Thread For The Tech Impaired
I have a few questions but will attack them one at a time. I'll start with downloading music to an ipod.

Is there an easy way to download a few old ZZ Top for free to this thing? If you can provide a how to link for dummies I'd appreciate it.
Well then... I don't know the proper terminology, but is there a way to create a shortcut (place an icon) like Youtube on the face (desktop)? Laughing It was there yesterday, but last night when plugging it into my PC for the first time, it updated to a newer version and now YouTube gone. Confused
You need iTunes.
You've got an iPod Touch?

To answer your first question, you need to have some ZZ Top songs on your computer. You also need iTunes on your computer. Then you need to tell iTunes to sync the ZZ Top songs to the iPod.

As for YouTube, I don't know why it would have disappeared. But I'd suggest trying to download it from the App Store.

Links to be posted shortly...
Video (perhaps a bit overwhelming) and accompanying text/screenshots (much less overwhelming) giving a quick but thorough overview of syncing via iTunes, including how to add specific songs to your device (all the way at the very end of the video).

http://www.macworld.com/article/2044390/...tunes.html

How to add songs and other media to iTunes:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1473

I'd suggest burning some ZZ Top CDs onto your computer, if you happen to have them. iTunes will take care of it automatically. Just pop the CD into the computer and follow the instructions.

YouTube app for iPod/iPhone
https://itunes.apple.com/app/youtube/id544007664
(03-19-2014, 01:59 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Well then... I don't know the proper terminology, but is there a way to create a shortcut (place an icon) like Youtube on the face (desktop)? Laughing It was there yesterday, but last night when plugging it into my PC for the first time, it updated to a newer version and now YouTube gone. Confused

Are you using Firefox? Cuz it's easy to make a shortcut if you are .

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cre...ut-website
(03-19-2014, 02:06 PM)bbqboy Wrote: You need iTunes.

I installed it last night. I've looked around a little but its so foreign to me I may need to go back to my BP meds.
(03-19-2014, 02:12 PM)csrowan Wrote: You've got an iPod Touch? It just says ipod. It's my kids and may be 3 or 4 years old now. It updated itself to 6. something iso something. Embarrassed

To answer your first question, you need to have some ZZ Top songs on your computer. I don't have any good music on my PC.You also need iTunes on your computer. I have it now. Then you need to tell iTunes to sync the ZZ Top songs to the iPod. I'll have to try later when I have time.

As for YouTube, I don't know why it would have disappeared. But I'd suggest trying to download it from the App Store. I managed to find the app area and downloaded Yelp and YouTube so it's now on my PC's itunes but not on the ipod. I don't see where or how to send it to the ipod. I'll check you links you provided (Thanks!) later also.

(03-19-2014, 02:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-19-2014, 01:59 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Well then... I don't know the proper terminology, but is there a way to create a shortcut (place an icon) like Youtube on the face (desktop)? Laughing It was there yesterday, but last night when plugging it into my PC for the first time, it updated to a newer version and now YouTube gone. Confused

Chrome, but I have no trouble creating shortcuts for my PC. Thanks. Smiling
(03-19-2014, 02:21 PM)csrowan Wrote: Video (perhaps a bit overwhelming) and accompanying text/screenshots (much less overwhelming) giving a quick but thorough overview of syncing via iTunes, including how to add specific songs to your device (all the way at the very end of the video).

http://www.macworld.com/article/2044390/...tunes.html

How to add songs and other media to iTunes:
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1473

I'd suggest burning some ZZ Top CDs onto your computer, if you happen to have them. iTunes will take care of it automatically. Just pop the CD into the computer and follow the instructions.

YouTube app for iPod/iPhone
https://itunes.apple.com/app/youtube/id544007664

Thanks. I should be able to figure this out later with all this...

All this is so I can listen to my favorite workout music on my recently added rowing machine. Big Grin Maybe I should just buy their friggin greatest hits at the itune store and be done with it! Laughing

Go to the Library and check out cd's.
(03-19-2014, 03:11 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

huh? you said..... is there a way to create a shortcut (place an icon) like Youtube on the face (desktop)?

That's not a shortcut for your PC?
The screen of the iPod. Not the desktop of the computer.
(03-19-2014, 03:08 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-19-2014, 02:12 PM)csrowan Wrote: You've got an iPod Touch? It just says ipod. It's my kids and may be 3 or 4 years old now. It updated itself to 6. something iso something. Embarrassed

To answer your first question, you need to have some ZZ Top songs on your computer. I don't have any good music on my PC.You also need iTunes on your computer. I have it now. Then you need to tell iTunes to sync the ZZ Top songs to the iPod. I'll have to try later when I have time.

As for YouTube, I don't know why it would have disappeared. But I'd suggest trying to download it from the App Store. I managed to find the app area and downloaded Yelp and YouTube so it's now on my PC's itunes but not on the ipod. I don't see where or how to send it to the ipod. I'll check you links you provided (Thanks!) later also.

If you want apps on your iPod, the best way is to open the App Store on the iPod, search for the apps there, and download them directly to the iPod.

While you can download them to your computer through iTunes, then sync them to the iPod by plugging the into the computer and fiddling around in iTunes, it's the long way around.
The trick is to let our tuner warm up (you will see the tubes glow) before you put the ZZ Tops platter on the turntable.
(03-19-2014, 04:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-19-2014, 03:11 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

huh? you said..... is there a way to create a shortcut (place an icon) like Youtube on the face (desktop)?

That's not a shortcut for your PC?

Sorry, my fault. My brain was still on post 1 that nobody had chimed in on yet so I forgot to mention ipod in post 2. Embarrassed

Today has been a heck of a day so I'm not sure how much I'll accomplish with the ipod tonight, but not from lack of info from you all. Thanks again... [two thumbs up]
(03-19-2014, 04:49 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(03-19-2014, 03:08 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

If you want apps on your iPod, the best way is to open the App Store on the iPod, search for the apps there, and download them directly to the iPod.

While you can download them to your computer through iTunes, then sync them to the iPod by plugging the into the computer and fiddling around in iTunes, it's the long way around.

Makes perfect sense. Will do.
Play the ZZ top on you 8-track and use the audio record feature in the I-pad (pod),
Just returned from the library with ZZ Top and Taylor Swift (for my DD's) in hand. Downloaded in less than a minute each so I guess I'm off to the gym for a little rocken and rowing. Thanks for the most excellent advice. Cool

Rowing with Greater Intensity = Rowing with ZZ Top. Big Grin

Does anyone use Flickr? It's new to me because image shack, that I have used for years, started charging for their site. All the recent photos I posted on RVF are from Flickr but now I can't for the life of me post any now. (I've been trying for almost an hour!) Mad They are sitting right next to the pizza and plants and I can't get a link that will work here. Where am I going wrong?