Music
Jesus
[quote pid='398316' dateline='1509816962']
 My taste is somehow not valid because millions of people enjoy French onion soup. I said "it's my loss" because I did not want to be rude or tell you that I simply can't understand how you can enjoy French onion soup. 

Should I be exasperated?  Smiling
[/quote]

Wait.....you don't like french onion soup????   Surprised  That's it, we can't be friends anymore.   Blink
(11-04-2017, 10:38 AM)Juniper Wrote: [quote pid='398316' dateline='1509816962']
 My taste is somehow not valid because millions of people enjoy French onion soup. I said "it's my loss" because I did not want to be rude or tell you that I simply can't understand how you can enjoy French onion soup. 

Wait.....you don't like french onion soup????   Surprised  That's it, we can't be friends anymore.   Blink
[/quote]

I should have know better than to attempt allegory. 

But, I'm more interested in Scrapper's response than yours in that I directed it at her. Most often, Scrapper responds with "two thumps up", "exactly" "True" and other one word offerings. Maybe we can coax a sentence from her.
(11-04-2017, 10:55 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 10:38 AM)Juniper Wrote: [quote pid='398316' dateline='1509816962']

I should have know better than to attempt allegory. 

But, I'm more interested in Scrapper's response than yours in that I directed it at her. Most often, Scrapper responds with "two thumps up", "exactly" "True" and other one word offerings. Maybe we can coax a sentence from her.
[/quote]

I should have known better than to attempt humour. Neutral
Over his pay grade.
(11-04-2017, 11:03 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Over his pay grade.
No the text was not clear and the "smiles" used did not appear to be humorous. 
(But, glad to see you were able to squeeze out a sentence of more than three words)
(11-04-2017, 10:36 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 08:52 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(11-02-2017, 07:45 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: What am I missing here?

[Image: 1370.gif]
Point taken, Scrapper. I think. I'm guessing what you want to suggest here is exasperation. It looks that is what Judge Judy is expressing so I guess you want to pass that along. 
I wonder if you have followed this thread? 
Suppose you encourage me to try French onion soup and I tell you I've tasted it and just don't enjoy the flavor or texture. But, you have said you REALLY enjoy it, and again, want me to try it. 
I don't want to be dismissive and tell you I just think French onion soup is not a bit good, so I acknowledge that your taste is fine and say simply "It's my loss" that I don't enjoy it. I say "it's my loss" because I don't want to suggest that because you like it and I don't, it somehow says something negative about YOUR taste. I want to be courteous. 

Now. Suppose in reply you tell me (again!) "yes, it really is your loss" and you go on to explain in some detail why French onion soup is among the best soups ever made and it's difficult for you to understand what it is about me that keeps me from enjoying the taste and texture of French onion soup. 

At this point I might say, I really don't think continuing the conversation about the soup is going to change anything and I'm feeling like you are trying to tell me that if I don't like the soup there is something about my taste that is haywire and maybe I should eat it often until I learn to enjoy it. It's not the soup after all, it's my inability to learn to enjoy the soup. My taste, that I've expressed several times, does not seem important in the discussion. 

Doesn't matter that I have tasted it and don't enjoy it. My taste is somehow not valid because millions of people enjoy French onion soup. I said "it's my loss" because I did not want to be rude or tell you that I simply can't understand how you can enjoy French onion soup. 

I can explain it to you, but I can't make you understand.  Whatever my reply (or anyone else's for that matter)... you will go into another harangue.  Rolling Eyes  

BTW, unlike you... I do not feel the need to ramble on.  If I agree with another person's post (for instance: "I don't like French Onion Soup."... I can reply with a simple: "Ditto."... I don't need to say: "Ditto.  I don't like French Onion soup either.  I had it once and I really didn't care for it."
(11-04-2017, 11:37 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 11:03 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Over his pay grade.
No the text was not clear and the "smiles" used did not appear to be humorous. 
(But, glad to see you were able to squeeze out a sentence of more than three words)
Actually when I talked about french onion soup, they were quite humourous.  So, now, I gotta ask if you know what humour is?
(11-03-2017, 07:43 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 04:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 04:40 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 02:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 02:02 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: In post 2474 your said:

"Yes your loss indeed. I can't imagine anyone not liking James Taylor's smooth as silk voice that's also pitch perfect."

YOU can't imagine it.

Try.

Wonky saying it's your loss is Not at all the same as me saying you SHOULD like JT.

So F***ing what if I can't imagine people not liking his voice. How in the hell is that offensive to you?
Oh boy. Again.
Maybe it's only perception, I don't know. I do know it's not a ground breaking issue. And still...
See TV, you take from me MY view, my opinion, my feelings, and even judgment of what I like and value. 
How can it be my loss if I don't FEEL the loss of it? Yet, you INSIST it's my loss. Are we just talking semantics here? I made a simple and clear statement and while you get to feel differently about this thing, you don't get to tell me how I feel about it. 
I don't really feel offended. I just again feel frustrated, irritated, and exhausted. I don't want to have to quarrel about every expression I use or the opinions I express that for the most part don't matter very much. 
At the start of this, I only wanted to say you can't tell me how I feel. I don't feel "the loss" of not enjoying James Taylor's talent. 
Seems so simple to me. 
But, we are forever caught in this web. 
I think I'll download some James Taylor tunes and LEARN to like them. 
Anything to settle this.

PS: I quit the damn book I was reading. Historical fiction, it was more tedious than this.  Wink

you don't get to tell me how I feel about it.

And I haven'tWhy do you make a big fucking deal out of everything so often anymore?

Look TV, once and for all: I like you. You are a stand-up guy who worked hard, played by the rules, and loves his dogs. 

But you don't get to make decisions about how other people feel, react, hatch opinions, what they read, listen to, or watch. And you do that. 
Yes! It is a big fucking deal when you do things like that. I get to say what I did about James Taylor and you DON'T get to make conclusions about my feelings regarding him and his talent. You did. Can you see the arrogance in that? Of course I react to it!
So I'm not the one making a big fucking deal out of this. 
I wouldn't even bother, but this has been going on for a long time. I'm entitled to opinions and feelings. I'm NOT entitled to my own facts and you may (and should) call me when I tell lies. 
Let's get over this. It's really trivial, and gets boring.
I'm not the one making a big fucking deal out of this. Laughing Laughing

Yes you are. I CAN say that you are missing out if you don't like a singer or ice cream or having pets or anything.
That's MY opinion. It has nothing whatsoever to do with me telling you what you should or should not do

I'm entitled to opinions and feelings

OMG for the last fucking time I have not said otherwise.
Jesus squared.
And BTW,
it was pretty funny.
So back to the topic, French onion soup Razz

Does anyone actually make soup? Orjust chip dip like I do?
Real French Onion soup I get out . Too much work
Though I love it.
(11-04-2017, 06:13 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Real French Onion soup I get out . Too much work
Though I love it.

OH, I thought it all came in a little box with several packages. Razz
(11-04-2017, 05:17 PM)tvguy Wrote: So back to the topic, French onion soup Razz

Does anyone actually make soup? Orjust chip dip like I do?

I do. I  make lots of soup, but BBQ is right, French Onion soup you want to go out for.  That French Bistro in Ashland had good French Onion Soup.  But they aren't there anymore.
In Jewish households that is standard for brisket.
Real French Onion Soup involves cheese and preparation involved enough that it's a good eating out dish.
(11-04-2017, 06:47 PM)bbqboy Wrote: In Jewish households that is standard for brisket.
Real French Onion Soup involves cheese and preparation involved enough that it's a good eating out dish.

What is standard for brisket?
(11-04-2017, 06:47 PM)bbqboy Wrote: In Jewish households that is standard for brisket.

Getting back to the topic of soup. Razz We went to Ling's in White city a while back and the egg flower soup was to die for.
(11-04-2017, 06:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Getting back to the topic of soup. Razz We went to Ling's in White city a while back and the egg flower soup was to die for.

Was it?  I like egg flower soup. I don't eat out Chinese and find that it's not offered as much anymore and when it is, it's....different somehow.
(11-04-2017, 06:52 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Was it?  I like egg flower soup. I don't eat out Chinese and find that it's not offered as much anymore and when it is, it's....different somehow.
 Yeah It was so good I think I'll stop and get some to go the next time I go by.
My wife said it's because "the uncle" make the egg flower soup. The only one who does. And also the bean soup and others. My wife says people come there all the time just for HIS soup LOL.
(11-04-2017, 06:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 06:52 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Yeah It was so good I think I'll stop and get some to go the next time I go by.
My wife said it's because "the uncle" make the egg flower soup. The only one who does. And also the bean soup and others. My wife says people come there all the time just for HIS soup LOL.

Hmmm, I don't have any clients out that way this year, but next time I'm out there, maybe I'll get some to go.