Recipes/Food Chat
Anyone making anything different or extra special for tomorrows meal? Rather than turkey, I found a pretty good deal on a rib-roast and a couple of pounds of King Crab. I lucked out on the crab. It was the end of the night and it was the last of the legs and the butcher didn't want to put them away and said if I took it all I could have it for $10.00.  Big Grin
Considering the recall of Trader Joe's and Sabra hummus recently, if you enjoy this healthy dip, I highly recommend you try the Bush's brand pouch you just add to a can of garbanzo beans and blend well in the food processor. The original flavor is the best by far and I think it was less than $2.00 at Walmart.
(12-05-2016, 12:12 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Considering the recall of Trader Joe's and Sabra hummus recently, if you enjoy this healthy dip, I highly recommend you try the Bush's brand pouch you just add to a can of garbanzo beans and blend well in the food processor. The original flavor is the best by far and I think it was less than $2.00 at Walmart.

I didn't know there was a recall. But hummus is not just chickpeas. It's got to have tahini to be good.  And you can't just blend it randomly. The texture will be wrong. The best way is to make the tahini first with olive oil to make a mayo like mix and then add the chickpeas and then oil and some water...very smooth paste.  But, then I rarely make it myself.   But I'll look for the pouch. It might be worth it. I still don't have a food processor. I have junky old oster, (not the old classic which were awesome) and it just does a so so job.
(12-05-2016, 07:22 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 12:12 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Considering the recall of Trader Joe's and Sabra hummus recently, if you enjoy this healthy dip, I highly recommend you try the Bush's brand pouch you just add to a can of garbanzo beans and blend well in the food processor. The original flavor is the best by far and I think it was less than $2.00 at Walmart.

I didn't know there was a recall. But hummus is not just chickpeas. It's got to have tahini to be good.  And you can't just blend it randomly. The texture will be wrong. The best way is to make the tahini first with olive oil to make a mayo like mix and then add the chickpeas and then oil and some water...very smooth paste.  But, then I rarely make it myself.   But I'll look for the pouch. It might be worth it. I still don't have a food processor. I have junky old oster, (not the old classic which were awesome) and it just does a so so job.

I use this food processor on my junky old Oster. Very limited on what it can do, but I found it new/unused in Goodwill for $5.00.

The pouch looks like this and the texture right out of the bag seems perfect to me.
(12-05-2016, 09:08 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

I use this food processor on my junky old Oster. Very limited on what it can do, but I found it new/unused in Goodwill for $5.00.

The pouch looks like this and the texture right out of the bag seems perfect to me.

Well, I'm going to take a gander and see if I can find it.
(12-06-2016, 07:42 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 09:08 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Well, I'm going to take a gander and see if I can find it.

I'd suggest a small duck or even a parrot. Geese can be a real pain in the neck.  Razz
A friend gifted us this magnificent Maui pineapple. It's HUGE! My cheap reading glasses fit it perfectly.  Eek!  If it tastes half as good as it looks and smells we'll be in island heaven.  Cool 

[Image: 20161231_215050_zpsepyt0u7a.jpg]
(12-31-2016, 11:02 PM)Valuesize Wrote: A friend gifted us this magnificent Maui pineapple. It's HUGE! My cheap reading glasses fit it perfectly.  Eek!  If it tastes half as good as it looks and smells we'll be in island heaven.  Cool 

Those things are soooo good. The wife has some cool tool that removes the core. Maybe everyone has one, beats me.
(01-01-2017, 03:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-31-2016, 11:02 PM)Valuesize Wrote: A friend gifted us this magnificent Maui pineapple. It's HUGE! My cheap reading glasses fit it perfectly.  Eek!  If it tastes half as good as it looks and smells we'll be in island heaven.  Cool 

Those things are soooo good. The wife has some cool tool that removes the core. Maybe everyone has one, beats me.
(01-01-2017, 05:14 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-01-2017, 03:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I just use a knife. I cut away all that spongy yellow stuff, eat the core and the chewy outside skin.
(01-07-2017, 09:22 PM)Jeep Wrote: http://www.mamosas.com/ tomorrow morning

Looks good. Fairly new?
(01-07-2017, 09:28 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Looks good. Fairly new?

But it's in Grants Pass. 
Does one need a passport to enter Grants Pass? 
And is there a dress code? (I'm not sure where my bib overalls are). 
What about required immunization shots? 
Are side arms required?
I never learned to Square Dance.

Let the poison darts fly!  Razz
(01-08-2017, 10:33 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Looks good. Fairly new?

But it's in Grants Pass. 
Are side arms required?

Not sure why you think Grants Pass is lowbrow?  Grants Pass has lots to offer.  Poison darts.....just from you.
(01-09-2017, 07:11 PM)Jeep Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 10:33 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Looks good. Fairly new?

But it's in Grants Pass. 
Are side arms required?

Not sure why you think Grants Pass is lowbrow?  Grants Pass has lots to offer.  Poison darts.....just from you.

Yeah, that post bewildered me also. Unsure
(01-20-2017, 10:16 AM)Jeep Wrote: Having lunch at Common Block today.  http://www.commonblockbrewing.com/menu/

I had lunch there last weekend.  I didn't like the atmosphere, but the food was excellent.
Valentine dinner for my sweetheart. Steak (yes it's under there) Caprese with a balsamic reduction sauce, lobster tail and par-cooked asparagus. 

[Image: 20170214_185038_zpsyk4uizrd.jpg]
(02-14-2017, 09:54 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Valentine dinner for my sweetheart. Steak (yes it's under there) Caprese with a balsamic reduction sauce, lobster tail and par-cooked asparagus. 

[Image: 20170214_185038_zpsyk4uizrd.jpg]

What a kiss ass!

I got my wife a 40# box of laundry detergent, a post hole digger and a Snickers bar. (No card)

She left just before dark on the back of a Harley with some guy to attend prayer meeting. She told me not to wait up.
No wife makes for the best ? day.
Oh, just take me out to dinner. I don't care if it's Valentines day! Big Grin
Ok.