Recipes/Food Chat
The old White City ShopNkart is just about to open as our 3rd GO.
Something new for Larry to whine and moan about.
(10-31-2017, 06:46 AM)bbqboy Wrote: The old White City ShopNkart is just about to open as our 3rd GO.

As our 3rd? Grocery outlet?
(10-31-2017, 02:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 06:46 AM)bbqboy Wrote: The old White City ShopNkart is just about to open as our 3rd GO.

Umm, why the fuck would any of this have to do with me?  Obsess much BBQ?
(10-31-2017, 02:19 PM)Hugo Wrote:

Hey! Give the guy a break.  Big Grin
You may have lived in White City.
You may have bought bread, or milk, or green beans at a grocery store.
You might have paid with cash.
Okay...fess up: Did you use a shopping cart?
Did you park perfectly between the painted lines in the parking lot?
Did you smile at the cashier?
All evidence that you ....well what we don't know, but you ARE guilty! Of something.  Wink
(10-31-2017, 02:59 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

All evidence that you ....well what we don't know, but you ARE guilty! Of something.  Wink

That was a VERY popular subject on a FB group I used to be part of Rolling Eyes
(10-31-2017, 03:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Smiling I do, yes. I understand that given all the worlds problems, this one is pretty minor. 
I also return my shopping cart to the designated place. 
I try not to stop in crosswalks.
I don't make left hand turns on the busiest streets in town, backing traffic up to Central Point. 

Little things. But why not just do the little things...at least.
(10-31-2017, 04:16 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 02:14 PM)tvguy Wrote: As our 3rd? Grocery outlet?

Smiling I do, yes. I understand that given all the worlds problems, this one is pretty minor. 
I don't make left hand turns on the busiest streets in town, backing traffic up to Central Point. 

Yeah. I don't always return the shopping carts to their place. If everyone did some kids would be out of a job LOL
(10-31-2017, 05:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 02:19 PM)Hugo Wrote: Umm, why the fuck would any of this have to do with me?  Obsess much BBQ?

Yeah. I don't always return the shopping carts to their place. If everyone did some kids would be out of a job LOL
And I respect that. I too try to give them job security. I often pick up an apple and later put it with the beer, put a loaf of bread with the toilet paper, and order something from the deli then leave. 
My guess is that folks like us keep some 102 thousand people a year employed.  Wink
(10-31-2017, 06:15 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 02:59 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Hey! Give the guy a break.  Big Grin

And I respect that. I too try to give them job security. I often pick up an apple and later put it with the beer, put a loaf of bread with the toilet paper, and order something from the deli then leave. 
My guess is that folks like us keep some 102 thousand people a year employed.  Wink
That's funny and I'm sure that was what you were after. But what you said you do would be purposely being an ass and it's not common for anyone to do.
But if everyone put the carts where they go there actually would be a job loss.
Besides I often grab a cart FROM the parking lot and take it in to use, so.... Wink
(10-31-2017, 02:19 PM)Hugo Wrote: Umm, why the fuck would any of this have to do with me?  Obsess much BBQ?

I should. But I don't. So shoot me.

I don't really get why you would care about a ShopNkart. Unsure
(10-31-2017, 08:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 03:47 PM)tvguy Wrote: Did you park perfectly between the painted lines in the parking lot?

That's funny and I'm sure that was what you were after. But what you said you do would be purposely being an ass and it's not common for anyone to do.
Besides I often grab a cart FROM the parking lot and take it in to use, so.... Wink
Man, do we have trouble connecting! Damn TV, you REALLY think I would move items around the store? You SO often accuse me of "not getting it"...that it went over my head". I feel really sad that I have to tell you that was my feeble attempt at humor. Somehow, someway, we have to get past this kind of stuff. I know I'm not the most humorous writer on the forum but I thought that would be obvious. 
I HOPE no one else here took that seriously! 
About the job loss if the carts were put back. Okay, I won't argue the point, but if one has a nice care (I don't...I have a pickup I never wash)...but if one has a car with a nice paint job I'm sure they enjoy coming out seeing a shopping cart against it and even a little scratch in the paint. No? Okay, I'll even concede that point trying to keep "peace in the family". 
And yeah, I too often grab a cart left in the lot.

Wow. I guess I gotta work on my act.  Sad
(10-31-2017, 09:52 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 08:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-31-2017, 04:16 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Smiling I do, yes. I understand that given all the worlds problems, this one is pretty minor. 

Man, do we have trouble connecting! Damn TV, you REALLY think I would move items around the store? You SO often accuse me of "not getting it"...that it went over my head". I feel really sad that I have to tell you that was my feeble attempt at humor. Somehow, someway, we have to get past this kind of stuff. I know I'm not the most humorous writer on the forum but I thought that would be obvious. 
I HOPE no one else here took that seriously! 
About the job loss if the carts were put back. Okay, I won't argue the point, but if one has a nice care (I don't...I have a pickup I never wash)...but if one has a car with a nice paint job I'm sure they enjoy coming out seeing a shopping cart against it and even a little scratch in the paint. No? Okay, I'll even concede that point trying to keep "peace in the family". 
And yeah, I too often grab a cart left in the lot.

Wow. I guess I gotta work on my act.  Sad

No Wonky I knew damn well you didn't do what you said and you were just being funny. I said as much.

There's no disconnect. I was simply trying to explain why what you jokingly said you do would be purposely mischievous compared to leaving a cart which is simply being lazy.

And as far as a cart hitting a car. I never said I left a cart where it could roll away. I've never done that.

I try and smile at cashiers. They are working.  The other night I was in a line with two people ahead of me and the cashier was lifting and bagging and scanning the other people's groceries SO  SLOW!!!  It was agonizing.  But then I realized:  She was in pain.  She was working and doing her job with a smile on her face but working. Slowly.  She confirmed it when she started to talk to me about it during small talk.  There's often a reason.  That 5 extra minutes irritated me, but calmed down when I figured it out. She said she still had two hours to go. Sad
I get an email every week from this site. Most of the time I find a thing or two that interests me, but this seems packed with enough good stuff it deserves sharing with the one or two of you that will actually open this thread.  Laughing

https://food52.com/p/change-the-way-you-...est_weekly
I try to not get email anymore. I know you hate FB, but there's literally 1000's of food groups and sites on there. One of my KC ones has 24,000 + members.  Oh well.
Southern Oregon foodies, for instance.
(01-28-2018, 03:05 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I try to not get email anymore. I know you hate FB, but there's literally 1000's of food groups and sites on there. One of my KC ones has 24,000 + members.  Oh well.
Southern Oregon foodies, for instance.

At one time I said I hated it too. I think it is what you make of it. Not to mention if you like being on this forum it's really the only alternative.
Especially since some days it takes about 60 secs to look at all the new posts.. all two or three Razz , And two out of those three are something I've already seen on FB.
I have to admit, I don't really like subscribing to things via email. I pretty much use the FB groups also. There's so many and the international ones with lots of input from different cultures can be fun.