Right brain or left brain?
(02-26-2014, 07:29 PM)csrowan Wrote: Of course, the concept of being "left brained" or "right brained" is one that some argue is misconception and misunderstandings of how brains actually work.

http://www.livescience.com/39373-left-br...-myth.html

I agree 100%, The brain has always been a mystery to man. We have only began to have the tools to study it.
You can be left or right handed. Some people are right eye dominant and some are left eye dominant....

Ahh..forget that. Just look at a brain, there's obviously a left and right just like we have left and right butt cheeks. Do I have to explain this stuff?
(02-26-2014, 08:44 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(02-26-2014, 07:29 PM)csrowan Wrote: Of course, the concept of being "left brained" or "right brained" is one that some argue is misconception and misunderstandings of how brains actually work.

I agree 100%, The brain has always been a mystery to man. We have only began to have the tools to study it.

Boys neurologist has studied the brain, taught about the brain, and operated on the brain for over 40 years and he says we will never know much about it.
(02-26-2014, 09:02 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(02-26-2014, 08:44 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Boys neurologist has studied the brain, taught about the brain, and operated on the brain for over 40 years and he says we will never know much about it.

It appears to have quantum physical properties, but we can build a bigger brain to figure it out for us.
(02-26-2014, 08:59 PM)tvguy Wrote: You can be left or right handed. Some people are right eye dominant and some are left eye dominant....

Ahh..forget that. Just look at a brain, there's obviously a left and right just like we have left and right butt cheeks. Do I have to explain this stuff?

I'm right handed but left eye dominant, which I discovered at a gun safety class.
Oh yeah.....and sometimes I do things "ass backward". Smiling
I'm a leftie, and left-eye dominant, which is normally fine, but I learned archery with my stepfather's right-handed bow. That actually made sense to me, mostly—aim with your dominant hand outstretched in front of you. Unfortunately, I never got the hang of closing my dominant eye to sight along the arrow.
(02-27-2014, 10:03 AM)csrowan Wrote: I'm a leftie, and left-eye dominant, which is normally fine, but I learned archery with my stepfather's right-handed bow. That actually made sense to me, mostly—aim with your dominant hand outstretched in front of you. Unfortunately, I never got the hang of closing my dominant eye to sight along the arrow.
I couldn't figure it out......so I bought a shotgun!
(02-27-2014, 10:03 AM)csrowan Wrote: I'm a leftie, and left-eye dominant, which is normally fine, but I learned archery with my stepfather's right-handed bow. That actually made sense to me, mostly—aim with your dominant hand outstretched in front of you. Unfortunately, I never got the hang of closing my dominant eye to sight along the arrow.

I never got the hang of closing my dominant eye to sight along the arrow.

I don't know how you possibly could get the hang of closing your dominant eye and aiming with the other. That sounds impossible. I think in your case you should or should have learned to shoot left handed.
It's not hard to do, I can shoot either way and I'm not ambidextrous.
I tried a left handed bow, but it just felt wrong. And that was before I had done much shooting. It wasn't even engrained in my muscle memory.

I suppose I could try again, but it doesn't matter much to me. I only shot it for fun. So what if I don't get good groupings? I can still hit the target pretty well. I would take rubber tipped arrows and hit water-filled milk jugs with my stepfather's old recurve.
(02-27-2014, 12:27 PM)csrowan Wrote: I tried a left handed bow, but it just felt wrong. And that was before I had done much shooting. It wasn't even engrained in my muscle memory.

I suppose I could try again, but it doesn't matter much to me. I only shot it for fun. So what if I don't get good groupings? I can still hit the target pretty well. I would take rubber tipped arrows and hit water-filled milk jugs with my stepfather's old recurve.

I only shoot for fun too. I learned to shoot left handed when I was a kid for some reason. I didn't know it until way later and then I learned to shoot right handed. I use fishing reels left handed alsoConfused It just seems like opposed to other things, like throwing a ball that it would be easier to learn to shoot a bow with the wrong hand.
53% Right, 47% Left