The Perfect Role Model for your kids?
So who would you pick? Who would you want your children to emulate?

JFK? Not for me. Drug addict and serial adulterer. Being assassinated actually probably saved his reputation. We were lucky The Soviet Union blinked.

MLK? Getting closer. Still a flawed man with his affairs. He would be at the top of my list except for that.

Mandela. Nope. Flaws too many to list. He did get S. Africa on the right track though.

Rosa Parks. Might be a good candidate but other than her stand on the bus I don't know that much about her.

Gloria Stienem? Ha. No.

Magic Johnson. Could keep his pants zipped up and he's paying for it. He had great potential with his great personality and big smile. but they ultimately were also his undoing.

President GW Bush? Close, but no cigar.

My top four in no particular order:

Tim Tebow & Russel Wilson. Both good Godly men. We need more like them in sports. Couldn't go wrong with either.

Mother Teresa. Dedicated her life to helping the less fortunate

Dr. Ben Carson. Raised in near poverty by a single mother to become one the best, if not the best brain surgeon ever. He epitomizes what determination and hard work can do.

How about the president? Who does he think would be the perfect role model for his children? Answer: Beyoncé

Quote:"To J and B, thank you so much for your friendship. Beyoncé could not be a better role model for my girls" Barack Obama 9-18-12

After he sees her latest music video and hears the lyrics to her latest song "Partition" I wonder if he will reconsider?

Quote:Driver roll up the partition please/ I don't need you seeing Yonce on her knees ...
Oh he so horny, yeah he want to fuck
He popped all my buttons, and he ripped my blouse
He Monica Lewinsky-ed all on my gown

I just wanna be the girl you like, the girl you like
(02-27-2014, 04:17 PM)SFLiberal Wrote: "To J and B, thank you so much for your friendship. Beyoncé could not be a better role model for my girls" Barack Obama 9-18-12

Quote:Beyonce Surprises Fans With Secret New Album!
Pop superstar unveils self-titled "visual album" featuring appearances from Jay Z and Drake, plus videos for each song
December 13, 2013

http://www.fuse.tv/2013/12/beyonce-new-album

I wonder what it's like to have nothing better to do with one's day than dig up old dirt on people that have actually made something of their lives.

I suppose you would look to Ted Nugent to be "The Perfect Role Model for your kids?".
Steve Irwin

Pat Tillman

Al Gore
In the musician world, I always thought that Gwen Stefani would make a great role model for young girls.
My stepfather. Not that I'm having kids.
(02-27-2014, 05:34 PM)csrowan Wrote: My stepfather. Not that I'm having kids.

That's a nice tribute.
Jackie Robinson

My Dad

Myself
(02-27-2014, 05:35 PM)kadylady Wrote:

That's a nice tribute.

He was a wonderful man. Some of the people who came to his memorial service only knew him from riding the city bus with him every morning. He made that much of an impact on their lives.
(02-27-2014, 05:40 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(02-27-2014, 05:35 PM)kadylady Wrote:

That's a nice tribute.

He was a wonderful man. Some of the people who came to his memorial service only knew him from riding the city bus with him every morning. He made that much of an impact on their lives.

You were lucky to have him. And to appreciate what you had.
Both of my parents were/are great role models, too.
(02-27-2014, 05:34 PM)kadylady Wrote: In the musician world, I always thought that Gwen Stefani would make a great role model for young girls.

Yes... I agree.
My parents & my hubby. My dear friends: Kathy, Lynne, Gypsy... and their spouses; as well as Bonnie & Carolyn. My oldest daughter's in-laws. Michelle Obama. I'm sure there are many others, but I don't feel like putting any more thought into it.
(02-27-2014, 05:07 PM)tvguy Wrote: Steve Irwin

Pat Tillman

Al Gore

Like two of the three you chose, especially Tillman. Can't go wrong with that choice.
(02-27-2014, 05:38 PM)BeerMe Wrote: Jackie Robinson

My Dad

Myself

Jackie is a good choice. Don't know anything about the other two. Smiling
This seems to me to be more about who we admire.

I don't have any role models cuzz I do what I want. Big Grin

I kinda like Mark Twain and Jimmy Carter though.
(02-28-2014, 11:17 AM)cletus1 Wrote: This seems to me to be more about who we admire.

Not really. I admire JFK, but I would not like my son to grow up like him. Same for MLK AND Mandela. I admire what they did, but I would never want my son to do in his personal life what they did.
(02-28-2014, 11:24 AM)SFLiberal Wrote:
(02-28-2014, 11:17 AM)cletus1 Wrote: This seems to me to be more about who we admire.

Not really. I admire JFK, but I would not like my son to grow up like him. Same for MLK AND Mandela. I admire what they did, but I would never want my son to do in his personal life what they did.

I agree. I would not want my sons having sex with Marlyn Monroe. That would be sick. She's deadRazz
I don't believe there are any "perfect" role models. They all have flaws, just like the rest of us. I guess that means there are any number of flawed role models to pick from.
John Galt.

If he were real.
(02-28-2014, 06:57 PM)Larry Wrote: John Galt.

If he were real.

I don't recall reading the book (I don't recall many things these days) but did you (or anyone else) see the movies? I watching Part 1 on Netflix and its starting a little slow for my tastes. Should I push on?
(02-28-2014, 11:10 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(02-28-2014, 06:57 PM)Larry Wrote: John Galt.

If he were real.

I don't recall reading the book (I don't recall many things these days) but did you (or anyone else) see the movies? I watching Part 1 on Netflix and its starting a little slow for my tastes. Should I push on?

No. You won't remember the first half. Big Grin