Anyone planning on watching the winter olympics?
I usually watch a bit. Not too hung up. But I saw these today:

[Image: -9cdca0b8a998b20f.jpg]

These are the USA Winter Olympic Opening Ceremony Uniform. Uh Oh. In 15 years time we will be looking back and cringing. (well, we are already cringing). What is the fascination with ugly sweaters???
That's pretty obnoxious
I'd have one of the hats.Smiling And the shoes.
I'll watch... some of it.
BTW, that opening ceremony outfit is ridiculous!
(01-24-2014, 08:09 AM)tvguy Wrote: I'd have one of the hats.Smiling And the shoes.

Yeah. But they need to burn those sweaters.
It looks like there is room for a drone or two on the back of the sweater. Ninja
The sweater looks very retro to me. Reminds me of the alpaca sweaters of the 70's, big collar and large buttons. Sometimes it would have a very long belt attached to bulky sweater.
(01-24-2014, 10:02 AM)Jeep Wrote: The sweater looks very retro to me. Reminds me of the alpaca sweaters of the 70's, big collar and large buttons. Sometimes it would have a very long belt attached to bulky sweater.

The cut, yeah. I used to wear that style of sweater myself when I was young. But it didn't scream loud, ugly sweater.
(01-24-2014, 10:05 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(01-24-2014, 10:02 AM)Jeep Wrote: The sweater looks very retro to me. Reminds me of the alpaca sweaters of the 70's, big collar and large buttons. Sometimes it would have a very long belt attached to bulky sweater.

The cut, yeah. I used to wear that style of sweater myself when I was young. But it didn't scream loud, ugly sweater.

Reminiscent of some of those "lovely" Christmas sweaters. Smiling
(01-24-2014, 10:45 AM)kadylady Wrote:
(01-24-2014, 10:05 AM)Tiamat Wrote:

Reminiscent of some of those "lovely" Christmas sweaters. Smiling

Exactly. Nowadays it's the thing to have "Ugly sweater" parties and give them away. (like a white elephant)
I don't want to miss the guys from Trinidad who slide down the hill on those little sleds. Laughing
(01-24-2014, 09:40 AM)Valuesize Wrote: It looks like there is room for a drone or two on the back of the sweater. Ninja

Those will be very good moving targets.
(01-24-2014, 10:26 PM)tornado Wrote:
(01-24-2014, 09:40 AM)Valuesize Wrote: It looks like there is room for a drone or two on the back of the sweater. Ninja

Those will be very good moving targets.

Nice thought.Sad
We learn more about you each day.
(01-24-2014, 10:26 PM)tornado Wrote: Those will be very good moving targets.

I wish you wouldn't quote my post when what you say has nothing to do with it.
Do the Jamaicans have a bob sled team this year?
(01-24-2014, 10:41 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Did I misunderstand?
"Moving targets"?
And "what you say has nothing to do with it". Maybe you could explain what you mean by a moving target. God knows we don't want to make our posts clear here so these kind of things don't pop up. Sad

Or maybe we should just drop it and let other discuss watching the winter games.
(01-25-2014, 09:14 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(01-24-2014, 10:41 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Did I misunderstand?
"Moving targets"?
And "what you say has nothing to do with it". Maybe you could explain what you mean by a moving target. God knows we don't want to make our posts clear here so these kind of things don't pop up. Sad

Or maybe we should just drop it and let other discuss watching the winter games.

I'm confused. I didn't say "moving targets", 190 Torino did. He has a habit of quoting the last post, but commenting on something up-thread.

Yes, lets get back to the topic. Smiling Yes I'll watch. I prefer the summer games but it would be un-American to not watch, would it not?
Is everyone soooo excited for Curling? Oh my... what an exciting Winter Olympic sport! Laughing Laughing Laughing
FYI... this link has a list of all of the Summer and Winter Olympic sports:
http://www.olympic.org/sports