a record dating all the way back to 1872,

https://www.accuweather.com/en/winter-we...mer/627654
Quote: Alaskans have experienced both a record high temperature and a record amount of snowfall in the same day.
The Anchorage Daily News reports the Municipality of Anchorage saw snowfall of more than a foot Saturday after tying a temperature record set in 1967.
The National Weather Service says the city tied the high-temperature record by reaching 45 degrees Fahrenheit (7.2 Celsius) around 3 a.m.
The weather service says southeast winds blew warm air into the city before the winds subsided, temperatures dropped and snow fell.
Snow levels at the weather service’s office broke the 1958 record of 8.3 inches

https://apnews.com/1f8011a791be48049033be0ebd25d3f1
Stole this, but agree with the message.

Quote:It's easier to prove climate change creates new living species on the planet earth,  than it is to prove the climate isn't supposed to change to support human life.  
99% of all living species to ever inhabit the earth are extinct,  from normal climate changing on the planet.

The burden of proof for the climate hysterics is to prove the earth isn't allowed to change, so that our arrognat species survives forever.
(11-25-2019, 10:01 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: Stole this, but agree with the message.

Quote:It's easier to prove climate change creates new living species on the planet earth,  than it is to prove the climate isn't supposed to change to support human life.  
99% of all living species to ever inhabit the earth are extinct,  from normal climate changing on the planet.

The burden of proof for the climate hysterics is to prove the earth isn't allowed to change, so that our arrognat species survives forever.

The question is the rate of change and the cause of that change.
(11-25-2019, 10:01 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: Stole this, but agree with the message.

Nice example of stubborn ignorance and likely the desire to listen to an believe far right wing morons who deny science.
Your comment reminds me of Charlton Heston's unbelievable stupidity.
He thought it was arrogant of human beings to believe we can alter the weather or harm the earth.
(11-25-2019, 02:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Nice example of stubborn ignorance and likely the desire to listen to an believe far right wing morons who deny science.
Your comment reminds me of Charlton Heston's unbelievable stupidity.
He thought it was arrogant of human beings to believe we can alter the weather or harm the earth.

He under estimates the effect of biology on the makeup of the world.
WTH?....you'd think it was the end of the world, the way the news is going on. A cyclone bomb. Why on earth would they give it a name like that other than to increase paranoia and heighten fear? This is why I don't watch the news.
(11-25-2019, 07:40 PM)Juniper Wrote: WTH?....you'd think it was the end of the world, the way the news is going on.  A cyclone bomb.  Why on earth would they give it a  name like that other than to increase paranoia and heighten fear?  This is why I don't watch the news.

What I thought a couple years ago when they started using that to describe storms.

Makes one wonder just what you did to piss off that loving compassionate god of yours for her to do that to you then?
(11-25-2019, 10:32 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 07:40 PM)Juniper Wrote: WTH?....you'd think it was the end of the world, the way the news is going on.  A cyclone bomb.  Why on earth would they give it a  name like that other than to increase paranoia and heighten fear?  This is why I don't watch the news.

What I thought a couple years ago when they started using that to describe storms.

They did.  It's the way they do it when they announce it.  The Weather Service people or whoever came up with that stupid monikier should have known.

It is so annoying to me....and I'm also sick of the news thinking they are our nannies. Telling me to check my tires and/or buy snow chains/tires is not news. Telling me how to drive on wet pavement is not news, telling me when or when not to leave my house for travel is not news. Telling me what to pack or fill my tank IS NOT NEWS.
(11-26-2019, 12:54 PM)GPnative Wrote:

It is so annoying to me....and I'm also sick of the news thinking they are our nannies. Telling me to check my tires and/or buy snow chains/tires is not news. Telling me how to drive on wet pavement is not news, telling me when or when not to leave my house for travel is not news. Telling me what to pack or fill my tank IS NOT NEWS.

I completely agree. But there is a significant number of people out there that NEED to be told that. And they still won't listen.

Now when they start turning the news into a cooking show that's annoying.