Ralph Waite
(02-14-2014, 03:13 PM)tealeaf Wrote:
(02-14-2014, 02:42 PM)tvguy Wrote: I get it, aint no thang. My F bomb was about stupid facebook. It's taking over the world like the "blob".

Yes, well....I like it (FB) 'cuz I got to know my family in Australia. & I got to know some family in France better.
The Australia folks are the reason I first signed up, but now I stay in contact with all of my very large family on there. It's handy.
A few friends, too Smiling

The reason you do Facebook is the reason I don't. I don't want anyone from my past to find me. If I wanted that, I would have called them at least once. Big Grin

I don't care who my ancestors are either so I have no interest in genealogy. I assume my 9x great grandfather was like Ward Bond from the TV show Wagon Train. Works for me. Smiling
(02-15-2014, 07:29 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(02-14-2014, 03:13 PM)tealeaf Wrote: Yes, well....I like it (FB) 'cuz I got to know my family in Australia. & I got to know some family in France better.
The Australia folks are the reason I first signed up, but now I stay in contact with all of my very large family on there. It's handy.

The reason you do Facebook is the reason I don't. I don't want anyone from my past to find me. If I wanted that, I would have called them at least once. Big Grin

I don't care who my ancestors are either so I have no interest in genealogy. I assume my 9x great grandfather was like Ward Bond from the TV show Wagon Train. Works for me. Smiling

Geneology is fun and fascinating. If your family is interesting, anyway Big Grin
I have Vikings in my family history. Still have some distant family in Denmark. There was an archeological dig on his property many years ago. Viking burial mound.

My great great gramma used to be rocked by Jesse James when she was a baby, and my husband is a direct descendant of Jesse James. Thats his moms maiden name. Smiling
I've always liked that little connection to our families' pasts. Smiling
We've been married for 33 years and lived 2000 miles apart growing up.
(02-15-2014, 07:55 AM)tealeaf Wrote:
(02-15-2014, 07:29 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(02-14-2014, 03:13 PM)tealeaf Wrote: Yes, well....I like it (FB) 'cuz I got to know my family in Australia. & I got to know some family in France better.

Geneology is fun and fascinating. If your family is interesting, anyway Big Grin
I have Vikings in my family history. Still have some distant family in Denmark. There was an archeological dig on his property many years ago. Viking burial mound.

My great great gramma used to be rocked by Jesse James when she was a baby, and my husband is a direct descendant of Jesse James. Thats his moms maiden name. Smiling
I've always liked that little connection to our families' pasts. Smiling
We've been married for 33 years and lived 2000 miles apart growing up.

OK, that is an interesting family genealogy. Did you use one of the online sites to do your research?
Actually all of that is family knowledge. With documentation. But my mother has searched our family history through the geneological library in Salt Lake City. She used to live near there. All the way back to what ship some of our ancestors came here in, in the 1600's. and further.
My hubby's James history has been researched and verified by many of their family members. He also has possible ties to some members of the Donner Party, on his dad's side.
The land in Denmark has been owned for many generations, I guess. I got to know my great great aunt before she died. she was 95, in 1967. I was 6. She and her brother (grampa Pete) moved to this country when they were children.
Some of my family were pioneers.
I love history. And it's even better when you find out yours is really interesting.

I have a cousin that continues, and verifies everything. He uses the internet, but not sure which sites. He has verified many things. The rocking my gggramma one is family lore that cannot be proven, but the time and location, in regards to the James brothers has been verified. My mom has a little wood case with dice that belonged to JJ. A couple have been lost over the years Sad They're tiny dice.