Pet peeves.....or Thank you's
The old one is locked.
I thought I'd take a page out of Jimmy Fallon's routine and post it as a "Thank you".

Thank you, guy with wife in the giant ford truck (with all the mirrors) with the giant trailer who turned right in front of me while I was riding home from work. You didn't even give me a second glance.Lucky for me I assume jerks like you won't notice a cyclist on the road.Dry
I would like to thank the lady who accepted my offer to buy an item on the phone.
Who upon my arrival said that her husband said no he could only sell it for full price.

Thanks for wasting an hour of my time and the gas for a 30 miles round trip. And BTW it wasn't even worth my offer because their description was a lie.

It goes with the territory when dealing with the public but it still sucks.
Thank the gods for another day.

It's a beautiful Oregon morning, clear and crisp and the cats, having now been fed are back asleep and no longer pissing and moaning. (And thanks to Mrs. Wonky for feeding them: I'd most likely let 'em starve)

Thank the law for not insisting I not attend the Pear Blossom parade. I'm sure it was great and the weather the best ever, but just too many folks all bunched up for my taste. I'll savor all the photos.

And thank the "girl" at Senior Sam's who loaded my burrito to the max, making it twice the size: She know's I have no will-power and would eat the entire thing. Ah, but he suffering was worth it. So, are burrito's the perfect food? I think they may be.

Thanks those who have posted the good "cute animal" posts. They are a welcome relief from the more contentious topics we seem to favor.

And a special thanks to my neighbor dog, Vinny, who breaks out from his prison fence and comes to visit once a day. I'm "without dog" right now, and Vinny's visits are a real blessing. Vinny often leaves me a "little something" on the lawn to clean up. He mean's no harm or offense.

And finally, thanks to KG for keeping this place up and running. It's a "neighborhood" I enjoy and look forward to visiting every day.
Senior Sam's? Smiling
(04-13-2014, 09:37 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Senior Sam's? Smiling

Do they still have the giant burrito challenge?
Pet peeves about Craigslist? Along with good lovin I got a truck load.

Overposters.. People who post their items every day and or in several different categories

Dealers.. people who sell items out of thrift stores or consignment stores and post under "dealer"

People who don't post a location OR they say the "Rogue valley" Or they give a street and address and expect you to know what city it's in.

People who don't post the price in the title of the ad where it's supposed to be.

People who are selling a car and don't state the mileage.

people who try and make a cute title to their ads, like.. "one of a kind" or whatever
"I'll be there between 1:00 and 5:00 the afternoon."

No you wont, I'm not wasting my whole day waiting on you. Tell me approximately when you are coming by.

I only put up with that between 1:00 and 5:00 crap from the cable TV company. Smiling
(04-13-2014, 01:06 PM)cletus1 Wrote: "I'll be there between 1:00 and 5:00 the afternoon."

No you wont, I'm not wasting my whole day waiting on you. Tell me approximately when you are coming by.

I only put up with that between 1:00 and 5:00 crap from the cable TV company. Smiling

The flip side: My Dr. (Physician) gives me an 10:00 AM appointment. He knows it's a joke and the whole staff is inside laughing their asses off.
I'll get to see him around 11:30. For 9 minutes.
(04-13-2014, 05:08 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(04-13-2014, 01:06 PM)cletus1 Wrote: "I'll be there between 1:00 and 5:00 the afternoon."

The flip side: My Dr. (Physician) gives me an 10:00 AM appointment. He knows it's a joke and the whole staff is inside laughing their asses off.

10 oclock is when you show up.. duh. Then you sit in a big room and wait with all the other chumps who had 10 oclock pointments.
Then around 11 you get to go sit in a smaller room for an hour or till someone comes in, not a doctor. And asks you how often you crap or pee and takes your blood pressure and your temp.
They want to see who wins the pole on how pissed off you are at that time.
The higher the BP and pulse the harder they all laugh in the other room.

The a real doctor comes in and says you need to go see another doctor( Dr. two) who specializes in what Dr one thinks is wrong with you.
By now you can actually hear all the nurses and the cleaning people laughing in the other room.
This procedure gets repeated over and over until what ever was wrong with you finally sends you to the Pearlie gates.
And then they probably want to know if you have an appointment and what kind of insurance.
(04-13-2014, 05:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:

10 oclock is when you show up.. duh. Then you sit in a big room and wait with all the other chumps who had 10 oclock pointments.
Then around 11 you get to go sit in a smaller room for an hour or till someone comes in, not a doctor. And asks you how often you crap or pee and takes your blood pressure and your temp.

The a real doctor comes in and says you need to go see another doctor( Dr. two) who specializes in what Dr one thinks is wrong with you.
By now you can actually hear all the nurses and the cleaning people laughing in the other room.
This procedure gets repeated over and over until what ever was wrong with you finally sends you to the Pearlie gates.
And then they probably want to know if you have an appointment and what kind of insurance.

I just don't. Unless I have to.

Get to your doctor 's office at 9:55, at 10:00 you tell the receptionist that it's and you have an appointment scheduled. When she tell you that he's not ready to see you. You tell her, that the doctor missed his appointment and will have to reschedule. Smile and then tell her, you won't charge him for missing his appointment the first time, but if he miss a second time you have to charge him. Then walk out and wait for him to call you to reschedule.
(04-18-2014, 04:13 AM)chuck white Wrote:

Get to your doctor 's office at 9:55, at 10:00 you tell the receptionist that it's and you have an appointment scheduled. When she tell you that he's not ready to see you. You tell her, that the doctor missed his appointment and will have to reschedule. Smile and then tell her, you won't charge him for missing his appointment the first time, but if he miss a second time you have to charge him. Then walk out and wait for him to call you to reschedule.

You outta take that show on the road Chuck.
It's a Hoot, as we used to say.
Very funny stuff.
Not really a peeve or 'thank you', just a snarl. My lawn mower, which came from Kno1 by the way when she moved to South Carolina, has died it's last breath and is past the point of repair. GRRRRRR. Time to figure out a new mower quick!!
Where's the best prices in lawn mowers?
(04-27-2014, 11:44 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Where's the best prices in lawn mowers?

Craig's List
(04-27-2014, 11:43 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Not really a peeve or 'thank you', just a snarl. My lawn mower, which came from Kno1 by the way when she moved to South Carolina, has died it's last breath and is past the point of repair. GRRRRRR. Time to figure out a new mower quick!!

A goat.
(04-27-2014, 11:53 PM)SFLiberal Wrote:

Craig's List

No thanks. I think I'll buy a new one.
I assume you have a small urban lawn. I suggest a clean, quite, electric mower like this. http://www.amazon.com/GreenWorks-25022-E...lawn+mower I have no idea if this is a good deal, just an example. The best thing is they don't reek of fuel nor create a fire hazard.

(04-28-2014, 08:21 AM)Valuesize Wrote: I assume you have a small urban lawn. I suggest a clean, quite, electric mower like this. http://www.amazon.com/GreenWorks-25022-E...lawn+mower I have no idea if this is a good deal, just an example. The best thing is they don't reek of fuel nor create a fire hazard.

And they always startSmiling
(04-28-2014, 07:26 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(04-27-2014, 11:53 PM)SFLiberal Wrote:

Craig's List

No thanks. I think I'll buy a new one.

You can get a relatively "new one" on CL. You just need to find someone who is moving or for whatever reason no longer needs the one they have.

Here an electric.. Bolens is a good name.... Electric Lawn Mower - $40 (Medford)
craigslist - Map data OpenStreetMap

(google map) (yahoo map)
We have a Bolens electric mower that we don't use. Good condition, no problems.
If you are interested let us know and we will post pictures (just keep forgetting to take a picture).
Thank you!