Aid In Dying…yet again. But more.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/08/us/eas...ml?hp&_r=0

the more thing change, the more things change.

"We" are changing, population shifts to more elderly, social attitudes, the way wealth is passed on, etc.

You've seen this story before. But maybe not with this take on it

Might be work a read.
Yes, assisted suicide. I've assisted a few. They didn't even know they were terminally ill. It's best if they don't even know it coming.
(02-08-2014, 08:29 AM)chuck white Wrote: Yes, assisted suicide. I've assisted a few. They didn't even know they were terminally ill. It's best if they don't even know it coming.

Okay Chucky Boy, your cute factor has topped out. Laughing
(02-08-2014, 05:41 AM)Wonky Wrote: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/08/us/eas...ml?hp&_r=0

"We" are changing, population shifts to more elderly, social attitudes, the way wealth is passed on, etc.

Might be work a read.

But maybe not with this take on it What "take"?
(02-08-2014, 09:04 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-08-2014, 05:41 AM)Wonky Wrote: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/08/us/eas...ml?hp&_r=0

Might be work a read.

"This take on it"
You figure it out.
Subscribe to a newspaper, watch the PBS Evening News, talk with neighbors, hang out at the "Lil Pantry", and generally try to remember that Nixon is not only out of office but dead as a damn doornail.

YOU figure it out Scrappy.

Might be work a read.

Bob should go with the heroin overdose as his method of suicide. It's getting quite popular.
(02-08-2014, 09:12 AM)Wonky Wrote:

Might be work a read.

"This take on it"
You figure it out.
Subscribe to a newspaper, watch the PBS Evening News, talk with neighbors, hang out at the "Lil Pantry", and generally try to remember that Nixon is not only out of office but dead as a damn doornail.

It's old news Wonky I see nothing in this article that I haven't seen before a hundred times. Sorry just wondered what you thought was "their take on it".
Never mind, silly me I thought this was a discussion forum, read the article and wondered what you thought about it that I may have missed.
(02-08-2014, 09:48 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Might be work a read.

"This take on it"
You figure it out.

It's old news Wonky I see nothing in this article that I haven't seen before a hundred times. Sorry just wondered what you thought was "their take on it".
Never mind, silly me I thought this was a discussion forum, read the article and wondered what you thought about it that I may have missed.

It isn't wonkys fault tv. He either hasn't had his second nap, or the ten cups of coffee and five cigarettes have finally kicked in and he's posting from the shitter. Either way he started here early this morning.
(02-08-2014, 09:55 AM)orygunluvr Wrote:

Might be work a read.

"This take on it"
You figure it out.

It isn't wonkys fault tv. He either hasn't had his second nap, or the ten cups of coffee and five cigarettes have finally kicked in and he's posting from the shitter. Either way he started here early this morning.

As usual, saying nothing while saying it.

Might be work a read.

"This take on it"
You figure it out.

I'm too damned lazy to take you point by point through that article TVg.

This is a current piece by a pretty fine writer in one of the worlds best (still published) papers, and I doubt it's a filler piece put in there to make sure the page didn't have hole it.

You didn't find anything you haven't seen before? What HAVE you seen before? Most of what you read is free stuff on the Net, so factor that in. They tell us it's a 27/7 news cycle and they may have a point. Attitudes about social stuff changes very quickly these days.

And don't get your feathers all rustled up a consider this some kind of "personal" thing. It's a simple fact: The only thing to which you subscribe is the Farm Journal and only then to look at the photo's of the naked cows.

So shut up and deal.
(02-08-2014, 10:22 AM)Wonky Wrote:

Might be work a read.

"This take on it"
You figure it out.

This is a current piece by a pretty fine writer in one of the worlds best (still published) papers, and I doubt it's a filler piece put in there to make sure the page didn't have hole it.

You didn't find anything you haven't seen before? What HAVE you seen before? Most of what you read is free stuff on the Net, so factor that in. They tell us it's a 27/7 news cycle and they may have a point. Attitudes about social stuff changes very quickly these days.

And don't get your feathers all rustled up a consider this some kind of "personal" thing. It's a simple fact: The only thing to which you subscribe is the Farm Journal and only then to look at the photo's of the naked cows.

So shut up and deal.
Quote:What HAVE you seen before?

Every single thing that was in the article you posted. Same shit different day ever since old Jack Kevorkian made it the news.
(02-08-2014, 10:31 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-08-2014, 10:22 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(02-08-2014, 09:04 AM)tvguy Wrote: But maybe not with this take on it What "take"?

"This take on it"
You figure it out.

So shut up and deal.
Quote:What HAVE you seen before?

Every single thing that was in the article you posted. Same shit different day ever since old Jack Kevorkian made it the news.

Yeah, well the reason Kevorkian WAS news is that it didn't happen every day all over the country. Notice THAT little change?
Whatever. I don't have time to argue: I have to go feed my alligator. I named him after you. Razz
What argument. I asked a question you couldn't answer.

But thanks for the inspiration. I think I know how to make some extra cash.
I'll hang out somewhere where old folks hang. Like the Grange Co-op with a cardboard sign that says...

Will Cap a geezer for 20 bucks!! Two for $35
(02-08-2014, 10:44 AM)Wonky Wrote: Yeah, well the reason Kevorkian WAS news is that it didn't happen every day all over the country. Notice THAT little change?

Yeah it has been happening every day all over the country for a long time. it's called turning up the morphine drip. That's what they did to my BIL. It was done by his daughter who works in the hospice field.
They don't make it a big news but they end the suffering quietly all the time and most often family and friends don't know or care.
Maybe wonky is reaching out to you tv. He knows you're a heartless bastard. 35 bucks is cheap, and affordable for someone on social security.
(02-08-2014, 11:56 AM)orygunluvr Wrote: Maybe wonky is reaching out to you tv. He knows you're a heartless bastard. 35 bucks is cheap, and affordable for someone on social security.

Laughing
Maybe Wonky wants to debate the issue, I mean to discuss it again. I'm always up for starting something. Although, I might feel a little guilty about it since you all seem to be almost getting along. Smiling

Wanna guess who is against helping suffering terminally ill people end their suffering?
Be not over much wicked, neither be thou foolish: why shouldest thou die before thy time?
(02-08-2014, 12:44 PM)Scar Wrote: Be not over much wicked, neither be thou foolish: why shouldest thou die before thy time?

You can be wicked, and you can be much wicked, But be not over much wicked.
(02-08-2014, 12:17 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Maybe Wonky wants to debate the issue, I mean to discuss it again. I'm always up for starting something. Although, I might feel a little guilty about it since you all seem to be almost getting along. Smiling

Wanna guess who is against helping suffering terminally ill people end their suffering?

What's to debate. Some is for it some is agin it. And OK I'll guess... bible thumping pubs?