Medford 5-year old shot
http://www.kdrv.com/child-injured-in-acc...-shooting/

Quote:Police say a 5-year-old child is suffering from gunshot wounds to the stomach after an accidental shooting this morning in a Medford neighborhood. Investigators say the boy found his father’s black powder pistol in an unsecured cabinet in the home while his father was asleep. His 8-year-old sister tried to take the gun away from him and it discharged, striking the boy.
The child’s father is a convicted felon and is not allowed to be in possession of a firearm. Medford Police arrested 46-year-old Brian Green for assault, reckless endangerment, and felon in possession of a firearm.

Seems apropos.
Who stores their black powder firearms loaded? Or am I missing something here?

I fully admit that I don't know a lot about guns, but aren't those the single-shot firearms? The ones you pour the powder into, then ram the ball down with a piece of wadding behind?

Isn't that dangerous on several levels to store those loaded?
(03-01-2014, 03:13 PM)Scrapper Wrote: http://www.kdrv.com/child-injured-in-acc...-shooting/

Quote:Police say a 5-year-old child is suffering from gunshot wounds to the stomach after an accidental shooting this morning in a Medford neighborhood. Investigators say the boy found his father’s black powder pistol in an unsecured cabinet in the home while his father was asleep. His 8-year-old sister tried to take the gun away from him and it discharged, striking the boy.
The child’s father is a convicted felon and is not allowed to be in possession of a firearm. Medford Police arrested 46-year-old Brian Green for assault, reckless endangerment, and felon in possession of a firearm.

Damn correct result. Too bad those poor kids have a moron for a dad.

And cs, I haven't had very much experience with black powder guns, but I agree with your assessment. I can't imagine it not being stored away clean.
(03-01-2014, 03:26 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Seems apropos.

I love that song.