Poll: Kate Bush is
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A misguided clown
0%
0 0%
A Clown with 20/20 vision
0%
0 0%
Cletus1’s secret love.
25.00%
4 25.00%
Tvguy’s newest target
18.75%
3 18.75%
An old member with a new name.
31.25%
5 31.25%
A sock puppet
12.50%
2 12.50%
Related to a formal President
12.50%
2 12.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Poll, Kate Bush is...
(05-27-2014, 08:37 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(05-27-2014, 08:07 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(05-27-2014, 07:52 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(05-27-2014, 07:30 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-27-2014, 06:54 AM)cletus1 Wrote: For the crime of being a sock puppet.

I think discriminating against sock puppets is wrong. Rolling Eyes

How do you know it's "For the crime of being a sock puppet"?

Kinda obvious. Too bad. A little livening up here was appreciated.

It is kind of sad... but then it leaves it open to the sh*thead sock puppets.

What does?

IF Kate Bush is a sock puppet... allowing the account to stay open leaves the door open to other sock puppets to come and post that aren't so light-hearted and fun.
(05-27-2014, 08:56 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Does this thread ever draw conclusions of said sock puppy identity?

Not that I'm aware of... if so, I missed it. Which could be! Embarrassed
(05-27-2014, 06:54 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(05-26-2014, 06:13 PM)Jeep Wrote: Kate Bush is on the Banned ListSurprised

For the crime of being a sock puppet.

IMO KB WAS a sh*thead sock puppetLaughing. And I think it was something he/she/it said that got them banned.
I think. I'm not ruling out that it was because KB was a SP but I'm not convinced of that like some of you.
(05-27-2014, 02:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-27-2014, 06:54 AM)cletus1 Wrote: For the crime of being a sock puppet.

IMO KB WAS a sh*thead sock puppetLaughing. And I think it was something he/she/it said that got them banned.
I think. I'm not ruling out that it was because KB was a SP but I'm not convinced of that like some of you.

Could be... but it states "Issue with account detected". If KB was a SP... he was doing a good job keeping his mouth shut about a lot of things that SP normally couldn't.
(05-27-2014, 02:47 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(05-27-2014, 07:30 AM)tvguy Wrote: How do you know it's "For the crime of being a sock puppet"?

Could be... but it states "Issue with account detected". If KB was a SP... he was doing a good job keeping his mouth shut about a lot of things that SP normally couldn't.

but it states "Issue with account detected"

With my best Johnny Carson imitation... I did not know that!Laughing

Anyway I think KB was flying under the radar until it pissed me off. I said some stuff that was removed. Next day. no more KB. Maybe when the mods took a look because of that they found the Issue with the account.

It explained why I didn't get a warning. Apparently one can say whatever one wants to an SPRazz
(05-27-2014, 03:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-27-2014, 07:52 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Kinda obvious. Too bad. A little livening up here was appreciated.

Anyway I think KB was flying under the radar until it pissed me off. I said some stuff that was removed. Next day. no more KB. Maybe when the mods took a look because of that they found the Issue with the account.

It explained why I didn't get a warning. Apparently one can say whatever one wants to an SPRazz
The same IP address for two members does not necessarily mean that one is a sock puppet. Just saying. For example: The user name Chuck's Sock Puppet could be Chuck's wife or kid, right?
(05-27-2014, 07:52 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Kinda obvious. Too bad. A little livening up here was appreciated.

I missed what ever it was.
(05-27-2014, 03:22 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(05-27-2014, 08:07 AM)Scrapper Wrote: It is kind of sad... but then it leaves it open to the sh*thead sock puppets.

I missed what ever it was.

The mods didn'tSmiling
(05-27-2014, 03:20 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(05-27-2014, 08:07 AM)Scrapper Wrote: It is kind of sad... but then it leaves it open to the sh*thead sock puppets.

The same IP address for two members does not necessarily mean that one is a sock puppet. Just saying. For example: The user name Chuck's Sock Puppet could be Chuck's wife or kid, right?

I doubt if the mods look at it like that.
I don't know how the "IP Address" thing works. Hubby and I both have accounts... from the same home... using the same internet... although we do have our own computers. I have, on occasion, used his computer though. So... can someone please explain the "IP Address" thing to me? Embarrassed
(05-27-2014, 04:58 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I don't know how the "IP Address" thing works. Hubby and I both have accounts... from the same home... using the same internet... although we do have our own computers. I have, on occasion, used his computer though. So... can someone please explain the "IP Address" thing to me? Embarrassed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_address
(05-27-2014, 03:20 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

Indeed. I've shared computers with folks. I guess you could tell the admin that.
(05-27-2014, 04:58 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I don't know how the "IP Address" thing works. Hubby and I both have accounts... from the same home... using the same internet... although we do have our own computers. I have, on occasion, used his computer though. So... can someone please explain the "IP Address" thing to me? Embarrassed

No. Two devices, two IP's.
(05-27-2014, 06:22 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_address

Yeah... that helped... NOT! Blink
Cheese and Crackers, Cletus! I clicked the link, saw all of those words... and got the hell out of there! Rolling Eyes
Give it to me in PUI laymen's terms, dude!
(05-27-2014, 08:36 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Thanks, Tia! Thumbs Up
(05-27-2014, 09:40 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Thanks, Tia! Thumbs Up

Internally that's true but to the outside world I think they see on IP.
on your local net you;ll have a 192.168.0.x
each computer will have it's own number for x. The outside world weill see the IP of your modem/router.
(05-27-2014, 10:07 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Thanks, Tia! Thumbs Up

each computer will have it's own number for x. The outside world weill see the IP of your modem/router.

Wouldn't that mean that two devices on t he same router/ modem would show up as the same IP? I've had accounts running from more than one device on one router, with two users.
(05-27-2014, 11:09 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(05-27-2014, 10:07 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Thanks, Tia! Thumbs Up

Wouldn't that mean that two devices on t he same router/ modem would show up as the same IP? I've had accounts running from more than one device on one router, with two users.

go to this site on both computers and see if you get the same IP

http://www.whatismyip.com/
Free Kate Bush! Smiling
Right now we have my laptop, hubby's laptop and both of our cellphones hooked up to our internet via the same router... oh and if I turn on the Wii I could browse the web via the router too. Would they all have different IP's? Hmmmm....