What do you do if your pharmacist is shorting you?
(02-28-2014, 08:09 AM)tealeaf Wrote:
(02-28-2014, 04:58 AM)blondemom Wrote: I would be calling around and changing pharmacies. You should not be made to feel that way at all. That is so wrong.

And, be sure and inform store management as to why. Not just the pharmacy.
We have used BiMart for years. For controlled drugs, and not. We've never had a problem, at all.
One of the workers is stealing your pain meds and pretending you are the drugie when its actually her. I would have told the pharmacist confidentially and help him set up a sting. Now you tipped her off. Damn!
(02-28-2014, 08:28 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(02-28-2014, 04:58 AM)blondemom Wrote: I would be calling around and changing pharmacies. You should not be made to feel that way at all. That is so wrong.

We have used BiMart for years. For controlled drugs, and not. We've never had a problem, at all.
One of the workers is stealing your pain meds and pretending you are the drugie when its actually her. I would have told the pharmacist confidentially and help him set up a sting. Now you tipped her off. Damn!

I'll probably move next door to the Safeway. Not all pharmacists take my insurance. And not all pharmacies are forumularies.
(03-01-2014, 10:21 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

I'll probably move next door to the Safeway. Not all pharmacists take my insurance. And not all pharmacies are forumularies.

What's a forumulary? Never mind, I looked it up on Wikipedia. Oh and it has nothing to do with a forum. I learned something new today. That has happened to me several times in the past week just by reading the RVF. This place rocks.

From Wikipedia:
In the US, where a system of private healthcare is in place, a formulary is a list of prescription drugs available to enrollees, and a tiered formulary provide financial incentives for patients to select lower-cost drugs. For example, under a 3-tier formulary, the first tier typically includes generic drugs with the lowest cost sharing (e.g., 10% coinsurance), the second includes preferred brand-name drugs with higher cost sharing (e.g., 25%), and the third includes non-preferred brand-name drugs with the highest cost-sharing (e.g., 40%).[2]

When used appropriately, formularies can help manage drug costs imposed on the insurance policy.[2] However, for drugs that are not on formulary, patients must pay a larger percentage of the cost of the drug, sometimes 100%. Formularies vary between drug plans and differ in the breadth of drugs covered and costs of co-pay and premiums. Most formularies cover at least one drug in each drug class, and encourage generic substitution (also known as a preferred drug list).[3]
(03-01-2014, 10:21 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

I know you do not want to change to wal-mart ( and you really shouldn't since you don't want to) but I would start calling around or call the plan administrator and find out who is on the list for for providers for you. Also did you see this list
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ten-retail...816630.htm

Yes walmart is on the list, and yes all the drug stores chains are on the list. But I know if one of the store tick me off I can go to different one. And I have done that.
Tia did you see where CVS is being investigated for missing drugs?
(03-12-2014, 03:58 AM)blondemom Wrote: Tia did you see where CVS is being investigated for missing drugs?

Really? No I didn't.

That's true. I hadn't really thought of that. But the pharmacist didn't seem to interested in creating a sting. I have no proof who the culprit was. Could have been the pharmacist.
(03-12-2014, 08:16 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(03-12-2014, 03:58 AM)blondemom Wrote: Tia did you see where CVS is being investigated for missing drugs?

Really? No I didn't.

http://www.mercurynews.com/california/ci...sing-drugs
(03-12-2014, 09:31 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

Really? No I didn't.

Maybe Rush Limbaugh has them.
(03-12-2014, 11:13 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Really? No I didn't.

Nah. Rush has ethical reasons. He has pain. I wonder how many pills were sent to him?
(03-13-2014, 08:20 AM)Tiamat Wrote:

Really? No I didn't.

Nah. Rush has ethical reasons. He has pain. I wonder how many pills were sent to him?

Ethical my ass. The hypocrite was addicted and popping pain pills like candy and talking about how drug users should be "sent up".

Prosecutors explained that the charges were brought after they discovered he received about 2,000 painkillers, prescribed by four doctors in six months, at a pharmacy near his Palm Beach mansion. In 2009, after 3 years of prolonged discussion regarding a settlement, prosecutors agreed to drop the charge if Limbaugh paid $30,000 to defray the cost of the investigation, completed an 18-month therapy regimen with his physician, submitted to random drug testing, and gave up his right to own a firearm for eighteen months.[139] Limbaugh agreed to the settlement, though he continued to maintain his innocence of doctor shopping and asserted that the state's offer resulted from a lack of evidence supporting the charge.[140]

Before his addiction became known, Limbaugh had condemned illegal drug use on his television program, stating that "Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country... And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up."[141][142]
(03-13-2014, 09:20 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-12-2014, 08:16 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Really? No I didn't.

Ethical my ass. The hypocrite was addicted and popping pain pills like candy and talking about how drug users should be "sent up".

Prosecutors explained that the charges were brought after they discovered he received about 2,000 painkillers, prescribed by four doctors in six months, at a pharmacy near his Palm Beach mansion. In 2009, after 3 years of prolonged discussion regarding a settlement, prosecutors agreed to drop the charge if Limbaugh paid $30,000 to defray the cost of the investigation, completed an 18-month therapy regimen with his physician, submitted to random drug testing, and gave up his right to own a firearm for eighteen months.[139] Limbaugh agreed to the settlement, though he continued to maintain his innocence of doctor shopping and asserted that the state's offer resulted from a lack of evidence supporting the charge.[140]

Before his addiction became known, Limbaugh had condemned illegal drug use on his television program, stating that "Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country... And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up."[141][142]

You realize I was being sarcastic. Right?
(03-13-2014, 07:39 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(03-13-2014, 09:20 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-12-2014, 09:31 AM)Scrapper Wrote: http://www.mercurynews.com/california/ci...sing-drugs

You realize I was being sarcastic. Right?

That's a negativeLaughing