Music
Everybody Hurts
(04-28-2018, 01:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-28-2018, 08:15 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 11:29 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 07:01 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-26-2018, 08:12 PM)tvguy Wrote: You are right. It matters not how skilled talented gifted or whatever a musician is said to be. What matters is what people like to hear.
Neil's skill with a guitar comes from his brain and not his fingers. Not to mention a magical voice.

When the Harvest album came out I was living in California and my junkie roommate taught me how to play some of those songs. I think Old man might be my favorite NY song but there are so many.

Their roots (Led Zeppelin) is really rhythm and blues.

Oh Jesus another term to describe a band or music Rolling Eyes Yes I know it's not just your opinion. Rhythm and blues is the heart of rock and roll.

Hey!! "The heart of rock and roll"  wouldn't that be a great name for a song? Laughing Razz
Huey Lewis.  Good rock and roll. :Big Grin Not really trying to sub catergorize. I liked Huey, his stuff was really just good ol' rock and roll.  Blues and gospel and blues are the fundamental element of rock and roll.  I'm not sure if I'd call rock and roll African American music. I'd say it's blues and it's rhythm are the origins of rock and roll.  When it was anglicized, so to speak, it became another hybrid.  Rap and hip hop have their roots in the old blues and gospel but they are definitely their own thing. No one could ever call them rock or rock n roll.

I'm not sure if I'd call rock and roll African American music. I'd say it's blues and it's rhythm are the origins of rock and roll. 

I'm probably wrong according to the experts. But these are all just fricking names. IMO Blacks invented Rock and roll.

Anyway  Huey Lewis is OK but not even one of my favorite bands. But his song "the heart of Rock and roll" Is one song that on construction jobs I would never tire of hearing simply because of the beat, the rhythm it's perfect. And for me personally that's what I like.

I think the blues/gospel/jazz influence created rock ' roll myself.  All of which are black. But I still think it is a hybrid of those influences and not entirely a black thing.  BUT it would not exist without those influences.

Yes it's not entirely a black thing because whites have put a spin on it.I get that. Personally I can't see much if any difference in rhythm and blues and Rock and roll. But what do I know.
Today a lot of country music is rock and roll. It's all semantics.

Yes. I like the old Country and Western stuff better.
No axe, shovel.
(05-05-2018, 11:28 AM)Cuzz Wrote: No axe, shovel.

I saw that awhile back and I totally want to make one.
(05-05-2018, 12:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Laughing Laughing You Would!  Laughing Laughing

I'm counting on you. Wink
(05-05-2018, 12:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:

LOL!! I knew it!   Laughing
(08-19-2018, 01:55 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Sounds like trick question.  Fuh you?
(08-19-2018, 02:06 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 01:55 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Sounds like trick question.  Fuh you?
[Image: 39846675_2391374637539210_49226955310225...e=5BF13A4B]
And along those lines:

(08-24-2018, 09:36 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Didn't Steven Tyler just put out a statement asking Trump to stop using Aerosmith music at his events?
Yes.
Commander Drew Feustel is a fellow race fan and posts lots of fun stuff on Twitter. I like his photos of the racetracks from space he posts on race weekend. Have a look at some of his interesting Tweets, the link is down below.  Big Grin

Music video dropped [Image: 1f3a4.png][Image: 1f3b6.png] #FromSpaceWithLove:
#AllAroundTheWorld
Love is all around us & we're all around the World.
#Commander @Astro_Feustel[Image: 2665.png][Image: 1f30f.png][Image: 1f30e.png][Image: 1f30d.png][Image: 1f468-200d-1f680.png][Image: 1f54a.png]

@thehipdotcom, Gord Sinclair
*please note additional credits:

This is a song by The Tragically Hip that Drew (above vid) collaborated with.

(08-24-2018, 09:42 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Didn't Steven Tyler just put out a statement asking Trump to stop using Aerosmith music at his events?

Maybe all he can do is ask? Maybe Tyler sold the rights?
(10-01-2018, 12:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I think the way this stuff works generally (and there are a million exceptions) is that the music is just out there in the public domain. Anyone can use it once.  Then the artist can ask or sue to stop it's use. I may be wrong, but I think I read that somewhere.  And I  have no idea what Aerosmith copyrights are or in whose names.
(10-01-2018, 06:24 PM)Juniper Wrote:

I think the way this stuff works generally (and there are a million exceptions) is that the music is just out there in the public domain. Anyone can use it once.  Then the artist can ask or sue to stop it's use. I may be wrong, but I think I read that somewhere.  And I  have no idea what Aerosmith copyrights are or in whose names.

Didn't Michael Jackson buy the rights to a bunch of Beatles songs and then to the Beatles dismay he sold them?
(10-01-2018, 07:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 06:24 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Didn't Michael Jackson buy the rights to a bunch of Beatles songs and then to the Beatles dismay he sold them?

To Paul's dismay you mean.

99% or so of those Beatles songs are Lennon/McCartney copyrights.  

But MJ's estate sold them to Sony. Remember how they talked about how in debt Jackson was at the time of  his death? That Beatles song catalogue was a big piece of $$.   Paul is slowing gaining his copyrights back song by song as they come out year by year, because he was finally able to come to an agreement with Sony over the rights.  So, counting from like '63 on, he is slowly gaining his share of the copyrights back.  John's rights are different because he's dead. So his rights reverted back much more quickly (literally half the time). Yoko cut a deal huge deal with Sony for John's share of the copyrights.