America: Wealth Divide Reaches New Heights Of Obscenity
(01-19-2014, 12:23 PM)Wonky Wrote: Embarrassed That I cut and paste an entry from above. But I hope to make a point.

yes, I have often been critical of Leonard's posting "news" without personal comment. I'll continue to object to that, because this is a forum and not Huffington Post where news is regurgitated.

Then I'll continue to make my point. If something you post could be construed as being a big bully to another poster rather than addressing the points in their post, expect to get a response from me pointing something out about that, because it's a little habit of yours that has grown far beyond annoying.
(01-19-2014, 12:27 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(01-19-2014, 12:23 PM)Wonky Wrote: Embarrassed That I cut and paste an entry from above. But I hope to make a point.

yes, I have often been critical of Leonard's posting "news" without personal comment. I'll continue to object to that, because this is a forum and not Huffington Post where news is regurgitated.

Then I'll continue to make my point. If something you post could be construed as being a big bully to another poster rather than addressing the points in their post, expect to get a response from me pointing something out about that, because it's a little habit of yours that has grown far beyond annoying.

Okay.
I'm not longer going to exchange stuff with you in this way.
You ignored the offering to engage in discussing the actual subject.
I have no interest in this kind of exchange and I'd bet it just bores the hell of our the other members here.
Agreed. So I'll address the points in the subject. Yes, Leonard, this is an important issue and I'm glad you've brought it to our attention again. You're right, our wealth divide has reached the point of obscenity. If the people don't vote this out I think it's time for us to rebel.

Now you can tell me how un-American you think I am. Smiling
(01-19-2014, 12:16 PM)PonderThis Wrote: This idea of spitting on veterans is entirely your own straw man enemy, so you just beat that fucker up. Do you secretly hate yourself because you fought and saw people die in Vietnam for what was just another of America's worthless and unjustified wars? That's what it's sounding like here to me.

You have a problem misinterpreting a lot of things. you have a problem with logic and common sense.
What you don't have a problem with is disrespecting great many people because you look down on them.

You spit on veterans and soldiers figuratively, with your words. You don't recognize a need for soldiers or even police with your unbelievable simplistic outlook.

When I see a veteran in a parade I recognize someone who did a duty for everyone in this country.He is there to honor others like him who never came back .And to make sure we don't forget how this FREE country came about.

You just see some guy glorifying war. Like I said simplistic, and that's being kind.
The war you were in was not honorable. The war in Iraq was not honorable. The war in Afghanistan is not honorable.

Most of the military actions we have undertaken during my living lifetime were not honorable. I'm just not seeing the point in honoring what is essentially a worthless endeavor, which is fighting war. No matter what decisions you made at age 17 before you were old enough to have a proper perspective on things and that you're still trying to defend to this day.
(01-19-2014, 02:53 PM)PonderThis Wrote: The war you were in was not honorable. The war in Iraq was not honorable. The war in Afghanistan is not honorable.

Most of the military actions we have undertaken during my living lifetime were not honorable. I'm just not seeing the point in honoring what is essentially a worthless endeavor, which is fighting war. No matter what decisions you made at age 17 before you were old enough to have a proper perspective on things and that you're still trying to defend to this day.

The people who fought and died deserve our respect and honor. Who elected you the know it all? Why is anyone beneath the likes of YOU who did what they thought was right not deserve respect? , Who did what the country told them?

You contradict yourself. I haven't defended the Vietnam war,.. EVER.

I defend those who went their believing they were doing the right thing.

You can't look down on and denigrate those soldiers in one breath and in the next make the comment that they weren't old enough to make the decision to fight for our country.

I'm off to blow chunks and FINALLY put you on ignore. You are the lowest of the low and you don't even know it.

You have 20 20 hindsight more than any person I have ever seen. You love to judge people NOW with what we know NOW.
Even white Europeans for what they did centuries ago.
Believing you are doing the right thing when you are doing the wrong thing does not magically somehow turn it into being morally right. Especially when it involves killing and maiming other humans.
Hey, TV, would you consider putting Leonard on ignore too?
(01-19-2014, 04:35 PM)csrowan Wrote: Hey, TV, would you consider putting Leonard on ignore too?

I Don't respond all that often to his posts. I respond to a lot of his threads and I give my two cents. It's usually not even him who responds to what I say. It's someone else, guess who.
So IMO you probably are already getting what you want.
Your two cents is generally to say what an Anti American you think he is, and almost never actually addresses a single word he posted.
[Image: 10155063_667072046693896_94887491_n.png]