Debate sections re-opened
Good afternoon! After a fair amount of work surrounding the permission system in the forum software, the Debate sections are now open again. All current members of the site have been auto-enrolled for access. New members will need to self-enroll (takes a few seconds). Current members can also self-disenroll via the link in the forum list if they choose to.

The reasoning behind adding this is we have received several requests for this feature from users who did not want to participate in the more heated political content. Unfortunately, without a self-enrollment system in place, it appears in several places including the "New Posts" and "Today's Posts" features.

If you notice any bugs or glitches, please let me know.

Thanks!

-Kam
Woohoo! Big Grin I am soooo going to behave myself in this reopened section and so is Wonk. Ain't that right Wonky?
(03-03-2014, 12:17 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Woohoo! Big Grin I am soooo going to behave myself in this reopened section and so is Wonk. Ain't that right Wonky?

You got that right! This place (especially this section) has no value once it's been breeched with ranting and raving by those who only want to promote an "agenda" and not engage in real dialog.

So as long as you, and everyone else, totally agree with EVERYTHING I post, we will get along fine. Laughing
(03-03-2014, 09:02 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 12:17 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Woohoo! Big Grin I am soooo going to behave myself in this reopened section and so is Wonk. Ain't that right Wonky?

You got that right! This place (especially this section) has no value once it's been breeched with ranting and raving by those who only want to promote an "agenda" and not engage in real dialog.

So as long as you, and everyone else, totally agree with EVERYTHING I post, we will get along fine. Laughing

I can do that. Smiling
(03-03-2014, 10:46 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

I can do that. Smiling

I may be able to make you a Deacon then.
There is a $20.00 fee. Big Grin
(03-03-2014, 10:50 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 10:46 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

I can do that. Smiling

I may be able to make you a Deacon then.
There is a $20.00 fee. Big Grin
Is that a one time fee, or is it monthly, biannual or annual?

You need to log on to view the debate section too; so we can watch you watching us.
Sheeeit. And I was just starting to believe you guys. Popped that ballon ya did.
The debate section might be open, but everyone is too scared go go there. Or maybe we no longer need it since the discussion section kind of became the debate section. I'll try to stir up something in the debate section later.
(03-04-2014, 05:12 PM)cletus1 Wrote: The debate section might be open, but everyone is too scared go go there. Or maybe we no longer need it since the discussion section kind of became the debate section. I'll try to stir up something in the debate section later.

I love to do a little go go... but I'm not sure the debate section is the right place to do it. Dancing Wink Big Grin Laughing
I click on "NEW" threads. What am I sposed to do? ?go to the debate section and debate with myself why I went there?
(03-04-2014, 05:30 PM)tvguy Wrote: I click on "NEW" threads. What am I sposed to do? ?go to the debate section and debate with myself why I went there?

Would you?
I think it'll just take time for new threads to be posted. If you want to give it a kick start, make an effort to post new threads there or resurrect the ones that were active just before shutdown.

Actually, given where we were just before shutdown, maybe just post new threads. Razz
(03-04-2014, 05:34 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(03-04-2014, 05:30 PM)tvguy Wrote: I click on "NEW" threads. What am I sposed to do? ?go to the debate section and debate with myself why I went there?

Would you?

I tried to get in and couldn'tSad
You can't get into the debates section? They saw you coming a mile away.Laughing
(03-04-2014, 10:14 PM)Tiamat Wrote: You can't get into the debates section? They saw you coming a mile away.Laughing

It says I gotta join the group but then it says I am already in the group and that's as far ass I get. Catch 22.
(03-04-2014, 10:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-04-2014, 10:14 PM)Tiamat Wrote: You can't get into the debates section? They saw you coming a mile away.Laughing

It says I gotta join the group but then it says I am already in the group and that's as far ass I get. Catch 22.

You also have to be logged on under your user name. You can't access that section as a guest. Perhaps that why I don't see a lot of users/readers in that section. Everyone likes to hide including myself. Well not hide exactly, but I typically don't log in until I want to post.
(03-05-2014, 12:05 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

You also have to be logged on under your user name. You can't access that section as a guest. Perhaps that why I don't see a lot of users/readers in that section. Everyone likes to hide including myself. Well not hide exactly, but I typically don't log in until I want to post.

I'm always logged on. If I want to click on "new threads" That function isn't there if I'm not logged on.

Quote:Everyone likes to hide including myself. Well not hide exactly, but I typically don't log in until I want to post.

Yer just weird, what's the point in doing that weirdo.
(03-05-2014, 12:15 AM)tvguy Wrote:

I'm always logged on. If I want to click on "new threads" That function isn't there if I'm not logged on.

Quote:Everyone likes to hide including myself. Well not hide exactly, but I typically don't log in until I want to post.

Everybody is just weird then. Do you think we ever have 25 real guests here?
(03-05-2014, 12:23 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

I do because I'm gullible.
(03-05-2014, 12:40 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-05-2014, 12:23 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(03-04-2014, 10:18 PM)tvguy Wrote: It says I gotta join the group but then it says I am already in the group and that's as far ass I get. Catch 22.

I do because I'm gullible.

Let's ask posters if they always browse the site logged on or if they use the invisible feature or hang out as guests. I recall Ponder commenting to me once about not my apparent non use of the invisible feature. I still never use it, but I log off when not posting and when I revisit the site I am automatically in guest mode until I log on again. I would bet plenty of members read posts as guests until they decide to post.