For PonderThis
I can't speak as to how or why he is no longer with us as I've only heard bits and pieces that are still unsubstantiated. Whatever the reason, I hope he didn't suffer.

I'll just share a few things some of you may not have had the time to find out Ponder.
He used this avatar for most of his time on this forum.

[Image: dibboss.jpg]

It was really funny when he walked into where I worked one day and introduced himself. I think he was quite amused by my reaction as he looked absolutely nothing like "Pointy-Haired Boss." Not sure why I expected he would. Rolling Eyes It was the only time I met him in person and we chatted about 10 min. or so, so most of what I "know" of him comes from this forum.

I think what I admire most about him was his desire to help others when they really needed it, not when it was convenient for him. Many of the stories he shared through the years included many good deeds but the ones that stand out most were the ones that included reaching out to help some of our members here when they needed it most. Reaching out a hand, sometimes driving a considerable amount of distance to do so, is who he was.

Personally, having gleaned my personal financial difficulties a while back, he offered many helpful ideas to finding other paths to take to more stability.

Well, I'm not much of a wordsmith so I'll just wrap this up with a big farewell. This place will not be the same without you.....
I too will miss Ponder's wit and he was one of the most unselfish individuals I ever met. He always want to invest in people.
Thank you, VS for starting this. I may not have been most at ease with Ponder, but he did add meaningfully to this forum. RIP.
Thank you, VS. I couldn't do it... you did it well. He truly cared about every living being... and doing his best to leave this Earth 'better'. I'm blessed to have known him. Rest peacefully, my friend.
I only knew Ponder from my short time on the forum before he quit posting regularly. In that time I enjoyed and appreciated his thought provoking posts and his sense of humor. I enjoyed that he was not afraid to defend his beliefs. I gathered from his posts that he was an individual who would question everything and not toe the line of popular or manufactured belief or opinion. Even though I never met him and I only knew him as a poster named PonderThis, I liked him. I felt like he was someone I could sit down and have a helluva conversation with.

A little over a month ago when he shortly returned to the forum he posted about retiring his account. When he posted those words I had a strong urge to send him a PM, so I did....In hindsight, I am so glad I did.

I wont share the whole PM but I would like to share a few different lines that I wrote to him.

"In my time here the peoples posts who I actually enjoy reading are few and far between, but yours are in that group. Of course I do not always agree, but I can appreciate your perspective and what you have to say"

"you do a lot of things I find interesting that I wish I had the skill set for, i.e. construction. Anyway, I was happy to see you were back to bring some interesting posts to this place"

"I am sure I am not alone in appreciating what you brought to the forum and it will be a loss when you go."

I never met Ponder, but I closed the PM by telling him to "Take care and Happy Trails" so again, to Ponder, wherever you are and from a stranger you never met, I say Take Care and Happy Trails......
I've only had a few interactions with Ponder, and the last was re: his straw bale house that he had been working on. I hope that someone will finish that beautiful home.
To those who considered him a friend, I'm so sorry for your loss.
Rest in Peace Ponder and thank you. I really did enjoy your posts, you will be missed.
What we seem to be on a forum isn't always who we are, Ponder you kept us guessing.
I loved it.
Ponder was always Ponder... True through and through. What you see is what you get... and never pretended to be anything he wasn't.
Go well, you will be sorely missed. You really were one of the good ones.
Somehow it is fitting that his beloved tractor was involved. Farewell, my friend.
RIP Ponder.
PonderThis has been gone 5 years. [Image: 3ab9db22b6be741bb061ce36ea294a02.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(07-29-2019, 05:29 PM)Scrapper Wrote: PonderThis has been gone 5 years. [Image: 3ab9db22b6be741bb061ce36ea294a02.jpg]

It doesn't seem that long ago.
Time is weird.
(07-29-2019, 05:29 PM)Scrapper Wrote: PonderThis has been gone 5 years. [Image: 3ab9db22b6be741bb061ce36ea294a02.jpg]

So death is kind of a dating service ?
(07-30-2019, 06:25 AM)chuck white Wrote:

So death is kind of a dating service ?

Of last resort.