Poll: What moderation style should the site have?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep the rules as they are. Try again to find additional moderators.
31.03%
9 31.03%
Remove most moderation. Some things remain off-limits due to legal/usability concerns.
51.72%
15 51.72%
Scrap the whole thing. Let people argue on Facebook, Twitter, craigslist.
6.90%
2 6.90%
Do something else altogether (please reply with suggestions).
10.34%
3 10.34%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Moderation options
(08-05-2014, 08:46 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(08-05-2014, 08:44 PM)Snowlover Wrote:
(08-05-2014, 09:39 AM)Tiamat Wrote: I see SP is banned. But wasn't he banned in the first place? Why was he even allowed back if he was permanently banned? Or was it under one of his different names?

It says: Blatant, repeated trolling surrounding the death of a member.

Who died? Sad

PonderThis. But my question, was how did he get back in the first place.

How terrible.....sad to hear that.

No idea about your question. Haven't been around in a while.
(08-05-2014, 08:44 PM)Snowlover Wrote:
(08-05-2014, 09:39 AM)Tiamat Wrote: I see SP is banned. But wasn't he banned in the first place? Why was he even allowed back if he was permanently banned? Or was it under one of his different names?

It says: Blatant, repeated trolling surrounding the death of a member.

Who died? Sad

PonderThis
I have no knowledge of how "moderators" are selected, or who might want to accept the job, expect for the the "big money" offered. Razz

Controls of some kind are absolutely necessary. Because this site is open to all who choose to sign-up, the site attracts folks from the entire social spectrum, including a few who have obvious personality problems.

I regret I can offer little, if any, suggestions to improve the site the members might accept. Having said that, my first suggestion (Embarrassed) would be that there should be a small charge for membership. (Maybe five bucks a month, payable by credit card, paypal, or personal check). Maybe the moderators could be paid a stipend for their efforts. Or, if required dues are not possible, there could be "paid members" who volunteer fees, and are recognized at their avatar, perhaps encouraging membership.

As to the amount of "control", the "operator" should give this due diligence and arbitrarily make the necessary rules of conduct. This is after all a place where inaproppriate comments are far too easy to post, and can pollute the entire mood of the forum. Those comments and conduct will destroy the forum in time. Clear and enforced rules of conduct would keep the exchanges civil and attract more responsible people. We simply have no "rights" to inappropriate posts, especially when we have no vested interest in the site.

And finally, the operator should feel free to ask for donations when upgrades to equipment are necessary. Twenty bucks from a few ("I'd be happy to be one) might make the site a bit faster and more secure. (Perhaps PM's to long-standing members?)

The long history of this site proves the "need" for it. Its time the members be required to make some small investment in it's future, and to be willing to conform to some standard of civil conduct.

Good luck and thanks for all you do in making this possible.

Wonky3
You mean inappropriate comments like "getting a little are ya"?
(09-27-2014, 03:50 PM)bbqboy Wrote: You mean inappropriate comments like "getting a little are ya"?

Yeah Oh my God such horror with that comment. It's so good we have you to catch these thingsLaughing
(09-27-2014, 05:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-27-2014, 03:50 PM)bbqboy Wrote: You mean inappropriate comments like "getting a little are ya"?

Yeah Oh my God such horror with that comment. It's so good we have you to catch these thingsLaughing

Well,, TVg, when he's right he's right. But I was thinking more specificlly of some of the head to head insults that include real vulgarity. Still, even when I posted that I knew it was over the line. If Tia and I were having a beer, face to face, and I said it in just the right way, well maybe...

I expected to be jumped on HARD for the comments I made about moderating the forum. Some of the things I said were kind of tongue in cheek, yet I hoped they might still the pot just a bit and see if some changes can be made. If necessary.

Time will tell I guess. I enjoy this space and it's an "outlet" that miss if I leave it for a time.

Whatever. Wink
There's only 10 posters or so left. That means the new owner could make $50 or so. Sounds like kam made a good deal.
Only 10 posters leftRazz And even if that was true does that mean there will never be any new ones?
I guess Wasbi is a figment of my imagination.Razz

Who's Online [Complete List]
10 users active in the past 10 minutes (3 members, 2 of whom are invisible, and 6 guests).
Google, tvguy*, WaSaBi
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 332,283 posts in 16,302 threads.
We currently have 440 members registered.
The most users online at one time was 67 on 04-18-2013 at 03:55 AM
Since the community voted moderation off the island, can we go back to some of the other things we used to have like not have all the threads locked down so quickly and lessen the restriction on editing and other pre moderation things?
(10-28-2014, 07:37 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Since the community voted moderation off the island, can we go back to some of the other things we used to have like not have all the threads locked down so quickly and lessen the restriction on editing and other pre moderation things?

What? Value Size, Clete, Me, and a few others already have that.

OH! Forgot. We pay the PREMIUM price. LaughingLaughingLaughing