seligman for county comm pos 1
(01-24-2014, 02:32 PM)GPnative Wrote: I also saw in the Courier that Paul Walter has put his hat in the ring for Simon (dude, where's my car?) Hare's commissioner seat.

Well, if the people's choice is between Seligman, Walter or Hare... Hare has a darn good chance of getting a second term.
(01-24-2014, 02:36 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(01-24-2014, 02:32 PM)GPnative Wrote: I also saw in the Courier that Paul Walter has put his hat in the ring for Simon (dude, where's my car?) Hare's commissioner seat.

Well, if the people's choice is between Seligman, Walter or Hare... Hare has a darn good chance of getting a second term.

The filing deadline is 3/11, I would be surprised if no one else joins the race, but then again, who knows.
(01-24-2014, 02:41 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-24-2014, 02:36 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

The filing deadline is 3/11, I would be surprised if no one else joins the race, but then again, who knows.

At the County Clerks office this afternoon, I was told that Hare has filed in addition to Walter and Seligman
well I have written several constructive ideas to help the county solve its financial difficulties in the near future and yes marijuana legalization is the answer,short of that what it appears on the horizon.Most candidates Hare included will not say no to increased taxes there is the hope for respecting the voter as well as not imparting negatively on those that can least afford it.This is the reason if my candidacy is advertised and people are aware of my positions they will vote for me.Of course the lack of trust in government can only help my cause.Take one look at Cheryl Walker and her attempts at civil liberty assault and one will see why we need toneutralize this power mad control freak who believes in nanny government.It is notable the voters rejected her nuisance ordinance by such a large margin.There are a lot of factors working for me,the mj position is a gamble I admit however whats wrong with the truth?
(01-25-2014, 02:32 AM)phoenix Wrote: well I have written several constructive ideas to help the county solve its financial difficulties in the near future and yes marijuana legalization is the answer,short of that what it appears on the horizon.Most candidates Hare included will not say no to increased taxes there is the hope for respecting the voter as well as not imparting negatively on those that can least afford it.This is the reason if my candidacy is advertised and people are aware of my positions they will vote for me.Of course the lack of trust in government can only help my cause.Take one look at Cheryl Walker and her attempts at civil liberty assault and one will see why we need to neutralize this power mad control freak who believes in nanny government.It is notable the voters rejected her nuisance ordinance by such a large margin.There are a lot of factors working for me,the mj position is a gamble I admit however whats wrong with the truth?

So you think that Josephine county should legalize MJ ?
(01-25-2014, 07:58 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(01-25-2014, 02:32 AM)phoenix Wrote: well I have written several constructive ideas to help the county solve its financial difficulties in the near future and yes marijuana legalization is the answer,short of that what it appears on the horizon.Most candidates Hare included will not say no to increased taxes there is the hope for respecting the voter as well as not imparting negatively on those that can least afford it.This is the reason if my candidacy is advertised and people are aware of my positions they will vote for me.Of course the lack of trust in government can only help my cause.Take one look at Cheryl Walker and her attempts at civil liberty assault and one will see why we need to neutralize this power mad control freak who believes in nanny government.It is notable the voters rejected her nuisance ordinance by such a large margin.There are a lot of factors working for me,the mj position is a gamble I admit however whats wrong with the truth?

yes it should but if you read my article it says a feasibility study would be in order to get the county in the leasing of its lands, legalizing here would be a good prior step.
(01-25-2014, 02:32 AM)phoenix Wrote: well I have written several constructive ideas to help the county solve its financial difficulties in the near future and yes marijuana legalization is the answer,short of that what it appears on the horizon.Most candidates Hare included will not say no to increased taxes there is the hope for respecting the voter as well as not imparting negatively on those that can least afford it.This is the reason if my candidacy is advertised and people are aware of my positions they will vote for me.Of course the lack of trust in government can only help my cause.Take one look at Cheryl Walker and her attempts at civil liberty assault and one will see why we need toneutralize this power mad control freak who believes in nanny government.It is notable the voters rejected her nuisance ordinance by such a large margin.There are a lot of factors working for me,the mj position is a gamble I admit however whats wrong with the truth?

I repeat....

(01-24-2014, 02:15 PM)Scrapper Wrote: What does it tell you that Seligman doesn't get that he is wasting his time posting his "local political" ideas and endeavors on a Forum that the majority of its members don't live (and are not voters) in his (Josephine) County. The few members that do live in Jo Co, and can vote, have pretty much made it clear that they would never support him or his "local political" interests.

Heck, even the voters have said "No!"... more than once.

Ugh, even a thing as simple as his ability to post a coherent sentence using semi proper punctuation. How many times have people mentioned to him how bad that makes him look? Yet... even the title and his OP in this thread... says so much.

A valid question:
Why do you continue to waste your time posting this stuff on RVF?
(01-25-2014, 08:33 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(01-25-2014, 02:32 AM)phoenix Wrote: well I have written several constructive ideas to help the county solve its financial difficulties in the near future and yes marijuana legalization is the answer,short of that what it appears on the horizon.Most candidates Hare included will not say no to increased taxes there is the hope for respecting the voter as well as not imparting negatively on those that can least afford it.This is the reason if my candidacy is advertised and people are aware of my positions they will vote for me.Of course the lack of trust in government can only help my cause.Take one look at Cheryl Walker and her attempts at civil liberty assault and one will see why we need toneutralize this power mad control freak who believes in nanny government.It is notable the voters rejected her nuisance ordinance by such a large margin.There are a lot of factors working for me,the mj position is a gamble I admit however whats wrong with the truth?

I repeat....

(01-24-2014, 02:15 PM)Scrapper Wrote: What does it tell you that Seligman doesn't get that he is wasting his time posting his "local political" ideas and endeavors on a Forum that the majority of its members don't live (and are not voters) in his (Josephine) County. The few members that do live in Jo Co, and can vote, have pretty much made it clear that they would never support him or his "local political" interests.

Heck, even the voters have said "No!"... more than once.

Ugh, even a thing as simple as his ability to post a coherent sentence using semi proper punctuation. How many times have people mentioned to him how bad that makes him look? Yet... even the title and his OP in this thread... says so much.

A valid question:
Why do you continue to waste your time posting this stuff on RVF?

Why do you keep complaining about what the guys does or says? One is as pointless as the other.
(01-25-2014, 08:40 AM)tvguy Wrote: Why do you keep complaining about what the guys does or says? One is as pointless as the other.

Yes, you are.

I am not running for a 'local' position with a fat check; he is. My question is valid; my post points out how ridiculous it is that a person running for a 'local' position is wasting time trying to drum up support on a forum that the majority of its members are not residents of Jo Co and can not vote. And... the few that are/can... have made it clear that they do NOT support him.
(01-25-2014, 08:28 AM)phoenix Wrote:

yes it should but if you read my article it says a feasibility study would be in order to get the county in the leasing of its lands, legalizing here would be a good prior step.

Well if the state doesn't legalize it. You think the county should instead. Hell if they don't legalize it, I'm just going to legalize it here at my house instead.
I had my own legalization ordinance, and it passed some time back, matter of fact. Smiling
(01-25-2014, 08:52 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(01-25-2014, 08:40 AM)tvguy Wrote: Why do you keep complaining about what the guys does or says? One is as pointless as the other.

Yes, you are.

I am not running for a 'local' position with a fat check; he is. My question is valid; my post points out how ridiculous it is that a person running for a 'local' position is wasting time trying to drum up support on a forum that the majority of its members are not residents of Jo Co and can not vote. And... the few that are/can... have made it clear that they do NOT support him.

Just because most choose not to join the pissing matches, does not mean "the majority of it's members are not residents of Jo Co....". If you lived here, you might be surprised to learn how many people in town read this but never post.

And yes, you seem as obsessed, or more so, with posting about Seligman and haranguing him than he does. Has it occurred to you that Mark may be no more moved or influenced by your stalking as he is evidently about being told "no" repeatedly??

You two seem to be very close to being equally obsessed with exposure, good or bad, redundant or not. EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
now lets have a look at my opponent the incumbent,he has broken numerous campaign promises.First he promised to be against property tax increases he supported 2 of them which lost.Second he stated we should give back the check the federal government gives us to run county government which would leave us with very little.Third as a supporter of private enterprise he threatened to raise fees and make even more restrictive the conditions in which the Barter Faire in Cave junction operates.It should be pointed out this fair is the support for the Takilma Dome School near to where Simon grew up,so much for helping your neighbors.Fourthn he was a prime mover in shutting down the tv broadcasts of county meetings all of them and all we have now on tv is the weekly business session.He had cost issues as the reason, however a private citizen volunteered to do it for free and he had conflicts with this individual.When this was not even up for discussion on the weekly business session and a citizen objected he called the sheriff on them.He originally supported the failed nuisance ordinances later relenting to be against, he was a prime mover in getting them before the board.He as chair made it impossible except in rare circumstances to speak on more than 1 agenda item totaling 3 minutes maximum.He was under investigation by 2 police departments for filing a false police report and driving drunk,he was rude to police and deemed uncooperative.This is just a sample of proven facts I dare anyone to dispute about Commissioner Simon Hare.
Good luck Mark! Nothing would make me happier than to see you win.
(01-26-2014, 08:52 AM)Scar Wrote: Good luck Mark! Nothing would make me happier than to see you win.

thank you I hope you live in jocoSmiling
(01-26-2014, 09:03 AM)phoenix Wrote:
(01-26-2014, 08:52 AM)Scar Wrote: Good luck Mark! Nothing would make me happier than to see you win.

thank you I hope you live in jocoSmiling

I don't live there but I do visit quite often and have interests there.Wink
There is something wrong with your happiness receptors. Smiling

God help us all...
Simon (dude, where's my car) Hare

That's hilarious. I hope he puts it in on his campaign signs.
(01-25-2014, 08:28 AM)phoenix Wrote:

Until the Feds are okay with legalizing MJ your basically pissing up a tree.