Plans to make Foothill Road four lanes in certain spots
(03-18-2014, 07:54 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(03-18-2014, 07:41 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(03-18-2014, 05:59 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(03-17-2014, 08:47 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(03-17-2014, 08:36 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: Agreed! But one should bear in mind, it will always be more dangerous for bikes and joggers due to visibility around blind corners.

Prayer answers everything. Razz

Well, I don't know you, but it seems to me that my having a viewpoint on a topic outside of the Religion section should not be met with mocking. Being a Christian does not mean I am one dimensional.

My point had zero to do with faith. Just the reality of the safety issues on Foothill Road.

I hope our future interactions will be more meaningful.

edit. Before I am attacked for not understanding that he was joking, of course he was. But that doesn't lessen the impact of the secondary meaning behind his post, which is, any opinion I have on any subject can be ignored simply because of one dimension of my life. Call me thin skinned all you want, but there are realities to non-acceptance, and the subtle ways people have of discarding others.

Enjoy the day. It will be a grand one.

And that is different from you offering to pray for a person that does not believe in your God how?

For the third time, is that issue not settled for you? I have apologized and will refrain from doing so in the future. I hope that is satisfactory for you, because frankly, it appears you only have comment to repeat over and over.

I hope your day improves, I know mine will.

Also, this topic is in no way a religion topic, and I certainly did not bring it in.

Fair warning...Scrapper is known for holding "grudges", being unable to accept apologies, and refusing to believe that people can change.
(03-17-2014, 08:36 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(03-12-2014, 07:39 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Needs bike lanes Smiling

Agreed! But one should bear in mind, it will always be more dangerous for bikes and joggers due to visibility around blind corners.

That was RUDE!Mad
(03-18-2014, 08:13 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Agreed! But one should bear in mind, it will always be more dangerous for bikes and joggers due to visibility around blind corners.

Wonk, do you prefer to poke the people that hold religious beliefs and not the beliefs? I recall countless admonitions from you about my criticizing of religion. Just wondering. Of course this post could be one of your failed attempt at humor usually you're more amusing and clever.

I've been thinking recently of re dubbing Wonky. Perhaps "The Admonizer" maybe with a nun with a ruler for an avatar. But, "The Admonizer" just doesn't roll off the tongue like Wonky.

Of course, SD. Being out there on a bike is more dangerous period. But there are things that can happen that make a dangerous experience safer. That being said, I still don't have a helmet.
After my successful election to County Board of Supervisors I'm going to direct Public Works to return Foothill into a dirt tract to be used only by wagons.
(03-18-2014, 08:21 AM)broadzilla Wrote:

That was RUDE!Mad

Yes and a cheap shot, and off topic and disruptive and a personal attack.

Maybe so but it won't be near as dangerous as it is now. Those "blind corners" may not exist when they are done.

I think pedestrians and cyclists should watch closely for vehicles. Never ride a bike with out a mirror. You can avoid being hit simply by paying attention.

Too many people are simply stupid. I see them all the time walking along the road with their back to traffic.
They ignore the possibility that I'm drunk and swerving, or on drugs or 100 years old or trying to text and eat a ham sandwich while I'm driving.
(03-18-2014, 12:56 PM)tvguy Wrote:

That was RUDE!Mad

Rude?
Cheap shot?
Personal attack?

Get real.

It's a fact that prayer does not answer everything. (If anything)
And in context it was maybe not funny, but not any of the adjectives used here.
But pray if you want; I will guard your freedom to do so.
I just don't have to agree with you about prayer.
And I sure as hell won't pray with you.

Now. About Foothill road: Pray that it all goes well. Laughing
(03-18-2014, 07:00 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(03-18-2014, 12:56 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-17-2014, 08:36 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: Agreed! But one should bear in mind, it will always be more dangerous for bikes and joggers due to visibility around blind corners.

That was RUDE!Mad

Rude?
Cheap shot?
Personal attack?

Get real.

It's a fact that prayer does not answer everything. (If anything)
And in context it was maybe not funny, but not any of the adjectives used here.
But pray if you want; I will guard your freedom to do so.
I just don't have to agree with you about prayer.
And I sure as hell won't pray with you.

Now. About Foothill road: Pray that it all goes well. Laughing
Yes it was Rude, a Cheap shot and Personal attack. I don't really care, Someonesdad can learn to take it but you sure as hell are being hypocritical.

After all it's YOU who says we should talk to people on line the same as if we were in person.
You wouldn't have mocked someone because of their religion in person. You know it and I know it.

You know the drill. Get down and give me 20.

Wonk, do you prefer to poke the people that hold religious beliefs and not the beliefs? I recall countless admonitions from you about my criticizing of religion. Just wondering. Of course this post could be one of your failed attempt at humor usually you're more amusing and clever.

Look at it in context.
Our new preacher here, (someone's dad) was concerned about bike lanes, etc.
reading all his other drivel I was guessing his answer was going to to prayer. That seems to be his answer for all our ills. He can believe what he wants and voice it here. I won't mock him for his "faith" but I don't have to subscribe to it.

So yeah, if he is true to his blathering here, he will pray about it. I wasn't criticizing his religion for Christ's sake; I was supporting his views voiced here. that I added a smile only suggests I think he celebrates April Fool's day in May.

Sorry? Not a bit.
(03-18-2014, 07:35 PM)Wonky Wrote:

Look at it in context.
reading all his other drivel I was guessing his answer was going to to prayer. That seems to be his answer for all our ills. He can believe what he wants and voice it here. I won't mock him for his "faith" but I don't have to subscribe to it.

So yeah, if he is true to his blathering here, he will pray about it. I wasn't criticizing his religion for Christ's sake; I was supporting his views voiced here. that I added a smile only suggests I think he celebrates April Fool's day in May.

Sorry? Not a bit.

Look at it in context? You mean YOUR context. YOU are the one who brought religion to this thread. YOU are the one who trolled this newcomer with shit from another thread.
I have not seen this person say Prayer are the answer for all of our ills.You are saying that on a thread where YOU brought religion to.

For the great admonisher you sure as hell don't practice what you preach. And you have preached here on this forum a lot more than Someonsdad.
(03-18-2014, 08:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Look at it in context.

Sorry? Not a bit.

Look at it in context? You mean YOUR context. YOU are the one who brought religion to this thread. YOU are the one who trolled this newcomer with shit from another thread.
I have not seen this person say Prayer are the answer for all of our ills.You are saying that on a thread where YOU brought religion to.

For the great admonisher you sure as hell don't practice what you preach. And you have preached here on this forum a lot more than Someonsdad.

Who is this equitable, reasonable TV guy posting here?Big GrinLaughing

Look at it in context.

Sorry? Not a bit.

Sir. In the Community Help Desk section, cletus1 invited me to participate in more than just the religion section. I had a thought about the windy Foothill Rd remaining a danger to bicyclists, even after widening and adding bike paths, and responded to bbqboy asking about those bike paths.

How on earth could you leap to a "guess" that I would make this topic about prayer? That was an absurd assumption on your part, and the community here seems to share that view. You could have gracefully apologized, or just remained silently admonished, but instead you come back and defend yourself as if I caused it?

You are an unseemly person.

I for one, have the ability to discuss many topics, without the need for anything remotely related to scripture. Your assumption that I could not makes you look the fool, not I.

Enjoy whatever it is that brings you joy, and allow me the same. Is that too much to ask?

Now, I will ask again, does anyone know if there is any preliminary drawings or maps of the intended changes to Foothill Road?
(03-18-2014, 10:21 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

Look at it in context.

Sorry? Not a bit.

Sir. In the Community Help Desk section, cletus1 invited me to participate in more than just the religion section. I had a thought about the windy Foothill Rd remaining a danger to bicyclists, even after widening and adding bike paths, and responded to bbqboy asking about those bike paths.

How on earth could you leap to a "guess" that I would make this topic about prayer? That was an absurd assumption on your part, and the community here seems to share that view. You could have gracefully apologized, or just remained silently admonished, but instead you come back and defend yourself as if I caused it?

You are an unseemly person.

I for one, have the ability to discuss many topics, without the need for anything remotely related to scripture. Your assumption that I could not makes you look the fool, not I.

Enjoy whatever it is that brings you joy, and allow me the same. Is that too much to ask?

Now, I will ask again, does anyone know if there is any preliminary drawings or maps of the intended changes to Foothill Road?

Applause.
(03-18-2014, 10:21 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: Now, I will ask again, does anyone know if there is any preliminary drawings or maps of the intended changes to Foothill Road?

Hang on I have "paint" I'll make you a drawing.......

[Image: jt4h9z.jpg]
(03-18-2014, 11:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-18-2014, 10:21 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: Now, I will ask again, does anyone know if there is any preliminary drawings or maps of the intended changes to Foothill Road?

Laughing Thank you! Though I may doubt your accuracy.

Look at it in context.

Sorry? Not a bit.

SD, you do not need an invite to participate around here, it's an open forum.

Hey TVGuy, did Courtney Love help you with that drawing?Big Grin
(03-19-2014, 07:57 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(03-17-2014, 08:47 AM)Wonky Wrote: Prayer answers everything. Razz

Look at it in context.

Sorry? Not a bit.

SD, you do not need an invite to participate around here, it's an open forum.

Smiling I know that, but I was trying to be as descriptive as I could with the chronological, documentable, course of events that brought me to the point of saying something as controversial as: "Agreed! But one should bear in mind, it will always be more dangerous for bikes and joggers due to visibility around blind corners."
(03-19-2014, 08:07 AM)Jeep Wrote:

Hey TVGuy, did Courtney Love help you with that drawing?Big Grin

Is Courtney Love an artiste?