Where's The race Baiters?????
(02-11-2014, 12:11 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(02-11-2014, 12:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-11-2014, 10:30 AM)Wonky Wrote: Why are we bothering?

This guy has proven over the years what he is. He'd make the KKK look like a NAACP field office.

This is the kind of crap that will sink the place. Let's stop arguing points with the likes of him and only respond to say, THIS MUCH AND NO MORE!

And yet you responded TWICE? So I see how it works. YOU decide OL is unworthy and racist and his posts will somehow destroy the forum?

Horse shit. Even if he is a racist that's an opinion he has a right to have.

But Leonard had no right to his opinions.

Stop, he never gave his opinions.
(02-11-2014, 03:55 PM)Wonky Wrote:

This guy has proven over the years what he is. He'd make the KKK look like a NAACP field office.

This is the kind of crap that will sink the place. Let's stop arguing points with the likes of him and only respond to say, THIS MUCH AND NO MORE!

And yet you responded TWICE? So I see how it works. YOU decide OL is unworthy and racist and his posts will somehow destroy the forum?

" Even if he is a racist that's an opinion he has a right to have."

You truly believe that or are you once again just blowing smoke out of your ass?
You are suggesting the because he has the "right" he has the platform to spew his hate. And like so many racists, he won't even be overt, but sneaks in his innuendo and veiled filth.

Of course I responded. I don't want this place to be THAT KIND OF PLACE. I'm not here suggesting we continue to tip-toe around the stupid subject, but ALL agree to condemn it and move on.

And move on I will.

YES I do believe that even someone who is a full blown racist has a right to think that way. Silly me I thought that's what our country was all about? Shouldn't our forum welcome ANY and all views?

But that's not even the point. The REAL point isn't that OL is a racist or isn't. It's that YOU simply decided he was.
You can have that opinion, The truth is that I used to think the same about OL.

But you went beyond that and you are calling for all to shun OL based on what YOU think he's about. You are claiming he will sink this place. I say that's horse hockey. OL has been here for YEARS. Funny I don't see any water seeping in to this boat.

You can shun me too because I happen to agree that too many people want to jump all over any news article that shows a prejudice white. But when the opposite happens.. and it does VERY often then it's whites fault blacks act that way.
Hell it's not even the blacks fault that they stuff our prisons full. Just ask any of these ultra libs.
It's white people unjustly targeting blacks.

It's white people giving them longer sentences.

You name it , there's always an EXCUSE. And then these same people will turn around and complain about how many are incarcerated in THIS country compared to others. OR how many are killed with guns in this country.

But good luck trying to explain those numbers are directly related to blacks and Hispanics.If you do, YOU ARE A RACIST.
(02-11-2014, 11:55 AM)tvguy Wrote: Wow. I guess Wonky told you huh OL.

I don't see the problem with OL's post. I think the Zimmerman case was an excellent example how people so quickly get all bent out of shape and up in arms. When it appears like a racial injustice is done to a black by a white.

It's human nature to want to stand up for these horrible injustices to presumably make up for all the past injustices whites committed towards blacks.

I think OL's point is that too many people go after the sensationalized hyped up by the media new stories and overlook what happens every freaking day.

I see the same thing happening regarding gun violence. A mass shooting occurs and suddenly everyone wants to ban GUNS.
Never mind the fact that kids are killed all the time in our inner cities mostly by those same minorities that so many believe are innocent and fill our prisons only because our cops profile them Rolling Eyes

You're right on about the media, and that's a big problem. The media exist to hype things as much as possible, and to tell us what we want to hear. They hold up the mirror to us, and it's up to us to decide if the mirror is true, or just one of the funhouse kind.

Seems to me OL was not complaining about racism, but about the people who complain about racism in only a limited context, i.e. white vs black. We have great variety in the terms of disrespect that we discharge in all directions. I could take umbrage at his use of the term "libbies" in what seems to be an uncomplimentary context. As a card-carrying liberal, I am deeply hurt by any attempt to disparage my sanctity.Cool
I though about the point of this thread and the best I can figure is that someone doesn't know who to despise more Mexicans or blacks. Right now I guess it's the Mexican gang bangers in Los Angles who apparently are not being exposed as the racists they are. Secondly, I guess it is why does the main stream media always focuses on white racists. You gotta love the were not the only ones angle. Laughing
(02-11-2014, 03:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-11-2014, 02:15 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(02-11-2014, 12:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-11-2014, 12:01 PM)tvguy Wrote: And yet you responded TWICE? So I see how it works. YOU decide OL is unworthy and racist and his posts will somehow destroy the forum?

I've never said that. He had no right to spread his hate towards this great country unchallenged.

So... it's only okay to have an opinion... and share that opinion... if it agrees with your opinion? Like the racists are posting? That's okay? I see. Eyebrows I get it. Yep.

I doubt there is much at all that you get. I've never said Osama didn't have a right to trash America at any chance he could get. But there are some who think I'm not allowed to challenge him.
And there are some cry baby whiners who can't stop bitching because the forum aint fair cuz big bad TVguy is still here.Laughing

Good God girl get over it.

You're still here? Geez!Rolling Eyes
(02-19-2014, 09:03 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(02-11-2014, 12:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-11-2014, 12:11 PM)Scrapper Wrote: But Leonard had no right to his opinions.

I've never said that. He had no right to spread his hate towards this great country unchallenged.

So... it's only okay to have an opinion... and share that opinion... if it agrees with your opinion? Like the racists are posting? That's okay? I see. Eyebrows I get it. Yep.

I doubt there is much at all that you get. I've never said Osama didn't have a right to trash America at any chance he could get. But there are some who think I'm not allowed to challenge him.
And there are some cry baby whiners who can't stop bitching because the forum aint fair cuz big bad TVguy is still here.Laughing

Care to elaborate?
(02-19-2014, 09:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-19-2014, 09:03 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(02-11-2014, 12:20 PM)tvguy Wrote: I've never said that. He had no right to spread his hate towards this great country unchallenged.

Care to elaborate?

Just commenting.Wink
For OL and TVguy. Don't say I never participate in your discussions on racial issues again.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-fe...njustified
(02-24-2014, 08:16 AM)cletus1 Wrote: For OL and TVguy. Don't say I never participate in your discussions on racial issues again.

Jon Stewart. Pretending to be a news anchor.

There is serious disconnect between cultures in our country, and I don't think stuff like The Daily Show helps.

The "shooter" is guilty of SOMETHING! A young man is dead. But the sadness is even more painful because this "disconnect" prevents any meaningful dialog between these very different people and all too often the result is someone getting shot.

Someone with real "cred" needs to start a national dialog about ways to improve on this "disconnect".
(02-11-2014, 03:59 PM)BeerMe Wrote:

Stop, he never gave his opinions.

Opinions, at least opinions that disagree with the tolerant and open minded progressives are under attack by same. Here's an example:

Quote:Harvard writer: Free speech threatens liberalism and must be destroyed

If this Harvard University student got her way, free speech on campus would be abolished and professors with dissenting views fired, because radical leftism is the only permissible political philosophy and the First Amendment is a barrier preventing modern colleges from fulfilling their proper role as indoctrination camps.

Her name is Sandra Korn. She is a senior at Harvard and columnist for the Harvard Crimson.

In a recent column, Korn unambiguously insisted that the university should stop guaranteeing professors and students the right to hold controversial views and pursue research that challenges liberalism.

“If our university community opposes racism, sexism, and heterosexism, why should we put up with research that counters our goals?” asked Korn in her column.

The column’s subtitle was even more direct: “Let’s give up on academic freedom in favor of justice.”

Korn cited several instances of perspectives that clashed with her own being banned from campus as triumphant examples of the way Harvard should be run. The firing of Subramanian Swamy, a Harvard summer school instructor who was dismissed for his anti-Islamic views, was one such triumph.

She also invoked the academic boycott of Israel — something condemned by Harvard President Drew Faust and numerous other university presidents — as an example of the kind of tactics leftists should defend and use in order to get their way on campus.

Korn did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Her sharp rejection of intellectual freedom — a value enshrined by U.S. law and central to the success of American institutions of higher learning — is common among left-wing activists at elite colleges. Last week, Erin Ching, a sophomore at Swarthmore College, took a similar view when she criticized her university for committing the unforgivable crime of allowing a conservative — Christian thinker Robert George — to speak on campus.

“What really bothered me is, the whole idea is that at a liberal arts college, we need to be hearing a diversity of opinion,” she said, according to the Daily Gazette. “I don’t think we should be tolerating [George’s] conservative views because that dominant culture embeds these deep inequalities in our society.”

George, a Swarthmore alumnus, came to campus to debate Cornell West.

Pro-life students at the University of Alabama were victims of a similar belief that conservative views should not be publicly espoused on campus. (RELATED: U. of Alabama censors pro-life students for ‘offensive’ poster)

And at McGill University in Montreal, Canada, merely emailing an inoffensive .gif of President Barack Obama kicking a door triggers an investigation. The perpetrator was forced to apologize for committing a racial insensitivity.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/23/harvar...z2uGDWFg2K
(02-24-2014, 09:54 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(02-24-2014, 08:16 AM)cletus1 Wrote: For OL and TVguy. Don't say I never participate in your discussions on racial issues again.

There is serious disconnect between cultures in our country, and I don't think stuff like The Daily Show helps.

The "shooter" is guilty of SOMETHING! A young man is dead. But the sadness is even more painful because this "disconnect" prevents any meaningful dialog between these very different people and all too often the result is someone getting shot.

Someone with real "cred" needs to start a national dialog about ways to improve on this "disconnect".

At least Stewart and Colbert freely admit that they are comedians putting on an act, pretending to be news anchors.

The funny (and sad) thing is how frequently they expose the real "news anchors" for massive bias, fraud, or simply missing the real story. And not just the ones at Fox.

Maybe we could do with a few more comedians sitting behind news desks.
(02-24-2014, 10:21 AM)csrowan Wrote:
(02-24-2014, 09:54 AM)Wonky Wrote:

At least Stewart and Colbert freely admit that they are comedians putting on an act, pretending to be news anchors.

The funny (and sad) thing is how frequently they expose the real "news anchors" for massive bias, fraud, or simply missing the real story. And not just the ones at Fox.

Maybe we could do with a few more comedians sitting behind news desks.

Ar just have the ones who already are admit it. Hannity is hilarious.

That's painfully slow and not really that funny. At least to me since I haven't yet read about this event. And it started with Stewart claiming Martin instigated a fight with Zimmerman.
Really" so it's OK to lie in wait and attack someone who you think is following you? and when you do you are not the one instigatingBlink a fight??

And then it went on to Stewart saying "Rap crap" is a racial comment. Whatever.