seligman for county comm pos 1
Seligman has lawn signs. He is showing his inability to pick a side with his lawn signs. Two sets. One set black background with oranges letters. The other green background with yellow letters.

They scream "I will say anything to get a vote".
(03-13-2014, 04:35 PM)BeerMe Wrote: Seligman has lawn signs. He is showing his inability to pick a side with his lawn signs. Two sets. One set black background with oranges letters. The other green background with yellow letters.

They scream "I will say anything to get a vote".

So basically he's your typical every day run of the mill average Joe Blow politician?
So, did anybody proof read them before they were printed?

Just curious.
(03-13-2014, 06:42 PM)Cuzz Wrote: So, did anybody proof read them before they were printed?

Just curious.

I hope he went all Capital letters.
(03-13-2014, 08:27 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(03-13-2014, 06:42 PM)Cuzz Wrote: So, did anybody proof read them before they were printed?

Just curious.

Laughing
(03-13-2014, 08:27 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Just curious.

They say "No New Taxes" under his name. I'm going to buy some forest green and black spray paint and paint over the "No" on ever sign so they read "New Taxes". Maybe have stickers made so that they read "Pro New Taxes"
The "No New Taxes" slogan is a blatant lie. He supports new taxes. He supports legalizing and placing a 20% tax on marijuana, which would be new tax.
(03-16-2014, 12:19 PM)cj2112 Wrote: The "No New Taxes" slogan is a blatant lie. He supports new taxes. He supports legalizing and placing a 20% tax on marijuana, which would be new tax.

Yes. And did you see his Letter to the Editor? All about how people need to be honest about what they stand for. Pffft!
I didn't see his letter to the editor, not that it matters, he has several letters that were submitted and published using his name. We all know that he did not write any of those letters.
(03-16-2014, 12:27 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(03-16-2014, 12:19 PM)cj2112 Wrote: The "No New Taxes" slogan is a blatant lie. He supports new taxes. He supports legalizing and placing a 20% tax on marijuana, which would be new tax.

Yes. And did you see his Letter to the Editor? All about how people need to be honest about what they stand for. Pffft!

You people are nit picking. He proposes an entirely new business where the county can earn much needed revenue.
I think it's clear that his no new taxes stand meant no increases to existing taxes.
(03-16-2014, 12:34 PM)tvguy Wrote:

You people are nit picking. He proposes an entirely new business where the county can earn much needed revenue.
I think it's clear that his no new taxes stand meant no increases to existing taxes.

I don't think that message is clear at all.
"No new taxes", means no new taxes.
WTH??? Why do people think they can make up meanings to words that have been in use for eons?
What part of "no new taxes" means only no increase to existing taxes??????
Blink

"Say what you mean, mean what you say, or been seen as a dummy" is my mantra.
Wink

And, to add to his "I'm a dummy" image, there is no way the county can get tax relief from legalizing pot except via a vote of the people.
Legal or not, you can't just put a tax on it as Sillyman seems to think we can.

Along those lines, Josephine county should legalese Heroin imports and tax that. Also we should sell fishing Licenses for less money then the state. We could generate a lot of revenue from that.
So there is no question about it... from today's edition of the Daily Courier:

Quote:Candidates should be
truthful and accurate

As a candidate for Josephine
County commissioner, it is vitally
important that when you
speak you are accurate in your
information and don’t try to
mislead the public into voting
for you based on false information.
Furthermore, attempting
to scare voters by telling of
dubious scenarios is equally reprehensible.
Although I consider Mark
Gatlin a friend, I take exception
to his comments regarding why
you should vote yes on the property
tax levy on the May ballot.
He says Josephine County is
right behind Curry County,
which is poised to be taken over
by the state. When that happens,
the state will raise taxes to bring
back the level of public safety
that the state deems necessary.
This is clearly false — the
state can do no such thing.
Gatlin is attempting to mislead
you into voting for the tax levy
he supports. I, for one, will not
support a levy in a county with
people unemployed and on fixed
incomes.
Unfortunately, Commissioner
Simon Hare has broken campaign
promises and supported a
tax district and a levy, and
appears ready to support the
current levy proposal.
My plan is to live within our
means, demand the federal government
honor its obligations
and seek alternatives like lottery
money, responsible logging
and marijuana legalization as in
Colorado.
No matter what, we need
candidates who are truthful and
accurate, and that’s what I
promise to be.

MARK SELIGMAN
Selma

It isn't clear what he means. This would be a new business, that includes a new tax. He supports this new tax, yet his campaign slogan appears to be "NO NEW TAXES" (and yes it is in all caps on his campaign signs). How is this nitpicking? He can't claim he is against new taxes, when he clearly supports a new tax.
BTW, TVg... read the Letter to the Editor.
You have read Seligman's posts here. You tell us... does it appear that someone else wrote that letter?
I believe cj2112 is spot on.
I don't care who wrote the letter ScrapperSmiling

And Gapper...
Quote:And, to add to his "I'm a dummy" image, there is no way the county can get tax relief from legalizing pot except via a vote of the people.
Legal or not, you can't just put a tax on it as Sillyman seems to think we can.

Don't think that what I said in any way endorses this guy or any of his ideas.

It's just that all of you know damn well he is indeed in favor of a way for the county to get revenue from the sale of Marijuana. He has said so many times.
He has also said over and over that he's not in favor of paying any taxes especially property taxes.
I just think that with all of the inconsistent things this guy says that making a big deal out of a no new tax slogan when he wants to grow sell and tax weed Even though it technically true is IMO kind of silly or nit picking.

Actually focusing on ANYTHING he says is silly because he will NEVER be elected and you ALL know thisLaughing
Somewhere in an alternate universe he is POTUS!
(03-16-2014, 02:43 PM)cj2112 Wrote: Somewhere in an alternate universe he is POTUS!

Laughing