Coffee Roasting
(09-24-2014, 10:09 PM)Tiamat Wrote: This is Timbuktu? Who knew we were in West Africa? Unsure

Sorry I already deleted these photos. (From JUNE!) You snooze, you loose. Razz
(09-24-2014, 10:16 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(09-24-2014, 10:09 PM)Tiamat Wrote: This is Timbuktu? Who knew we were in West Africa? Unsure

Photos? I don't care about no stinkin' photos! I just wanted a geography lesson!
(09-25-2014, 07:36 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(09-24-2014, 10:16 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Photos? I don't care about no stinkin' photos! I just wanted a geography lesson!

Laughing Exactly!
My mom always threatened to kick my butt all the way to Timbuktu if I didn't smartin up. I finally made it. Big Grin
My newest coffee related purchase. Big Grin

How did I live so long without one? Laughing

It's a Geek Out!
What's the difference between a one cup melitta and that method besides having to buy a scale?
(09-25-2014, 09:09 PM)bbqboy Wrote: What's the difference between a one cup melitta and that method besides having to buy a scale?

You don't need a scale. You would set it up exactly the same. Pour the water the same. The difference is the water will stay in the cone and steep the coffee grounds until you decide to place it on your cup, at which time it quickly drains.

I would say it does what a french press does only cleaner. You could probably use a french press, pour the pressed coffee through a cone with filter paper and achieve the same thing.
(09-25-2014, 09:09 AM)Valuesize Wrote: My newest coffee related purchase. Big Grin

VS, you GOTTA be kidding me? What? You think I'm a scientist or something? A scale? Be sure the water is 190 degrees? Wetting the filter? Clean water?

VS, what's wrong with a big 'ol can of MJB, heating some water in an used MJB can, putting it on the stove and adding a handful of grounds and some egg shells. Let it brew while you take a dump. Coffee, the vehicle for putting caffeine into my system because that's what it's all about. Laughing
(09-25-2014, 10:01 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(09-25-2014, 09:09 AM)Valuesize Wrote: My newest coffee related purchase. Big Grin

VS, you GOTTA be kidding me? What? You think I'm a scientist or something? A scale? Be sure the water is 190 degrees? Wetting the filter? Clean water?

VS, what's wrong with a big 'ol can of MJB, heating some water in an used MJB can, putting it on the stove and adding a handful of grounds and some egg shells. Let it brew while you take a dump. Coffee, the vehicle for putting caffeine into my system because that's what it's all about. Laughing

What is wrong with 'ol MJB? Ill tell you what, it aint fresh Roasted Coffee and no tell'en when it was roasted.
I have one of those drip coffee makers works good but I don't think it's as good as a FP IMHO
MJB is the coffee equivalent of smoking seeds and stems.
(09-26-2014, 08:01 AM)Homebrew4u Wrote: What is wrong with 'ol MJB? Ill tell you what, it aint fresh Roasted Coffee and no tell'en when it was roasted.
I have one of those drip coffee makers works good but I don't think it's as good as a FP IMHO

My wife doesn't like the bits and pieces in the bottom of the cup. Rolling Eyes

Off to make my next cup with my new colador. Smiling

[Image: coffee-cloth-strainer.jpg]
(09-26-2014, 08:54 AM)bbqboy Wrote: MJB is the coffee equivalent of smoking seeds and stems.

You mean MJB pokes a hole in the joint when you try and roll it?Razz Or when a seed blows up in your eyeball?
That's it I aint drinking no MJB
My new coffee cup. I can now see the beauty of my creations. Laughing

[Image: DSCF3496_zps07b8444b.jpg]
(09-30-2014, 08:18 PM)Valuesize Wrote: My new coffee cup. I can now see the beauty of my creations. Laughing

I too prefer a glass coffee cup. Just a nice look. And if it's not clean you can tell.

But, when I'm reading a Russian novel I am obligated to drink from a glass, glass. (No handle)
Oh, that's right...I've never read a Russian novel. Embarrassed

(Remember Woody Allen's review of "War and Peace" for the New Yorker? He wrote, "Its a book about Russia". And they paid him!
(10-01-2014, 07:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(09-30-2014, 08:18 PM)Valuesize Wrote: My new coffee cup. I can now see the beauty of my creations. Laughing

I too prefer a glass coffee cup. Just a nice look. And if it's not clean you can tell.

But, when I'm reading a Russian novel I am obligated to drink from a glass, glass. (No handle)

(Remember Woody Allen's review of "War and Peace" for the New Yorker? He wrote, "Its a book about Russia". And they paid him!

Ewwww! Glass mug? I hate glass mugs. The date is DEFINITELY off. You, Sir, are officially, off the hook.
(10-01-2014, 08:47 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Ewwww! Glass mug? I hate glass mugs. The date is DEFINITELY off. You, Sir, are officially, off the hook.

SadSadSad
10 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Coffee

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/ski...ck=pm_news
Ewwww! Glass mug? I hate glass mugs.
The date is DEFINITELY off. You, Sir, are officially, off the hook.

Your loss. You can't do THIS with a clarity challenged mug. (PC don't ya know) Laughing

[Image: DSCF3518_zps536ba8c0.jpg]

I drink mine right out of the scalding enamel pot like Liberty Valance. Hows that flyRazz