Brazilian man nurses abused dog back to life.
This is viraling around the web. But it's pretty impressive. Don't look if you don't have a strong stomach. Really. But it's a great story.

http://cdn.viralnova.com/wp-content/uplo...ed-dog.jpg

http://www.viralnova.com/terribly-abused-dog/
We need more people like him making a difference in this world for the good. What he did for this dog is so awesome!
(01-22-2014, 11:31 PM)HoneyhalfWitch Wrote: We need more people like him making a difference in this world for the good. What he did for this dog is so awesome!

Lucky dog he is. Thanks for the reply, Honey. Sometimes I wonder about this place. People only seem to want to discuss politics, gays, politics, religion and gays.
I can discuss all that.

I just can't deal with animal abuse. It's too upsetting.
(01-23-2014, 10:58 AM)csrowan Wrote: I can discuss all that.

I understand. But the story is much more about an animal being saved than abused and seems uplifting to me. It didn't even say how Fransisco knew the dog was abused? Maybe it was just neglected and was probably torn up by other dogs or some other animal.

Anyway good for Fransisco for doing most of the work himself. I think most of us would have saved this dog but we would have just paid to have it doneBig Grin

Now, about the maggotsRazz It said the dog was being eaten alive by them. From what I understand the maggots only eat dead and infected tissue and I'm wondering if they weren't actually beneficial.
They have been used on human beings.. recentlySmiling
I don't think it was necessarily abuse. I think this dog was a stray who got in trouble and was injured. And in terrible shape.
(01-23-2014, 06:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I understand. But the story is much more about an animal being saved than abused and seems uplifting to me. It didn't even say how Fransisco knew the dog was abused? Maybe it was just neglected and was probably torn up by other dogs or some other animal.

Anyway good for Fransisco for doing most of the work himself. I think most of us would have saved this dog but we would have just paid to have it doneBig Grin

Now, about the maggotsRazz It said the dog was being eaten alive by them. From what I understand the maggots only eat dead and infected tissue and I'm wondering if they weren't actually beneficial.

I thought that too, TV. I didn't think it was good choice of words. They are beneficial, and without them, the dog would have been dead long before. But I don't think they would have saved him.
(01-23-2014, 07:41 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(01-23-2014, 06:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I thought that too, TV. I didn't think it was good choice of words. They are beneficial, and without them, the dog would have been dead long before. But I don't think they would have saved him.

No but just think of the cool title we could have had...

Maggots save abused dog
(01-22-2014, 11:34 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(01-22-2014, 11:31 PM)HoneyhalfWitch Wrote: We need more people like him making a difference in this world for the good. What he did for this dog is so awesome!

Lucky dog he is. Thanks for the reply, Honey. Sometimes I wonder about this place. People only seem to want to discuss politics, gays, politics, religion and gays.

I don't click on subjects with warnings they're only for those with strong stomachs unless they're about politics, gays, or religion - it's too upsetting to go through all that for just a single dog.
(01-23-2014, 08:32 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(01-22-2014, 11:34 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

I don't click on subjects with warnings they're only for those with strong stomachs unless they're about politics, gays, or religion - it's too upsetting to go through all that for just a single dog.

But gays, now there's another thing.
Gays is a matter of justice for all, plus I have a son that's gay.
Dogs are cute and cuddly. Hearing about bad things happening to them makes me mad and sad and angry, but mostly sick.

Humans just make me mad. I think I've been overexposed to their inordinately monomaniacal obsession with themselves and their desires at the expense of the rest of everything else on the planet, including other humans.
I guess people forget that we ARE animals. We just have a evolved bigger brain instead of a keen sense of smell, incredible speed and endurance along with sharp teeth and powerful jaws.
Domesticated pets are not much to compare a human too are they? After all they are given every thing they need and don't have to use any of the skills or talents they evolved with to survive
Wait a tic? Maybe pets are indeed like some people, LIBERALSLaughingLaughing Sorry I think I was channeled by Scar and SF liberalRazz
Anyway if our dogs didn't have it made in the shade? They would be vicious and blood thirsty. Isn't that true with people too? Look at Somalia.

The vast majority of people I've met no matter where I've been were good people. And Like I've said before I believe most all over the world want the same things.
Food , shelter a family and some kind of security.
I think the constant focus on the worst part of society has jaded people way too much.
(01-23-2014, 09:26 PM)csrowan Wrote: Dogs are cute and cuddly. Hearing about bad things happening to them makes me mad and sad and angry, but mostly sick.

Humans just make me mad. I think I've been overexposed to their inordinately monomaniacal obsession with themselves and their desires at the expense of the rest of everything else on the planet, including other humans.
We really have no way of ascertaining from the post how the dog got into the state it was in. It isn't said it was abuse. I mean it could have been, but really there's no evidence it was actually abuse. So, in this case it's a case of a human doing a good thing for a helpless creature who would have died without his help.
I still haven't clicked on the story. I'm glad the dog is doing better. I was just trying to explain why I hadn't commented on the story, but was willing to "discuss politics, gays, politics, religion and gays."
(01-23-2014, 10:20 PM)csrowan Wrote: I still haven't clicked on the story. I'm glad the dog is doing better. I was just trying to explain why I hadn't commented on the story, but was willing to "discuss politics, gays, politics, religion and gays."

I didn't click on it either.

And don't give a damn about politics, gays, politics, religion and gays.
How'd that get included in a sad story about a dog anyway?

Welcome to the RVF. Wink
(01-23-2014, 10:15 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(01-23-2014, 09:26 PM)csrowan Wrote: Dogs are cute and cuddly. Hearing about bad things happening to them makes me mad and sad and angry, but mostly sick.

We really have no way of ascertaining from the post how the dog got into the state it was in. It isn't said it was abuse.

Well to be accurate and that's a mustLaughing
Your titles says Brazilian man nurses abused dog back to life.

Then when you click on the link that title says ...

How This Abused Dog Was Found Shocked Me So Bad

But no it didn't state how it was abuse.
(01-23-2014, 10:59 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-23-2014, 10:15 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

We really have no way of ascertaining from the post how the dog got into the state it was in. It isn't said it was abuse.

Well to be accurate and that's a mustLaughing
Your titles says Brazilian man nurses abused dog back to life.

Then when you click on the link that title says ...

How This Abused Dog Was Found Shocked Me So Bad

But no it didn't state how it was abuse.

Yes, I saw that. But there was no explanation for it being abuse, or even how he came by the dog.
(01-23-2014, 10:38 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(01-23-2014, 10:20 PM)csrowan Wrote: I still haven't clicked on the story. I'm glad the dog is doing better. I was just trying to explain why I hadn't commented on the story, but was willing to "discuss politics, gays, politics, religion and gays."

I didn't click on it either.

And don't give a damn about politics, gays, politics, religion and gays.
How'd that get included in a sad story about a dog anyway?

Welcome to the RVF. Wink

Wonky it was included because nobody ever really wants to talk about anything but that. It's incredibly boring after a while.
I'd be happy to talk about the Flying Spaghetti Monster, solipsism, the semantics of zen koans, whether hell is endothermic or exothermic, and ponder the existence of existence. Unfortunately, I don't have many willing conversation partners, and far too many willingly disruptive partners when it comes to topics like that.