Wonky Points
Yeah, I know. Some people may accuse me of trolling. Others may accuse me of personal attacks.

Me, I accuse myself of observation. I observe that Wonky takes issue with a lot of posts for a lot of reasons. And I observe that a lot of people take issue with it. And it derails a lot of threads. And pisses a lot of people off. I don't claim that anyone is right or wrong. But I do have an idea for an experiment that might give us an interesting glimpse into the reality of what's going on... or it might create enough of a feedback loop to shine some light onto what's going on and maybe even cause it to slow down or stop.

Anyone who wants to participate can. Anyone who doesn't is free to not.

I propose a new game: Let us play Wonky Points.

1 point for Wonky chastising a poster for the content (or lack) of their post.

1 point for Wonky chastising a poster for the tone of their post.

1 point for Wonky chastising a poster for not posting in the way/topic/fashion Wonky wanted them to.

1 point for Wonky chastising a poster for not bringing their own viewpoint to a post, 2 points if Wonky doesn't bother to bring his own viewpoint to the post.

2 points for Wonky mentioning higher selves or something along those lines.

Double points for the whole post if Wonky doesn't bother voicing his own opinion on the topic.

Keep the Wonky Points game out of other threads. Quote the posts here. Claim the points here, and keep a running total. Let's see who can get the most Wonky Points in response to their posts.

No commentary. No argumentation. Just a quote, a link, and a running tally. Any arguments will be as to whether or not the quotes and the talley mesh.
How many points before we receive a Willa Wonky candy bar?
Some folks here have referred to Wonky as the Hall Monitor. I'm certain Wonky does not like the nickname.

Wonky does not see himself as being bossy; he sees himself as trying to improve this place. He critiques posts based on whether they measure up to the Wonky Standard of Excellence (WSE). The problem is most of us are not on board with the goals of the WSE. Big Grin
I don't know, Rowan. You sure you got the "street" cred to bring this up?

Laughing

Also not sure what the point of said game is, if not personally attacking.
Yes, Wonky has been dubbed the "Hall Monitor". But IMO his "monitoring" has taken on a new life. To me, it appears to have started changing when he first posted about pain/lack of sleep issues; which can make a person a tad bit cranky. So I try to give him a little slack. Yes, I often fail; but I do try.
I would call this "pin the tail on the wonky".
(05-08-2014, 08:46 AM)Tiamat Wrote: I don't know, Rowan. You sure you got the "street" cred to bring this up?

Laughing

The point is to create a feedback system that might possibly make the forum a better place. Instead of complaining back to Wonky when it happens, we can simply quote him here, tally up points, and (maybe) just let it pass by after that.

Wonky can see a collection of his demands/requests/complaints, and if we're lucky it will help him find his "higher self."
(05-08-2014, 01:56 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(05-08-2014, 08:46 AM)Tiamat Wrote: I don't know, Rowan. You sure you got the "street" cred to bring this up?

Laughing

The point is to create a feedback system that might possibly make the forum a better place. Instead of complaining back to Wonky when it happens, we can simply quote him here, tally up points, and (maybe) just let it pass by after that.

Wonky can see a collection of his demands/requests/complaints, and if we're lucky it will help him find his "higher self."

Or maybe he'll put you over his knee and give you a whoopin.... Big Grin

This is not going to work if Wonky does not post. I have been waiting patiently to earn some Wonky points, but I can't wait forever.

I think we should be able to earn Wonky points from other posters as well. We can still call them Wonky points out of respect for the Wonkster, but I think I could earn a few Wonky points off some of you other posters. Big Grin
Is it bad that I watched VS's entire video?!?! Evil
(05-08-2014, 03:01 PM)cletus1 Wrote: This is not going to work if Wonky does not post. I have been waiting patiently to earn some Wonky points, but I can't wait forever.

I think we should be able to earn Wonky points from other posters as well. We can still call them Wonky points out of respect for the Wonkster, but I think I could earn a few Wonky points off some of you other posters. Big Grin

Great idea but no fair racking up TvGuy points. That would be like padding the score sheet.Smiling
(05-08-2014, 03:01 PM)cletus1 Wrote: This is not going to work if Wonky does not post. I have been waiting patiently to earn some Wonky points, but I can't wait forever.

Well, you can call then PseudoWonky Points. Or Wonky-Cletus Points, since you came up with the idea.

I was figuring this was going to be a long term thing, not instant gratification. Months, not hours.
Wonky seems to despise me for having the audacity to hold a different viewpoint than he, but this is a personal attack against another member of the forum, so I believe this topic to be in violation of the rules of the site.

I vote that the monitors remove it.
Aside from your persecution complex, and the fact that I've expressed why I feel it isn't a personal attack and specifically requested that people leave argumentation and commentary out of this thread, is there anything else you'd like to add?
(05-08-2014, 04:16 PM)csrowan Wrote: Aside from your persecution complex, and the fact that I've expressed why I feel it isn't a personal attack and specifically requested that people leave argumentation and commentary out of this thread, is there anything else you'd like to add?

Just because you feel it isn't a personal attack, perhaps the recipient of your jest might feel differently. I suggest you find out Wonky's feelings on the subject.

And I have no complex when it comes to Wonky. His mild manners and calls for civility fly out of the window when he is responding to me on religious subjects. I have no way of understanding why my views hurt him so, but I try not to hurt others, so I do my best to refrain from engaging him in those discussions anymore. I hope this satisfies your request for my additional content.
(05-08-2014, 04:41 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(05-08-2014, 04:16 PM)csrowan Wrote: Aside from your persecution complex, and the fact that I've expressed why I feel it isn't a personal attack and specifically requested that people leave argumentation and commentary out of this thread, is there anything else you'd like to add?

Just because you feel it isn't a personal attack, perhaps the recipient of your jest might feel differently. I suggest you find out Wonky's feelings on the subject.

And I have no complex when it comes to Wonky. His mild manners and calls for civility fly out of the window when he is responding to me on religious subjects. I have no way of understanding why my views hurt him so, but I try not to hurt others, so I do my best to refrain from engaging him in those discussions anymore. I hope this satisfies your request for my additional content.

1: I choose my words carefully. I pointed out that some people might accuse me of a personal attack in my OP and I explained why I personally felt it wasn't. I made a case for my point of view. You are entitled to yours. I don't feel you've made a compelling counterargument.

Now, since I'm the one who made the thread, I ought to know whether I meant it as an attack or not. Wonky may feel attacked, but if I didn't actually attack him, was it an attack?

2: It isn't a jest.

3: I accuse you of having a persecution complex, not because you think Wonky dislikes you, but because you think he seems to "despise" you "for having the audacity to hold a different viewpoint".

4: You push your own motivations onto Wonky's behavior without evidence. Just as you think I should ask Wonky if he feels attacked, maybe you should ask him if he feels hurt by your views before you go around saying that your views "hurt him so".
(05-08-2014, 03:10 PM)Jeep Wrote:

Great idea but no fair racking up TvGuy points. That would be like padding the score sheet.Smiling

Yeah, but we wouldn't score TV on that sort of thing. Birds of entirely different feathers.

Cue Chuck. This is the kind of comment that usually gets a quip or pic from Chuck.
I'm hoping to save enough points to get a Wonky bar.

[Image: wonkybar.jpg]
Has Wonky posted since this thread was started?
(05-10-2014, 10:26 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Has Wonky posted since this thread was started?

I am thinking: Not.