Ebola Ebola outbreak news
Apple, not to be out done just announced that they are going to come out with I-bola
(10-16-2014, 05:17 PM)chuck white Wrote: Apple, not to be out done just announced that they are going to come out with I-bola

I-bola three strikes in a row oncea.Razz
(10-16-2014, 06:57 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Yep! It's Obama's fault!

Mystery Solved!!!! It's the NRA's fault. Whew!!! That almost landed on Obama! Good thing we have Michael Moore to set us straight.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-bal...-ebola-nra
Breaking news, Obama virus is killing millions.
(10-16-2014, 07:23 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(10-16-2014, 06:57 AM)Tiamat Wrote: Yep! It's Obama's fault!

Mystery Solved!!!! It's the NRA's fault. Whew!!! That almost landed on Obama! Good thing we have Michael Moore to set us straight.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-bal...-ebola-nra

Laughing
Just forget the political BS and blame game and just look at a couple of facts.

An African Thomas Eric Duncan on a VISA flew out of Liberia. The one country out of all the West African countries where this disease originated and has the MOST infected people.

He was admitted to a hospital and now two nurses from that hospital have the disease.

This country is supposed to be be technologically advanced? People have been warning about something JUST LIKE THIS happening for decades.
As a matter of fact I specifically remember experts who said it was not a matter of time but a matter of WHEN a devastating disease will hit this country with a lot of deaths.
I guess they didn't get the memo in Texas.

Why are we alloying anyone from West Africa to come here? Are our leaders too worried about any consequences arising from banning flights for a while from these west African countries?
(10-16-2014, 09:04 PM)tvguy Wrote: Just forget the political BS and blame game and just look at a couple of facts.

An African Thomas Eric Duncan on a VISA flew out of Liberia. The one country out of all the West African countries where this disease originated and has the MOST infected people.

He was admitted to a hospital and now two nurses from that hospital have the disease.

This country is supposed to be be technologically advanced? People have been warning about something JUST LIKE THIS happening for decades.
As a matter of fact I specifically remember experts who said it was not a matter of time but a matter of WHEN a devastating disease will hit this country with a lot of deaths.

Why are we alloying anyone from West Africa to come here? Are our leaders too worried about any consequences arising from banning flights for a while from these west African countries?

I think, TVg, the idea was to get all the infected folks to fly into Dallas/Fort Worth. Embarrassed
(10-16-2014, 09:12 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-16-2014, 09:04 PM)tvguy Wrote: Just forget the political BS and blame game and just look at a couple of facts.

I think, TVg, the idea was to get all the infected folks to fly into Dallas/Fort Worth. Embarrassed
Laughing

Duncan came here to visit his family. I say if Obango doesn't stop the flights from West Africa then we should all chip in and fly their families TOO West Africa.

edit.. That sounds a lot like I'm saying send all those blacks back too Africa. I didn't mean that at all.Smiling
I think he knew he was going to get sick and thought his chance of survival was better in the US.
(10-16-2014, 09:34 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I think he knew he was going to get sick and thought his chance of survival was better in the US.

If so I'm sure he was right. On the other hand from what I know there is no cure for Ebola but a least here, even in Texas, you can probably get a room that you don't have to share with a goat.Razz
I think they need to reroute all flights out of Africa to Russia, with a two day lay over. That way we kill two birds with one stone.
(10-16-2014, 09:56 PM)chuck white Wrote: I think they need to reroute all flights out of Africa to Russia, with a two day lay over. That way we kill two birds with one stone.

My Neame iz Retlofft Svarlinskey.. I weel keel you now
Good read on the subject.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://o...fwws3ipagg
Thomas Frieden is a fool and asshole shill of epic proportions and he will go down in the annals of history as such.
Quote:Death Toll Passes 4,500, Including 236 Health Workers
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ebola-v...th-n227291
(10-17-2014, 11:30 AM)chuck white Wrote:

Sad, without a doubt.
But I'm wondering why you posted this.
Just wanted us to know the numbers? And what to the numbers mean?
Some dialog might help explain your reason.
(10-17-2014, 11:35 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-17-2014, 11:30 AM)chuck white Wrote:

Sad, without a doubt.
But I'm wondering why you posted this.
Just wanted us to know the numbers? And what to the numbers mean?
Some dialog might help explain your reason.

Looks to me like he is simply posting the latest info about this disease. Why does he need to say anything? This is Chucks MOSmiling
What do the numbers mean? It means 4,500 are dead from an incurable disease That has spread to our country.
mostly I post the numbers so we can see how fast they grow.
Haven't read the whole thread, but I liked this bit by Seth Meyers:

Fearbola is sweeping America. It's very easy to get. A mere five minute exposure to cable news will infect the victim.

Ha. That's right.

Plus, care to guess how many Americans had died from AIDS before President Reagan acknowledged its existence in 1987?

Not only that, but another flu season is upon us. Anywhere between 3,000 and 50,000 Americans will succumb to it. We have vaccinations to avoid this. But only 46% of Americans will get them. Furthermore, 10,000 Americans will die from skin cancer this year, yet the parade to beaches and tanning salons proceeds unabated. Alarmingly, between 17,000 and 80,000 Americans die every year from Hepatitus C despite the fact that we have both a test for it as well as effective treatment. No matter, 75% of infected Americans don't even know they have Hep C. Worst of all, America is seeing third world type outbreaks of measles and pertussis, although we have had vaccines for them for decades. But a growing minority of parents deny vaccines to their kids so as to protect them from a non-existent threat of autism. And do I even need to mention that 30,000 Americans die each year from gunshots?

But three people have in America have Ebola and one is dead so we better start freaking out on cable news.

Fearbola. We do fear extremely well in America. Problem is, we're always afraid of the wrong stuff.
(10-17-2014, 10:16 PM)MarkM Wrote: Haven't read the whole thread, but I liked this bit by Seth Meyers:

Fearbola is sweeping America. It's very easy to get. A mere five minute exposure to cable news will infect the victim.

Ha. That's right.

Plus, care to guess how many Americans had died from AIDS before President Reagan acknowledged its existence in 1987?

Not only that, but another flu season is upon us. Anywhere between 3,000 and 50,000 Americans will succumb to it. We have vaccinations to avoid this. But only 46% of Americans will get them. Furthermore, 10,000 Americans will die from skin cancer this year, yet the parade to beaches and tanning salons proceeds unabated. Alarmingly, between 17,000 and 80,000 Americans die every year from Hepatitus C despite the fact that we have both a test for it as well as effective treatment. No matter, 75% of infected Americans don't even know they have Hep C. Worst of all, America is seeing third world type outbreaks of measles and pertussis, although we have had vaccines for them for decades. But a growing minority of parents deny vaccines to their kids so as to protect them from a non-existent threat of autism. And do I even need to mention that 30,000 Americans die each year from gunshots?

But three people have in America have Ebola and one is dead so we better start freaking out on cable news.

Fearbola. We do fear extremely well in America. Problem is, we're always afraid of the wrong stuff.

Thumbs Up