My Visit to PonderThis Country
nit·pick
[nit-pik]
verb (used without object)
to be excessively concerned with or critical of inconsequential details.
verb (used with object)
to criticize by focusing on inconsequential details.
noun
a carping, petty criticism.
bs
1. it stands for BULLSHIT
2. it is said when someone tells a lie
3. it is used when someone says something to suck-up
4. it is said when you literally see bull poo
5. a term used when you have to speak or write for a certain length and you have nothing better to say.
1. bullshit
2. "the sky is green"
"BS"
3. "OMG, your dress is the prettiest thing i've ever seen"
"BS"
4. I see bullshit on the ground
5. I can't write a 5 page essay on why 1 + 1 = 2. Therefore, I'll BS my way through
(06-16-2014, 10:18 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I'm sorry you don't feel you're getting the attention you deserve.
Bingo! I'm sure he was frothing at the mouth as soon as he saw that you were posting again.
(06-16-2014, 10:28 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(06-16-2014, 10:18 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I'm sorry you don't feel you're getting the attention you deserve.
Bingo! I'm sure he was frothing at the mouth as soon as he saw that you were posting again.
Exactly like TVg when he saw that Illc was back.
(06-16-2014, 10:29 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

Wrong again.
I just found it interesting that he's still an egocentric BSer.
I believe it may have been you that was frothing, but it wasn't at the mouth.
You seem very stimulated by him.
Embarrassed
Please don't. There has been a increase in civility around here lately and I don't want to see any more of these. (we have seen enough to last a lifetime) Smiling

[Image: cow-farts-fire.jpg]
"Around here"

My backyard? The immediate few miles? The county? The state? The Pacific Northwest?

They're ALL "around here"... For varying definitions of "around here". Just because some people would rather shoot their mouths off and call someone a liar than understand that words have multiple meanings doesn't make that any less true.
(06-16-2014, 10:48 AM)csrowan Wrote: "Around here"

My backyard? The immediate few miles? The county? The state? The Pacific Northwest?

They're ALL "around here"... For varying definitions of "around here". Just because some people would rather shoot their mouths off and call someone a liar than understand that words have multiple meanings doesn't make that any less true.

OK, I'll break clean. When I first started having visions of building houses like this (after internet research), my idea was to shred up forest vegetation like excelsior and then bale that up into exact cube sizes. In pursuit of that idea (perhaps a bit manic here), I purchased quite a few planer blades, with the idea of setting them into a jig and forcing the vegetation back and forth over them, and then bale them up in a used cardboard box baler I bought, with pallet strapping I wanted to implement in to the process. This would have resulted in a totally locally sourced project.

But reality gradually set in, when I realized farmers are essentially throwing away straw bales everywhere, for practically the cost of baling and trucking, because they're not allowed to burn their fields anymore. And even though these farm produced bales don't come in the exact building sizes I'd prefer, the economics of using them is so compelling I opted for that rather than make bales locally out of forest culling. Using farm bales from anywhere I consider to be a green technology, and the truth is it doesn't cost much different to source out a truckload of rice straw as it does any other kind of straw, they all are waste products basically looking for a need.
(06-16-2014, 10:40 AM)gapper Wrote:

Wrong again.
I just found it interesting that he's still an egocentric BSer.
I believe it may have been you that was frothing, but it wasn't at the mouth.
You seem very stimulated by him.
Embarrassed
You're a gross, sick bastard. Grow up.
Damn, that was close. We almost had a real conversation goin' there. Can't have none of that..

Wink welcome back Ponder, nice place you got there.
Thank you, Cousin. Smiling
(06-16-2014, 06:58 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Damn, that was close. We almost had a real conversation goin' there. Can't have none of that..

Hey, I don't mind a dog pile as long as there really is a football somewhere it there. Smiling

No it not because ILC was back. It was because he came back with the same sick BS crap. And he felt the need to spew that crap on almost every single thread to bump it to the top.
He's a sick attention whore who wants everyone to hear his sick story whether they like it or not.
(06-16-2014, 09:35 AM)PonderThis Wrote:
(06-16-2014, 09:23 AM)kadylady Wrote: Wow. You've got some mega projects going on!!

I find it very empowering to realize we can build things with just basic things we already have around here, like straw bales, mud, and pumice. As I've seen society basically collapse, I think it's good to get back to basic things like this. And there might be some keys to real societal change happening here.

I feel similarly about energy, that's why I find the subject so intriguing. I don't feel much hope for government to help us any more, or even work in our best interests, so I think we're going to have to be doing more of these things for ourselves. My hope is to engineer government out of our lives to the highest degree possible, frankly.

I suppose this is why I come by my "eccentric" label honestly, too. Smiling

Quote: I don't feel much hope for government to help us any more, or even work in our best interests,

I think your house is awesome. But you? Not so much. I remember you not even willing to to say allowing a tiny bit of logging was OK on a HUGE tract of the Elliot state forest.
But you built a house with logs you purchased that requires more lumber than a conventional house.
I read this thread with interest until the inevitable anti government hippie horse shit came up.
Our Government that you hate is WHY you are able to build this home and drive a nice vehicle on our highways. And buy USDA government meat and food at great prices even though anyone who actually kills their own meat is some kind of lowlife.
You reap the rewards of living in a prosperous capitalistic country and bad mouth it at the same timeRolling Eyes
Welcome back anti American and anti common sense.

I love this country. It's the greatest country on the planet. Are you happy now CletusLaughing
(06-17-2014, 11:59 AM)tvguy Wrote:

No it not because ILC was back. It was because he cane back with the same sick BS crap.
He cant help himself TVguy. I don't think he is doing it to annoy us all. After all, he knows that if he keeps it up there is a good chance that he will be banned again. I am able to overlook the ramblings. I occasionally even find some of his posts entertaining.
(06-17-2014, 12:10 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-16-2014, 09:35 AM)PonderThis Wrote:
(06-16-2014, 09:23 AM)kadylady Wrote: Wow. You've got some mega projects going on!!

I find it very empowering to realize we can build things with just basic things we already have around here, like straw bales, mud, and pumice. As I've seen society basically collapse, I think it's good to get back to basic things like this. And there might be some keys to real societal change happening here.

I feel similarly about energy, that's why I find the subject so intriguing. I don't feel much hope for government to help us any more, or even work in our best interests, so I think we're going to have to be doing more of these things for ourselves. My hope is to engineer government out of our lives to the highest degree possible, frankly.

I suppose this is why I come by my "eccentric" label honestly, too. Smiling

Quote: I don't feel much hope for government to help us any more, or even work in our best interests,

I think your house is awesome. But you? Not so much. I remember you not even willing to to say allowing a tiny bit of logging was OK on a HUGE tract of the Elliot state forest.
But you built a house with logs you purchased that requires more lumber than a conventional house.
I read this thread with interest until the inevitable anti government hippie horse shit came up.
Our Government that you hate is WHY you are able to build this home and drive a nice vehicle on our highways. And buy USDA government meat and food at great prices even though anyone who actually kills their own meat is some kind of lowlife.
You reap the rewards of living in a prosperous capitalistic country and bad mouth it at the same timeRolling Eyes

I love this country. It's the greatest country on the planet. Are you happy now CletusLaughing

I'm not sure. I'll think about it.
(06-16-2014, 09:36 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(06-16-2014, 06:58 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Damn, that was close. We almost had a real conversation goin' there. Can't have none of that..

Hey, I don't mind a dog pile as long as there really is a football somewhere it there. Smiling

Must be one helluva dog that can pass a football Razz
(06-17-2014, 12:12 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

No it not because ILC was back. It was because he cane back with the same sick BS crap.
He cant help himself TVguy. I don't think he is doing it to annoy us all. After all, he knows that if he keeps it up there is a good chance that he will be banned again. I am able to overlook the ramblings. I occasionally even find some of his posts entertaining.

I think you are wrong. I think he can help it and he knows exactly what he is doing. He might be unbalanced but he isn't stupid. He knows why he was banned and he knows it will happen again.
I saw this guy do the same thing, ANNOY people with his repetitive loopy story on a Craigslist forum.
He did it day after day, reposting the exact same posts with the same crap he still spews here to day.
He was having a blast pissing off all of the people who of course flagged him over and over until eventually I believe he got kicked off of CL.
(06-17-2014, 12:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-17-2014, 12:12 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(06-16-2014, 10:28 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Bingo! I'm sure he was frothing at the mouth as soon as he saw that you were posting again.

I think you are wrong. I think he can help it and he knows exactly what he is doing. He might be unbalanced but he isn't stupid. He knows why he was banned and he knows it will happen again.
I saw this guy do the same thing, ANNOY people with his repetitive loopy story on a Craigslist forum.
He did it day after day, reposting the exact same posts with the same crap he still spews here to day.
He was having a blast pissing off all of the people who of course flagged him over and over until eventually I believe he got kicked off of CL.

Have you EVER met the man? I don't think so. So what you think doesn't matter one iota! Others here have met him... and they know from personal experience. Some times one has to be the bigger man... but you've shown that is not in your character.
(06-17-2014, 12:10 PM)tvguy Wrote: I think your house is awesome. But you? Not so much. I remember you not even willing to to say allowing a tiny bit of logging was OK on a HUGE tract of the Elliot state forest.

I recall him saying the logs were from his own property. FWIW.....