Aid In Dying…yet again. But more.
Is the shift a shift in attitudes in general? Or is it that more people live longer with less quality?
(02-13-2014, 11:39 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Is the shift a shift in attitudes in general? Or is it that more people live longer with less quality?

Well…

Take a crack at answering your own questions.
(02-14-2014, 07:47 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(02-13-2014, 11:39 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Is the shift a shift in attitudes in general? Or is it that more people live longer with less quality?

Well…

Wonky, you are an enigma. You want people to "discuss" then harangue them when they post on topic. There's no winning with you.
(02-14-2014, 09:57 AM)Tiamat Wrote:

Well…

Wonky, you are an enigma. You want people to "discuss" then harangue them when they post on topic. There's no winning with you.

Well Tia, I thought maybe you actually had a opinion!
Discussion is great stuff. It means we become familiar with whatever the hell it is we are considering and talk about it.
My guess is you didn't bother to read the posted piece starting this Topic. If you did, your read between the lines maybe.

So "harangue" you? Hardly!

Show up Tia after you have some information. Unlike TVG who says he read it and it's "the same old…" Yeah, right.

This author suggests "We" are going to be dying "by our own hands" in ways never before experienced in America. It's a serious thing worthy of some consideration.

So, read it, answer your own questions, and see if maybe others have divergent views. It would actually start a discussion.

"Wonky, you are an enigma". Hell, I'm not bright enough to to have one. On the other hand, this social/political thing does not require one to be a rocket scientist.
Hmmm... so... there's no such thing as a stupid question... unless Wonky is in the room, eh?

Wonky, some times one will ask a question to see what other's are thinking... to further a conversation. Just sayin'...
(02-14-2014, 10:37 AM)Wonky Wrote:

Well…

Discussion is great stuff. It means we become familiar with whatever the hell it is we are considering and talk about it.
My guess is you didn't bother to read the posted piece starting this Topic. If you did, your read between the lines maybe.

Show up Tia after you have some information. Unlike TVG who says he read it and it's "the same old…" Yeah, right.

This author suggests "We" are going to be dying "by our own hands" in ways never before experienced in America. It's a serious thing worthy of some consideration.

So, read it, answer your own questions, and see if maybe others have divergent views. It would actually start a discussion.

"Wonky, you are an enigma". Hell, I'm not bright enough to to have one. On the other hand, this social/political thing does not require one to be a rocket scientist.

Apparently it does require a rocket scientist. You post a topic and NO one has a post you find worthy?

Chuck is too cute, I need to read more and Tia should answer her own questions and you say OL is saying nothing while saying it.

OKBlink
(02-14-2014, 12:34 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Well…

Apparently it does require a rocket scientist. You post a topic and NO one has a post you find worthy?

Chuck is too cute, I need to read more and Tia should answer her own questions and you say OL is saying nothing while saying it.

OKBlink

Read more.
Post less.
(02-14-2014, 02:59 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(02-14-2014, 07:47 AM)Wonky Wrote: Well…

OKBlink

Read more.
Post less.

Lighten up more.

Expect less

You won't have as much to bitch about.

I was watching a TV show I like a lot the other day.One scene was so compelling that I backed up and paused my TV to check it out longer.

It was a man and his wife sitting in awe of their brand new baby. They were sitting in their cabin in Alaska with a beautiful view of the mountains, clouds and forests through a large picture window.
I took it all in for a few seconds on a crystal clear high definition LARGE TV screen. Remembering when I had babies. Remembering how we always wanted to live somewhere as beautiful. Remembering why we moved to Oregon.

I thought to myself. How long would it have taken an author to describe the same thing I saw in a book I was reading?
Why do so many act as if a television is such a horrible thing? I don't think reading is the only path to knowledge. Or that anything is wrong with those who do read. IMO people can read crap books just like they can watch crap TV. I'm not out to impress anyone (obviously) by putting down either one.
But anyway this isn't about why the elderly are killing themselves, more often , more easily or differently than in the past. So just ignore it.
(02-14-2014, 04:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-14-2014, 09:57 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Wonky, you are an enigma. You want people to "discuss" then harangue them when they post on topic. There's no winning with you.

OKBlink

Read more.
Post less.

Lighten up more.

Expect less

I was watching a TV show I like a lot the other day.One scene was so compelling that I backed up and paused my TV to check it out longer.

It was a man and his wife sitting in awe of their brand new baby. They were sitting in their cabin in Alaska with a beautiful view of the mountains, clouds and forests through a large picture window.
I took it all in for a few seconds on a crystal clear high definition LARGE TV screen. Remembering when I had babies. Remembering how we always wanted to live somewhere as beautiful. Remembering why we moved to Oregon.

I thought to myself. How long would it have taken an author to describe the same thing I saw in a book I was reading?
Why do so many act as if a television is such a horrible thing? I don't think reading is the only path to knowledge. Or that anything is wrong with those who do read. IMO people can read crap books just like they can watch crap TV. I'm not out to impress anyone (obviously) by putting down either one.
But anyway this isn't about why the elderly are killing themselves, more often , more easily or differently than in the past. So just ignore it.

Hoping that at least someone else might see this Topic worthy of some chat, I was hesitant to post a quote myself.
But..
"About 3,000 patients a year, from every state, contact the advocacy group Compassion & Choices for advice on legal ways to reduce end-of-life suffering and perhaps hasten their deaths."
We ARE facing new attitudes about "end of life issues" and when you suggested it was simply more "Dr. Death" I knew you had given this about as much thought as most of the comments you jump on so quickly.
I've never attacked your intelligence or your ability to reason. But so very often I see your comments as knee-jerk reactions rather than thoughtful views, and your incesent need to argue EVERY point expressed seems more important to you than any other activity.
This, IMHO, was just another example.
You have often ridiculed me for suggesting this forum could "find that better place", that along with our good social fun and chat we might at times no just POST serious things, but actually engage in dialog, sharing sincere and honest opinions, adding "grist to the mill" as it were.

Whatever.

What changes here is nothing. And maybe that's the way it should be. I have the option of baling out as others before me have, and might save us all a lot of grief by doing so.

It feels a lot like it's getting time to make that decision.

Note: One day it will be noticed that Prospero no longer posts here. That will mark the death knoll of this a any serious place of discussion.
(02-14-2014, 04:50 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(02-14-2014, 04:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-14-2014, 10:37 AM)Wonky Wrote: Well Tia, I thought maybe you actually had a opinion!

OKBlink

Read more.
Post less.

Lighten up more.

Expect less

Hoping that at least someone else might see this Topic worthy of some chat, I was hesitant to post a quote myself.
But..
"About 3,000 patients a year, from every state, contact the advocacy group Compassion & Choices for advice on legal ways to reduce end-of-life suffering and perhaps hasten their deaths."
We ARE facing new attitudes about "end of life issues" and when you suggested it was simply more "Dr. Death" I knew you had given this about as much thought as most of the comments you jump on so quickly.
I've never attacked your intelligence or your ability to reason. But so very often I see your comments as knee-jerk reactions rather than thoughtful views, and your incesent need to argue EVERY point expressed seems more important to you than any other activity.
This, IMHO, was just another example.
You have often ridiculed me for suggesting this forum could "find that better place", that along with our good social fun and chat we might at times no just POST serious things, but actually engage in dialog, sharing sincere and honest opinions, adding "grist to the mill" as it were.

Whatever.

What changes here is nothing. And maybe that's the way it should be. I have the option of baling out as others before me have, and might save us all a lot of grief by doing so.

It feels a lot like it's getting time to make that decision.

Note: One day it will be noticed that Prospero no longer posts here. That will mark the death knoll of this a any serious place of discussion.

All I asked you was what was the new take on the article you posted. You jumped my ass and were insulting. I should have said fuck of then, NOW I will say it FUCK OFF.

There was NOTHING argumentative about what I said. It was genuine question.

If NO ONE here meets your standards then just email back and forth with Prospero. You don't need a forum. Apparently no one is is on YOUR level.

And what the fuck is a "death Knoll" , I guess I would know if I read moreRolling Eyes
I can see that I did not miss anything by leaving the iPad at the condo. Holy crap, the people that complaining about this place being an arena for gladiators are starting some of the negative stuff they say they detest.
(02-14-2014, 05:59 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I can see that I did not miss anything by leaving the iPad at the condo. Holy crap, the people that complaining about this place being an arena for gladiators are starting some of the negative stuff they say they detest.

That negative stuff happens too. (And yeah, TVg, I used the right sounding word but the wrong spelling….shoot me. I'm just a country boy still trying to learn how this stuff works).

And TVg, "Fuck off"?" Really! We are having a pissing match that I think is legit, but holy crap, "Fuck off"!

Yes Clete, you can't leave us for a second. We all come here without invitation, ramble on into the night, and can't accept that we can have Fun and Games and also dedicate some Topics to real exchanges. You know, using sentences and stuff like that. (You do it well by the bye Clete….too bad you are so butt ugly Razz )

But I'm wearing this out, along with about everyone here.
I'll be making a decision about it soon.
Quote:.I'll be making a decision about it so

No need , Just chillSmiling

Well…

Well, Wonky, maybe I do. That's no reason to tell me how to post.
(02-14-2014, 05:59 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I can see that I did not miss anything by leaving the iPad at the condo. Holy crap, the people that complaining about this place being an arena for gladiators are starting some of the negative stuff they say they detest.
[Image: h001702E4]
Quote:This author suggests "We" are going to be dying "by our own hands" in ways never before experienced in America.

In a way that has always been true.

Smoking was a slow form of suicide.

Today, our own bad habits, will most likely be the cause of our down fall in health. We will slowly die from what we ate and did. (or not did)
(02-14-2014, 07:39 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Can't blame me this time! Big Grin
(02-14-2014, 09:36 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(02-14-2014, 07:39 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Can't blame me this time! Big Grin

Nope! Your name starts with "S".Wink
My grandmother passed on her 90th birthday. It was her third bout with cancer, among other problems. We celebrated her birthday in the morning, and the nurse mixed her drugs with pineapple juice in the afternoon. The nurse kept trying to tell her about potential side effects, bitterness, nausea, and pointed out the tray that my grandmother could spit or throw up into, and my grandmother kept basically saying "give me the damned glass".

I miss her. But she was done living. She wanted to go. There was nothing left for her here but pain and suffering.

My stepfather passed away before Oregon's assisted suicide law passed, but he wouldn't have been able to use it. He spent all his time making sure that we would be taken care of, and when the last things were in place and he could rest, we took him off everything but the pain medication. Two days later he passed away. He held on until he knew we would be okay.

Not everyone is so lucky. Some people don't have a chance to say goodbye. Some people's goodbyes drag on for far too long.
(02-14-2014, 11:40 PM)csrowan Wrote: My grandmother passed on her 90th birthday. It was her third bout with cancer, among other problems. We celebrated her birthday in the morning, and the nurse mixed her drugs with pineapple juice in the afternoon. The nurse kept trying to tell her about potential side effects, bitterness, nausea, and pointed out the tray that my grandmother could spit or throw up into, and my grandmother kept basically saying "give me the damned glass".

I miss her. But she was done living. She wanted to go. There was nothing left for her here but pain and suffering.

My stepfather passed away before Oregon's assisted suicide law passed, but he wouldn't have been able to use it. He spent all his time making sure that we would be taken care of, and when the last things were in place and he could rest, we took him off everything but the pain medication. Two days later he passed away. He held on until he knew we would be okay.

Not everyone is so lucky. Some people don't have a chance to say goodbye. Some people's goodbyes drag on for far too long.

I hope to go suddenly and unexpected at 150