Meeting of The Banned
(03-03-2014, 03:56 PM)Asquared44 Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 03:15 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 03:04 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 03:02 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 02:52 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Dadgummit! Twice... and I missed them both! What happened?

Edited to add: Ooohhhh... a month this time. Surprised Ouch.
He called you some vile names and accused csrowan of being gay.

Me? Rolling Eyes He must have thought that I had something to do with his banning? That's funny... because I was no where around to even know what happened with either banning.
I think he assumed I reported him because I altered the names he called you into compliments by changing a couple of letters. I then decided to remove my post saying what I said above. He may have assumed I must have been warned and that gave me the opportunity to report. I am speculating of course. No big deal as long as we don't lose Asquared44. Big Grin

Alright Clete, for throwing that jab, I promise to double my post count in the next 3 years.... Surprised

As for the insults thrown.... I believe in the golden rule. Basically, if you throw shit at people, don't bitch(or report) when they throw shit back at you.
That wasn't really a dig. I thought it was funny, whether the insinuation is true or not. And I like everyone.Big Grin
(03-03-2014, 04:04 PM)csrowan Wrote: Oh? Is it insulting to be called hetero when you're not?

Probably although I'm not sure.

Here's another tip. If someone says you throw like a girl that's normally not a good thingRazz
I've always been partial to this quote:

“I haven't really addressed those rumors because why defend yourself against something that isn't offensive?” — Johnny Galecki, of CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory, on media speculations of his sexuality.
I know Clete

Me+attempt at humor=lead balloon

As for gay insinuation....must be a generational thing. I don't think the under 40 crowd gets as riled by that insult as older folk. More of a head-shaker than anything
I think it says more about the person making the insult than anything else.
(03-03-2014, 01:48 PM)Asquared44 Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 01:15 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 12:50 PM)Scar Wrote: [quote='cletus1' pid='333506' dateline='1393868423']
Tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM, anyone that is banned is invited to this thread for group. If you don't show up because you cant post, I understand. Laughing Formerly banned members are expected to attend. That means you too PonderThis. TVguy says we don't need you because I am a good replacement. I disagree; I am not a good substitute for you. Smiling

We will discuss any issues you may have. If you don't have any issues, we will discuss mine; I got plenty. If you have issues bring tissues not guitars or ukuleles.

no slime on my hands
Now THAT is some editing.
I imagine the usual suspects have worn out their mouses' hitting the report button.

I wish Ponder would come back too. He was interesting.... a lil disingenuous, but interesting.
No worries about Scar leaving again... He uses the SF Liberal moniker more anyway.

Just proves you don't know squat....
(03-03-2014, 04:10 PM)Asquared44 Wrote: I know Clete

As for gay insinuation....must be a generational thing. I don't think the under 40 crowd gets as riled by that insult as older folk. More of a head-shaker than anything
There was no gay insinuation concerning you. Or perhaps you are not reffering to me as making the gay insinuation because that was Scar. I'm not sure what you mean. My insinuation was that Scar was a prolific poster and you seldom post, so you are not a good replacement unless you pick up the pace. I think you got that. Quantity is important here. Big Grin

The other insinuation was that Scar self destructed and you suddenly get active. I am not accusing you of anything; I'm just having fun.

Its all good on my part. No offense was intended and honestly I don't know how you found anything offensive.
(03-03-2014, 08:50 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

There was no gay insinuation concerning you. Or perhaps you are not reffering to me as making the gay insinuation because that was Scar. I'm not sure what you mean. My insinuation was that Scar was a prolific poster and you seldom post, so you are not a good replacement unless you pick up the pace. I think you got that. Quantity is important here. Big Grin

The other insinuation was that Scar self destructed and you suddenly get active. I am not accusing you of anything; I'm just having fun.

Its all good on my part. No offense was intended and honestly I don't know how you found anything offensive.

I guess I wasn't being clear. I was referencing what Scar said to Rowan.

I didn't take anything you said to me as a slam.
(03-03-2014, 04:05 PM)charger Wrote: You tell us.
Laughing

I guess he left that as an open shot.

I think maybe another way to see this is.

If your white and somebody calls you black, are you insulted?

Not sure if Scar used such a neutral name like 'homo".
He probably used a more of a snide remark like 'faggot' or 'queer'.

Still, would a white guy be insulted if somebody called him a nigger?

Not sure if that really fits, since white guys aren't generally insulted if you call them a cracker.

Maybe I would be insulted if you called me a Republican.

Funny thing about insulting names, we all choose what we dislike.
(03-03-2014, 04:05 PM)charger Wrote: You tell us.

You forgot to say Simon says. Razz
Scar certainly did.
Funny, when I first saw the tread title, I thought it was going to be about Bob Dillon.
When I was a kid... yes, about hundred years ago... guys were insulted when someone would call them a 'woman'. It didn't mean they were actually a female. Same difference. Rolling Eyes

Asquared is definitely NOT Scar.
(03-04-2014, 01:26 AM)BeerMe Wrote:

And a former ilgp participant I believe.
(03-04-2014, 05:00 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

That was years ago, they must be 'a square 48', by now.
(03-04-2014, 05:02 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(03-04-2014, 05:00 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

That was years ago, they must be 'a square 48', by now.
Nope, not an age reference.... good try though.
So the meeting was supposed to start at 8:00. No one showed up so I am outta here.
(03-04-2014, 09:25 AM)cletus1 Wrote: So the meeting was supposed to start at 8:00. No one showed up so I am outta here.

8am is kind of early. Maybe you should shoot for a little later in the morning for your next meeting.
Hmmm... new member: "[account deleted/name which contained a personal attack removed]"
http://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/me...rofile&uid=
Which member of the "Banned" crew do we think that is?!?! Rolling Eyes