The Mess in The Ukraine.
The Russians are going to try to shoot up most of The Ukraine.

Senator McCan is going to call our president a sissy for not going to war to protect the "peace loving democratic folks" in the western part of the county".

The noise is going to be shrill and ongoing.

But, I don't want my grandson dying to keep the good people of The Ukraine free from the Godless Russians.

Are we going to rant and rave about this?

Does a bear crap in the woods?
On the other hand, one might have seen this coming.....

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinero...n-n1802374
Good thing Obama has that flexibility now.
(03-02-2014, 10:32 AM)Larry Wrote: On the other hand, one might have seen this coming.....

Well sure.
And if the election had gone "the other way" we might be bogged down in a war in Georgia, Syria, and God only knows where else.

I like this presidents wary views of exposing us to war in places where we get bogged down for far too long. We simply can't afford the spending of more national treasure. Money, or people.

Sarah Palin is a simple person with simple views. We live in a complex world made more difficult each day, it seems.

I hope that, as a nation, we approach these regional conflicts with reason and thoughtfulness. It would be great if our executive and legislative branches could learn to work together here, if in no other area.
This could be scary stuff. Not a good time for knee-jerk reactions.
So you are discounting her prediction, which has proven to be true, because you find her to be a "simple" person.

I guess that's one opinion.

I don't find anyone wanting us to go to war over this. No one. I pointed out that she predicted that under a weak minded President, Putin would feel emboldened to invade Ukraine. And he has.

Why do you equate this simple truth to anyone desiring to interfere?
[Image: putininvades_zps61c1d132.jpg]
(03-02-2014, 12:54 PM)Larry Wrote: So you are discounting her prediction, which has proven to be true, because you find her to be a "simple" person.

I don't find anyone wanting us to go to war over this. No one. I pointed out that she predicted that under a weak minded President, Putin would feel emboldened to invade Ukraine. And he has.

Since we don't and never will know what Putin would have done so far if the USA was led by McCain and Palin.
Then your simple truth is not a simple or any other kind of truth. It's a supposition.
Flash backs to 1917
One key element in this situation: Ukraine had a huge nuclear arsenal, which it sent to Russia in 1996 to be dismantled:

Quote:When the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991, the newly independent Ukraine had on its territory what was the third largest strategic nuclear weapons arsenal in the world. It was larger than those of Britain, France, and China combined. On June 1, 1996 Ukraine became a non-nuclear nation when it sent the last of its 1,900 strategic nuclear warheads to Russia for dismantling. The first shipment of nuclear weapons from Ukraine to Russia (by train) was in March 1994. In return for giving up its nuclear weapons, Ukraine, the United States of America, Russia, and the United Kingdom signed the 1994 Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances, pledging to respect Ukraine territorial integrity, a pledge that was arguably broken by Russia's 2014 invasion of Crimea.
(cut)
According to the Budapest Memorandum, the signatories (including Russia) pledged to "Respect Ukrainian independence and sovereignty within its existing borders" and "Refrain from the threat or use of force against Ukraine". The Russian 2014 invasion of Crimia has been called a "blatant violation of Russia’s commitments, including the 1994 Budapest memorandum" by the Washington Post, among others.

(wiki, Nuclear weapons and Ukraine)
(03-02-2014, 01:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-02-2014, 12:54 PM)Larry Wrote: So you are discounting her prediction, which has proven to be true, because you find her to be a "simple" person.

Since we don't and never will know what Putin would have done so far if the USA was led by McCain and Palin.
Then your simple truth is not a simple or any other kind of truth. It's a supposition.
The "simple" truth is: Sarah Palin DID say, "If Obama is elected President, Russia will invade Ukraine." He was. They did. What part is not true?
(03-02-2014, 01:46 PM)Larry Wrote:

The "simple" truth is: Sarah Palin DID say, "If Obama is elected President, Russia will invade Ukraine." He was. They did. What part is not true?

Sure Larry that part is indeed true. But you also said this.....

she predicted that under a weak minded President, Putin would feel emboldened to invade Ukraine

Like I said there is NO way of knowing if Putin would have done the same if McCain and Palin were at the helm. So therefore that comment is a supposition any way you want to slice it.

And I know how you want to slice it. You want to make this all about Obama and it's not.
(03-02-2014, 02:25 PM)tvguy Wrote:

she predicted that under a weak minded President, Putin would feel emboldened to invade Ukraine

Like I said there is NO way of knowing if Putin would have done the same if McCain and Palin were at the helm. So therefore that comment is a supposition any way you want to slice it.

And I know how you want to slice it. You want to make this all about Obama and it's not.

LMFAO. You think I believe Putin invaded Ukraine BECAUSE of Obama? He invaded because he could. His JOB is to take back the fractured Soviet Union. His TIMING required a complacent Europe and a weak US administration.

But to think it's "about" Obama? Don't insult me.
edit
(03-02-2014, 03:13 PM)Larry Wrote:

LMFAO. You think I believe Putin invaded Ukraine BECAUSE of Obama? He invaded because he could. His JOB is to take back the fractured Soviet Union. His TIMING required a complacent Europe and a weak US administration.

Too funny you just admitted this was about Obama. You said we are a weak US administration and this NO DOUBT is because McCain and his IDIOT running mate are not in charge.
So yeah I was right saying it's about Obama.. CLEARLY. Who is insulting? I'm listening to and commenting the words coming out of YOUR mouth.
(03-02-2014, 03:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-02-2014, 01:05 PM)tvguy Wrote: Since we don't and never will know what Putin would have done so far if the USA was led by McCain and Palin.

Too funny you just admitted this was about Obama. You said we are a weak US administration and this NO DOUBT is because McCain and his IDIOT running mate are not in charge.
So yeah I was right saying it's about Obama.. CLEARLY. Who is insulting? I'm listening to and commenting the words coming out of YOUR mouth.

Mc Cain and Palin didn't run in 2012, so yeah we really couldn't predict what would happen with them right now.
(03-02-2014, 03:48 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(03-02-2014, 03:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-02-2014, 01:46 PM)Larry Wrote: The "simple" truth is: Sarah Palin DID say, "If Obama is elected President, Russia will invade Ukraine." He was. They did. What part is not true?

Mc Cain and Palin didn't run in 2012, so yeah we really couldn't predict what would happen with them right now.

Why is WHEN MCain and Palin ran for office relevant?
The fact is that during that time PALIN said...

If Obama is elected President, Russia will invade Ukraine."

Obama was elected and Putin did invade Ukraine. But that doesn't mean Palin is Nostradamus and a gifted clairvoyant.
Instead it was just Palin trying to get elected by claiming Obama was week. Just exactly like she loved to go around claiming he palled around with terrorists.
Larry.
Get help.
If you think this is about what ANYONE predicted you have fallen from the horse one too many times.
Follow your "argument" to it's logical conclusion and then post again.
Jes. Larry. Wink
(03-02-2014, 10:32 AM)Larry Wrote: On the other hand, one might have seen this coming.....

Man, that is one CREEEPY picture. Looks like a spider about to pounce. Sorry, Off topic to be sure.

[Image: 9a0762e1-6089-48b6-b241-028395f26014.jpg]
I see that any hope of returning here, in any capacity, will be met with a Larry fuckfest, so, adieu.
(03-02-2014, 06:44 PM)Larry Wrote: I see that any hope of returning here, in any capacity, will be met with a Larry fuckfest, so, adieu.

Why you are so dramatic and sullen all the time?