Good Music
Here's one that I love!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM

Cool
I can't listen to it. Confused It's one of those songs that the voices in my head will wake me up all night long singing! Embarrassed
I love that song cause I'm HAPPY.
(04-24-2014, 02:14 PM)cafe-o-lait Wrote: Here's one that I love!

Cool

We've been here before. Many times.
"Good music" is SO subjective.
And personal.
But post away….it's free. Here.
I wonder if you would share your love of "good music" if it cost you to post it?

Just a thought about how we present ourselves. How lucky we are to have this free space!
She didn't say here's one wonky loves, she said here's one I love. Like show and tell.
(04-25-2014, 09:28 AM)KateBush Wrote: She didn't say here's one wonky loves, she said here's one I love. Like show and tell.

Thumbs Up

P.S. Welcome to the loony bin, KateBush!
I've heard stories about Kate's Bush. Embarrassed

Willkommen....
(04-25-2014, 09:28 AM)KateBush Wrote: She didn't say here's one wonky loves, she said here's one I love. Like show and tell.

Kate Bush? Can't imagine who that could be.
(04-25-2014, 08:01 AM)Wonky Wrote:

Cool

And personal.
I wonder if you would share your love of "good music" if it cost you to post it?

Just a thought about how we present ourselves. How lucky we are to have this free space!

Why should it cost to post it? At any rate, I wasn't sure if Cafe au lait meant, I like this music it's good, or if it meant, here's a thread for posting good music.
(04-25-2014, 09:32 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

Thumbs Up

P.S. Welcome to the loony bin, KateBush!

I'll confess to being a bit loony. However, the TITLE of the thread (Topic) was "Good Music". Not to put too fine a point on it. My little point was that music is (still) subjective, isn't it? For instance, a topic title might have been, "Music I enjoy…what about you?".
Or whatever.
(04-25-2014, 08:03 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Cool

And personal.

Why should it cost to post it? At any rate, I wasn't sure if Cafe au lait meant, I like this music it's good, or if it meant, here's a thread for posting good music.

Why should it cost to post?
A better question might be why are we given free access to a place on the internet. Remember the "free lunch" bromide?
But I shouldn't toss stones. I have yet to send Mr. K. any money for his time and trouble.
(04-26-2014, 08:10 AM)Wonky Wrote:

Cool

And personal.

A better question might be why are we given free access to a place on the internet. Remember the "free lunch" bromide?
But I shouldn't toss stones. I have yet to send Mr. K. any money for his time and trouble.

You know there are quite a few artists who actually have embraced file sharing and internet access. Artists who feel like that kind of availability, of people sharing their music is what made them a success. Even artists who don't like it, have learned to accept it's inevitability and understand that it what it is.
The music industry has changed. It's the artists who can adapt who will achieve the success they seek. Like the scene in the Novel Gone with the Wind, when the old woman tells Scarlett that she has survived because she learned to bend rather than break.
I'm not sure how posting music without cost differs from this place where we can post our thoughts without "cost". Although there is cost.
(04-26-2014, 11:02 AM)Tiamat Wrote:

Cool

And personal.

You know there are quite a few artists who actually have embraced file sharing and internet access. Artists who feel like that kind of availability, of people sharing their music is what made them a success. Even artists who don't like it, have learned to accept it's inevitability and understand that it what it is.
The music industry has changed. It's the artists who can adapt who will achieve the success they seek. Like the scene in the Novel Gone with the Wind, when the old woman tells Scarlett that she has survived because she learned to bend rather than break.
I'm not sure how posting music without cost differs from this place where we can post our thoughts without "cost". Although there is cost.

Musicians who can't sell their music because it's stolen( you call it sharing) and posted for free on the internet are getting ripped off.
Making and selling music is a trade a craft an occupation. It's how some people put food on the table.
Taking that job from musicians away because we perceptive file sharing to be OK or inevitable is hard for me to agree with.
So what if a few musicians somehow manage to get by with people stealing their music or by putting it out for free.
I guess they make THEIR money at live concerts.
(04-26-2014, 11:50 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-25-2014, 08:01 AM)Wonky Wrote: We've been here before. Many times.
And personal.

Musicians who can't sell their music because it's stolen( you call it sharing) and posted for free on the internet are getting ripped off.
Making and selling music is a trade a craft an occupation. It's how some people put food on the table.
Taking that job from musicians away because we perceptive file sharing to be OK or inevitable is hard for me to agree with.
So what if a few musicians somehow manage to get by with people stealing their music or by putting it out for free.
I guess they make THEIR money at live concerts.

TV I understand what you are saying, but I'm just saying what a lot of artists have said who have become successful because of sharing.. It was the sharing of files that put them on the map and made them successful in the first place. There are many artists out there who I've heard say, that if it wasn't for illegal file sharing in the first place, people wouldn't have heard of them and then bought their albums. That's what's happening nowadays. If you actually look into it most of the stats out there show that most artist don't make the majority of their income from published music recordings. They DO make their money from performing and otherwise. I didn't come in here saying file sharing is the way to go, but lots of artists do. Even the artists who originally spoke out against it or even still speak out against it are beginning to concede to having to adapt to a new paradigm. It's a whole new world and you gotta adapt or you don't make it. You can be righteous and say it shouldn't be, but that doesn't change it. I'll post one little image, but don't take it from me, do your own research, because anything I post you'll just pick apart. And I don't need to prove it. I was just making a comment.

[Image: dHqyt.png]

Cool

And personal.

Not THE point Tia.
It was posted HERE on the RFV. A place we use free of charge.
Those ads you see pay for the. Site.
(04-26-2014, 04:20 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(04-25-2014, 08:01 AM)Wonky Wrote: We've been here before. Many times.
And personal.

Not THE point Tia.

It IS the point of MY post, Wonky. I shifted the conversation.Razz Conversations do that. Or are you going to point out shoulds and shouldn'ts again?
(04-26-2014, 05:44 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(04-26-2014, 04:20 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(04-25-2014, 08:03 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Why should it cost to post it? At any rate, I wasn't sure if Cafe au lait meant, I like this music it's good, or if it meant, here's a thread for posting good music.

Not THE point Tia.

It IS the point of MY post, Wonky. I shifted the conversation.Razz Conversations do that. Or are you going to point out shoulds and shouldn'ts again?

You did, indeed shift the conversation.
Now, look closely at your rather snarky remark about my "should's and should not's again" and think about the social implications of a good segue as opposed to abrupt changes that disrupt dialog.
Jesus Christ
(04-27-2014, 08:06 AM)KateBush Wrote: Jesus Christ

Yes?