Hey Dave, Calm Down Dude
Maybe he slipped back into some old habits? Probably lucky he wasn't shot and at least now he has enough "dough" to get help and maybe keep him from a lot of jail time.

Dave Dahl, co-founder of Milwaukie-based Dave's Killer Bread, was arrested late Thursday night after a disturbance in Cedar Hills that led to a police chase that injured three Washington County Sheriff's deputies.

Deputies responded to a residence in the 2400-block of Southwest Timberline Drive around 10 p.m, called by a woman who reported that her friend, 50-year-old David James Dahl from Milwaukie, was acting erratically, said Sgt. David Thompson, a Washington County Sheriff spokesperson.

When officers arrived, the man was driving off in a black Cadillac Escalade and allegedly rammed one of their squad cars head on, disabling it. Then the Escalade fled with another patrol car in pursuit.

Much more here: http://www.oregonlive.com/washingtoncoun...s_kil.html
That's some pretty good bread.
Awe man! Come on, Dave! Love his bread but not his choices.

"He's Toast"
"This is going to cost him a lot of dough"
Sounds to me he was just trying to get a rise out of people.
Maybe he thought he kneaded some publicity.
The lines between brilliant and deranged are squiggly.
He's gonna launch a new loaf, Daves po po rammin' bread
(11-15-2013, 08:51 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Maybe he slipped back into some old habits?

I think that is sort of an ugly summary for what increasingly is looking like a mental health breakdown. In other Oregonian stories on this (in no particular order) it's been revealed he'd been off his medication, he showed up at the bread plant and smashed a life size cardboard cutout of himself because "he's a symbol of the brand", and according to witness reports also was having a mental breakdown.

It should be noted that Dave's bread also hires about 30% former prisoners (of about 280 employees, I think I read), and the founder is active in speaking to prisons about helping people change their lives around and also with a Portland non profit that serves ex prisoners.

It seems just a little too easy to speculate that Dave has simply slipped back into some bad habits, and I'm not sure I like the inference to that, either.

[Image: -07883ea9c9c3f0d7.JPG]
If his "mental health issues" are not brought on by drugs and alcohol I'll certainly retract my question. I watched the CEO's statement on TV and perhaps read his body language incorrectly as I saw disappointment rather than concern.
The CEO was brought in in December, when Dave sold half interest to outside investors, with the idea that would propel the company to the big time. I can well imagine their concerns are financial in nature, rather than any genuine concern for Dave himself.

(If they're smart they'll come out with a new product like Daves Mental Breakdown Munch or some such.) Laughing
Whatever the cause, I wish him well and hope he can once again thrive. Smiling
For some reason, in reading this guys story, I feel an affinity. Without ever having been to prison, of course. Smiling
Quote:The founder of Dave’s Killer Bread faces 14 new criminal charges stemming from an incident with police in November 2013.

Dave Dahl’s charges include assault, unlawful use of a weapon and resisting arrest.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Bread-com...49621.html
Such a bummer.Sad