seligman for county comm pos 1
(01-26-2014, 11:24 AM)phoenix Wrote:
(01-26-2014, 10:38 AM)HoneyhalfWitch Wrote:
(01-25-2014, 08:28 AM)phoenix Wrote:
(01-25-2014, 07:58 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(01-25-2014, 02:32 AM)phoenix Wrote: well I have written several constructive ideas to help the county solve its financial difficulties in the near future and yes marijuana legalization is the answer,short of that what it appears on the horizon.Most candidates Hare included will not say no to increased taxes there is the hope for respecting the voter as well as not imparting negatively on those that can least afford it.This is the reason if my candidacy is advertised and people are aware of my positions they will vote for me.Of course the lack of trust in government can only help my cause.Take one look at Cheryl Walker and her attempts at civil liberty assault and one will see why we need to neutralize this power mad control freak who believes in nanny government.It is notable the voters rejected her nuisance ordinance by such a large margin.There are a lot of factors working for me,the mj position is a gamble I admit however whats wrong with the truth?

So you think that Josephine county should legalize MJ ?

yes it should but if you read my article it says a feasibility study would be in order to get the county in the leasing of its lands, legalizing here would be a good prior step.

Until the Feds are okay with legalizing MJ your basically pissing up a tree.

I said feasibility study or were you busy pissing you didn't get that and shouldn't we be pro active and ready for the inevitable legalization?would you rather have increased property taxes in your future, most here would not.
So you want to spend money on a feasibility study, for something that may or may not happen. If leasing land for agriculture is the answer, we should be doing it now for wine grapes.
(01-26-2014, 10:31 AM)HoneyhalfWitch Wrote:
(01-24-2014, 02:32 PM)GPnative Wrote: I also saw in the Courier that Paul Walter has put his hat in the ring for Simon (dude, where's my car?) Hare's commissioner seat.

God help us all...

No worries.
Mark might pull 5 to 6% of the vote, Walter 15 to 20 (because he has a lot more money to throw at this waste of time than Mark) and Hare will walk away the victor, if no viable candidates enter the race before election day.
(01-26-2014, 11:39 AM)gapper Wrote:
(01-24-2014, 02:32 PM)GPnative Wrote: I also saw in the Courier that Paul Walter has put his hat in the ring for Simon (dude, where's my car?) Hare's commissioner seat.

God help us all...

No worries.
Mark might pull 5 to 6% of the vote, Walter 15 to 20 (because he has a lot more money to throw at this waste of time than Mark) and Hare will walk away the victor, if no viable candidates enter the race before election day.

Maybe its time to dig up some viable candidates. Hare was behind the failed ordinances but won't admit it. He insisted on the $1.48 levy but refused to campaign for it, drinks too much at public functions, pees in his pants, and can't find his car! What a leader!

Paul Walter doesn't care about Josephine County. His sights are on the great liberal left wing conspiracies over which he has no control. He thinks that by allowing Joserphine County to go down the tubes, he's sending a message to Wash. Lotsa luck with that!

Then there's the pot growing, pot smoking Seligman who has the recipe for prosperity. If he was right, the pot growing, pot smoking hippies in Takilma would have transformed it into another Beverly Hills.

What choices we have!!!!
(01-26-2014, 05:32 PM)minuteman Wrote:
(01-26-2014, 11:39 AM)gapper Wrote:

God help us all...

No worries.

Maybe its time to dig up some viable candidates. Hare was behind the failed ordinances but won't admit it. He insisted on the $1.48 levy but refused to campaign for it, drinks too much at public functions, pees in his pants, and can't find his car! What a leader!

Paul Walter doesn't care about Josephine County. His sights are on the great liberal left wing conspiracies over which he has no control. He thinks that by allowing Joserphine County to go down the tubes, he's sending a message to Wash. Lotsa luck with that!

Then there's the pot growing, pot smoking Seligman who has the recipe for prosperity. If he was right, the pot growing, pot smoking hippies in Takilma would have transformed it into another Beverly Hills.

What choices we have!!!!

Good point.
And, given the make up of constituents in this county, it's no wonder more qualified people don't step up to run.
[redacted quote in violation of section rules]

If I lived in Jo Co, I'd vote for Gapper for CC. Big Grin
(01-27-2014, 09:51 AM)Valuesize Wrote: [redacted quote in violation of section rules]

I live in Jo Co and will write him in. It will be up the the election folks to figure out who he is. Big Grin
(01-27-2014, 09:56 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(01-27-2014, 09:51 AM)Valuesize Wrote: [redacted quote in violation of section rules]

I live in Jo Co and will write him in. It will be up the the election folks to figure out who he is. Big Grin

AAAaaaahhh shucks....Embarrassed
You two are too nice for this crowd. Laughing
[redacted quote in violation of section rules]
i merely am saying aren't we all tired of the lackof prosperity here.Of course if your deal is I got mine the hell with you oh I understand where you are coming from.Continue to try to tax us into prosperity that will fail and don't let anyone criticize the horribly failed status quo.Mj will be 4 billion industry don't you think this county gov. should be part of it when it is legal what else you got or don't you care?
Phoenix, as for some of your adversaries remember that old Chinese saying, ''People who live in grass houses should not throw stones''.
(01-27-2014, 10:18 AM)Leonard Wrote: Phoenix, as for some your adversaries remember that old Chinese saying, ''People who live in grass houses should not throw stones''.

"grass houses"!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Might be a term he picked up from his dear old granny. Smiling
One example of why Mark Seligman's plan will never work... a Letter to the Editor in today's edition of The Daily Courier:

Quote:‘Medical marijuana’
issue a joke from start

A few days ago, the Daily
Courier printed a letter from
Teena Kendall (“Pot has no
business as ‘recreation’ in Oregon,”
Jan. 24) on the subject of
marijuana. Not only was her letter
well thought out, intelligent
and articulate, but it said nothing
I didn’t agree with.
This “medical marijuana”
thing was a joke right from the
get-go. Simply a way for some
people to make money off of the
weakness of others.
We have good doctors and
wonderful advances in medicine.
If you are ailing, go to the
doctor. If he advises using marijuana,
find another doctor! Who
told me that? A very good, wellknown
doctor.
If everyone had the common
sense and integrity of Kendall,
our streets wouldn’t be crowded
with weak-minded potheads.
Disrespectful? Many will not
like this letter, but you know
what? I don’t care! I didn’t get
to be 86 by smoking pot. Doctors
got me here.

G. L. MURRAY
Grants Pass

There are so many voters in Josephine County that think just like this person; especially the elderly and the uber religious. If they think "Medical Marijuana" is a joke... imagine what they'll think about Mark Seligman's idea. They would never vote for "weak-minded pothead" pushing any sort of marijuana agenda.
You can down load a copy of Seligman contributions to Josephine county here'

Seligman contributions
From today's edition of the Daily Courier: http://www.thedailycourier.com/articles/...ews001.txt

Quote:Josephine County Commissioner Simon Hare will have eight challengers in the May 20 primary election.

In addition to Hare, who is seeking a second term, challengers are: former Commissioner Sandi Cassanelli, Grants Pass City Councilor Mark Gatlin, Nina Horsley of Cave Junction, James H. Rossi of Grants Pass, Mark Seligman of Selma, Jerry Sisson of Cave Junction, Paul Walter of Merlin and Mark Wichers of Cave Junction.

Tuesday was the filing deadline.
(03-12-2014, 04:27 PM)Scrapper Wrote: From today's edition of the Daily Courier: http://www.thedailycourier.com/articles/...ews001.txt

Quote:Josephine County Commissioner Simon Hare will have eight challengers in the May 20 primary election.

In addition to Hare, who is seeking a second term, challengers are: former Commissioner Sandi Cassanelli, Grants Pass City Councilor Mark Gatlin, Nina Horsley of Cave Junction, James H. Rossi of Grants Pass, Mark Seligman of Selma, Jerry Sisson of Cave Junction, Paul Walter of Merlin and Mark Wichers of Cave Junction.

Cassanelli putting her hat back in the ring after having been recalled, it will be interesting to see how many votes she gets.
(03-12-2014, 04:27 PM)Scrapper Wrote: From today's edition of the Daily Courier: http://www.thedailycourier.com/articles/...ews001.txt

go mark wear al rootin for ya.i hope you git a lot a vote.
(03-12-2014, 07:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:

go mark wear al rootin for ya.i hope you git a lot a vote.

Mark Gatlin ?

Wow. A three ring circus coming our way!
(03-13-2014, 08:19 AM)gapper Wrote:

Wow. A three ring circus coming our way!

As if Jo Co weren't already a laughing stock. Rolling Eyes It's going to get worse before it gets better. Dry