Fire
(09-08-2014, 08:36 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Sorry to hear of your problems, TVg.

ThanksSmiling
(09-09-2014, 09:59 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-08-2014, 09:26 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I knew something was up with you TV. Just didn't know what. But glad it's improved and looking more optimistic.

I've always said I would never bore others with my ailments when I got old like I have seen so many people do to me.
So mostly I've kept this from people here and in real lifeRazz But when people see I have lost weight they know something is up.
On the other hand I might be able to help someone else who has cancer. Apparently one out of every two men will get cancer sooner or later.

Kick it in the butt, TV. You are in my prayers. HUGZ!
(09-08-2014, 09:26 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I knew something was up with you TV. Just didn't know what. But glad it's improved and looking more optimistic.

I've always said I would never bore others with my ailments when I got old like I have seen so many people do to me.
So mostly I've kept this from people here and in real lifeRazz But when people see I have lost weight they know something is up.
On the other hand I might be able to help someone else who has cancer. Apparently one out of every two men will get cancer sooner or later.

Same here. I do not like to discuss my health or finances except in a very general way.

I will say that I got a colonoscopy every 5 years and was pleased when the doctor told me not to come back for 10 years. Colon cancer is one that can be successfully treated when discovered in time, so it is good that you learned about it and got treatment.

I certainly could afford to loose a few pounds, but I'm not willing to get cancer go do it. Smiling

I wish you a speedy recovery.
(09-10-2014, 06:52 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Same here. I do not like to discuss my health or finances except in a very general way.

I will say that I got a colonoscopy every 5 years and was pleased when the doctor told me not to come back for 10 years. Colon cancer is one that can be successfully treated when discovered in time, so it is good that you learned about it and got treatment.

I certainly could afford to loose a few pounds, but I'm not willing to get cancer go do it. Smiling

Thanks. Yeah I was one of the fools who didn't get colonoscopy until I was 62.I never even had a doctor. I went to see one twice at one of those immediate care crappy places in the last 30 years. And both times times it was unnecessary
BUT I could have got a colonoscopy 5 years ago if I paid for it out of my pocket.That's about the last time I worked and it wasn't even enough hours a month to keep my insurance up.
And my co pay amount.. what I could pay per month to safety covered was ridiculously high.
I got on the Oregon Health plan just in time. It paid for everything and still is.
It is indeed saving my life and more importantly is doing the same for my wife.

Anyway anyone listening who hasn't had a colonoscopy .. get one. NO they don't stick a Nikon up your ass. It's painless and you are asleep the whole time anyway.
(09-10-2014, 09:20 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Thanks. Yeah I was one of the fools who didn't get colonoscopy until I was 62.I never even had a doctor. I went to see one twice at one of those immediate care crappy places in the last 30 years. And both times times it was unnecessary
BUT I could have got a colonoscopy 5 years ago if I paid for it out of my pocket.That's about the last time I worked and it wasn't even enough hours a month to keep my insurance up.
And my co pay amount.. what I could pay per month to safety covered was ridiculously high.
I got on the Oregon Health plan just in time. It paid for everything and still is.

Anyway anyone listening who hasn't had a colonoscopy .. get one. NO they don't stick a Nikon up your ass. It's painless and you are asleep the whole time anyway.

I'm making an appointment. Thanks for the reminder and the kick in the ass. (literally)
(09-10-2014, 10:55 AM)kadylady Wrote:

I'm making an appointment. Thanks for the reminder and the kick in the ass. (literally)

That's awesome That someone even on this little forum needed a reminder or kick in the assSmiling. I hope they don't find anything wrong but if they do you are still better off. Plus I think you already knew you needed this and afterwards it will be something you don't have to worry about.
(09-10-2014, 09:20 AM)tvguy Wrote: Thanks. Yeah I was one of the fools who didn't get colonoscopy until I was 62.I never even had a doctor. I went to see one twice at one of those immediate care crappy places in the last 30 years. And both times times it was unnecessary

As resourceful as you are I'm surprised you didn't just grab some flex tube, duct tape and a GoPro Wink

Hope things continue to go well for you.
(09-10-2014, 02:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-10-2014, 10:55 AM)kadylady Wrote:
(09-09-2014, 09:59 AM)tvguy Wrote: I've always said I would never bore others with my ailments when I got old like I have seen so many people do to me.

That's awesome That someone even on this little forum needed a reminder or kick in the assSmiling. I hope they don't find anything wrong but if they do you are still better off. Plus I think you already knew you needed this and afterwards it will be something you don't have to worry about.

I'm making October my Doctor month. I've already made two appointments. Tried to make one for the colonoscopy, but my Dr. was out of the office. Will do that tomorrow. I am horrible about going for checkups. Fortunately, I've been very lucky. I do need some prodding. So....I thank you, TV, for that!!
(09-10-2014, 02:41 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(09-10-2014, 09:20 AM)tvguy Wrote: Thanks. Yeah I was one of the fools who didn't get colonoscopy until I was 62.I never even had a doctor. I went to see one twice at one of those immediate care crappy places in the last 30 years. And both times times it was unnecessary

As resourceful as you are I'm surprised you didn't just grab some flex tube, duct tape and a GoPro Wink

LaughingLaughing Hey I do want a goPro.
(09-10-2014, 07:10 PM)kadylady Wrote: I'm making October my Doctor month. I've already made two appointments. Tried to make one for the colonoscopy, but my Dr. was out of the office. Will do that tomorrow. I am horrible about going for checkups. Fortunately, I've been very lucky. I do need some prodding. So....I thank you, TV, for that!!

A colonoscopy, will certainly meet your requirements of 'needing some prodding'.
Big Grin
(09-11-2014, 12:56 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(09-10-2014, 07:10 PM)kadylady Wrote: I'm making October my Doctor month. I've already made two appointments. Tried to make one for the colonoscopy, but my Dr. was out of the office. Will do that tomorrow. I am horrible about going for checkups. Fortunately, I've been very lucky. I do need some prodding. So....I thank you, TV, for that!!

A colonoscopy, will certainly meet your requirements of 'needing some prodding'.
Big Grin

Har de har. But you are confusing a rectal exam with a surgical procedure.
word of advice, if the Dr doing the procedure ever comes in to make notes on your chart and says "damn, some asshole has my pen", change doctors
(09-11-2014, 01:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-11-2014, 12:56 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Big Grin

Har de har. But you are confusing a rectal exam with a surgical procedure.

Twitch Bad choice of wording on my part. Big Grin
(09-11-2014, 01:57 PM)GPnative Wrote: word of advice, if the Dr doing the procedure ever comes in to make notes on your chart and says "damn, some asshole has my pen", change doctors

Been taking lessons from Chuck White? Wink Laughing
(09-10-2014, 07:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Ok, someone at SNL totally stole my idea! Laughing

(11-03-2014, 08:30 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(09-10-2014, 07:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Ok, someone at SNL totally stole my idea! Laughing

RazzLaughingLaughing I love that show. The black guy is one of my favorites.