Dave Daniel for Sheriff
Do any of you Josephine County people have an opinion on sheriff candidate Dave Daniels?

I was talking to a couple friends and they thought it might be helpful for county residents to get to listen to Dave Daniels talk about his ideas for managing the sheriff's department. I also think voters can learn more at a town hall meeting where voters can ask questions. I supposes we (myself and some local business people) could always invite Mr. Daniels to a breakfast and let him share his ideas there.

What do you think?
I first thought that this was the Sheriff before Gil, but found out it's a different Dave Daniels.
A video from DM.

There is a meet the Sheriff candidates on 4/27 here is a link to the info.
http://www.northvalleycw.org/2014/04/07/...mmons-427/
I think I may attend
(04-16-2014, 07:51 AM)Valuesize Wrote: A video from DM.

Thanks Valuesize. That video was very helpful. I learned that Dave Daniel is actually a cop. I think most people know that being a cop is not required to run for sheriff. My understanding is that current Sheriff Gil Gilbertson did not go through the police academy.

I think I am going to vote for Dave Daniel for sheriff. He seems like a professional well educated cop. I cannot see myself voting for Gilbertson for a number of reasons.
(04-16-2014, 08:21 AM)Homebrew4u Wrote: There is a meet the Sheriff candidates on 4/27 here is a link to the info.
I think I may attend

Thanks. I am definitely going to attend. Smiling
(04-16-2014, 08:24 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Thanks Valuesize. That video was very helpful. I learned that Dave Daniel is actually a cop. I think most people know that being a cop is not required to run for sheriff. My understanding is that current Sheriff Gil Gilbertson did not go through the police academy.

I think I am going to vote for Dave Daniel for sheriff. He seems like a professional well educated cop. I cannot see myself voting for Gilbertson for a number of reasons.

Did I hear him say he is from Corvallis?
(04-16-2014, 09:17 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(04-16-2014, 08:24 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Thanks Valuesize. That video was very helpful. I learned that Dave Daniel is actually a cop. I think most people know that being a cop is not required to run for sheriff. My understanding is that current Sheriff Gil Gilbertson did not go through the police academy.

Did I hear him say he is from Corvallis?

He said he moved down from there and he worked in Portland among other places. Smiling

I checked out the Dave Daniel for Sheriff site too. Here it is: http://www.davedaniel4sheriff.com/
Maybe one of you Jo. Co. voters will start a thread to open discussions on ALL the sheriff candidates..... Big Grin
(04-16-2014, 08:24 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Thanks Valuesize. That video was very helpful. I learned that Dave Daniel is actually a cop. I think most people know that being a cop is not required to run for sheriff. My understanding is that current Sheriff Gil Gilbertson did not go through the police academy.

Gilbertson met the requirements to be certified in the State of Oregon and did attend the proper courses at the police academy. You cannot by law be Sheriff without being accredited by the police academy
(04-16-2014, 08:07 PM)Tank101 Wrote:

Gilbertson met the requirements to be certified in the State of Oregon and did attend the proper courses at the police academy. You cannot by law be Sheriff without being accredited by the police academy

Are you saying that Gilbertson was a cop before being elected sheriff?
(04-16-2014, 09:11 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

I remember something about him working over seas in Bosnia for Halliburton. Ill use to bring this up. Of course Ill blamed him for all the police abuse that happened there.

Should be interesting. I'll be there.
(04-16-2014, 09:27 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(04-16-2014, 09:11 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

I remember something about him working over seas in Bosnia for Halliburton. Ill use to bring this up. Of course Ill blamed him for all the police abuse that happened there.

I'm not an expert, however I did receive one of his brochure. He was a police officer in Waterloo Iowa and retired, academy instructor then went to Bosnia, Kosovo and Iraq with Dyncorp.
Dynacorp, that's right. I get them and Halliburton mixed up.

I think a good question to ask each of them would be.

What is the bigger problem in Josephine County, Meth or Marijuana ?
(04-17-2014, 08:37 PM)chuck white Wrote: Dynacorp, that's right. I get them and Halliburton mixed up.

Why is that an important question for Gil? It would be if Gilbertson had wasted time,taxpayers money and resources like Winters. Has he? He has a history one can look at. Does Dave Daniel?

BTW when I mention Winters wasting time,taxpayers money and resources I'm talking about his efforts to prevent law abiding legal MJ patients from obtaining a concealed weapons permit.
(04-18-2014, 04:02 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-17-2014, 08:37 PM)chuck white Wrote: Dynacorp, that's right. I get them and Halliburton mixed up.

Why is that an important question for Gil? It would be if Gilbertson had wasted time,taxpayers money and resources like Winters. Has he? He has a history one can look at. Does Dave Daniel?

BTW when I mention Winters wasting time,taxpayers money and resources I'm talking about his efforts to prevent law abiding legal MJ patients from obtaining a concealed weapons permit.

I'm with you on Gil, I just would like to know how Dave would answer that question.
(04-18-2014, 05:12 PM)chuck white Wrote:

I'm with you on Gil, I just would like to know how Dave would answer that question.

Me too, but I know Gil's. Let's see what Dave has to say about the subject. You are going to the meeting at NV High School right?
(04-18-2014, 05:53 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

Me too, but I know Gil's. Let's see what Dave has to say about the subject. You are going to the meeting at NV High School right?

Yea, but if I ask that question, you'll know who I am.
Ninja
(04-18-2014, 08:53 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(04-18-2014, 05:53 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

Yea, but if I ask that question, you'll know who I am.
Ninja

No I won't. I will get there late just so you can ask that question early. You should also encourage any friends in attendance to ask the same question. That should confuse the heck outta me. Smiling