Another shooting in Missouri...
(08-22-2014, 03:29 PM)csrowan Wrote: I know that cops in other countries have far better human rights records, better training, fewer deaths per interactions, even fewer deaths per taser use.

Sounds like you have found a new, better place to live! Good for you! Need help packing?
(08-22-2014, 01:45 PM)csrowan Wrote: If I leave, who's left for TV to argue with?

Not me. On this he is right....
(08-22-2014, 03:29 PM)csrowan Wrote: Nope. You don't. You missed the part where the white guys don't have it happen to them nearly as often.
Bullshit. A cop would have shot Michael Brown regardless of his race. A cop would have shot the suicidal nutcase in this thread regardless of his race.

And where is any proof of this allegation you make?

Quote:You missed the part where cops treat white people better than people of color.

You missed the part where black people treat white cops like they are the enemy.
But I know some cops are racist. I just don't believe for a second it accounts for the disproportionate amount of crime committed by blacks. You do because it would kill you to believe that so many American Blacks are thugs and scum.

Quote:You missed the part where cops who make mistakes are protected. Where they go right back on the force because "it was justified given their understanding of the situation", instead of "they should have had a better understanding of the situation". I know that good cops protect bad cops, whether through silence and inaction or through speaking out and acting in their protection.

Right, you act as if no cop has ever been held accountable for wrongful actions. And you base that on sensational media coverage of the times when they are not.
And little if no coverage for the times when they are.

Quote:You missed the part where white murderers and rapists are talked about as as victims—"such a good kid" "honor student" "showed no signs" "this could ruin his life"—and unarmed black victims are spoken of as criminals—"it is unknown if he had any gang affiliations" "...this photo where he appears to be flashing a gang sign", and how that's reflected in how many police officers and departments treat people.

Again you only see what you want to see. Maybe you don't want to admit it but our Law enforcement people in this country have plenty of minorities. As a matter of fact I think the NYPD is 50% minorities.
Undoubtedly you are thinking of Poor teenager Michael Brown. Never mind the FACT.. Yes ROWAN FACT that he was spoken of as a thug or criminal because he proved it on video for all of AmericaLaughingLaughing

Quote: I know that cops in other countries have far better human rights records, better training, fewer deaths per interactions, even fewer deaths per taser use.

No shit Sherlock, I guess you mean Sweden or JapanLaughing. Ever consider that might be because in "other countries" They don't have 13% of their population committing 50% of their crimes?

Fewer deaths per interaction in what country Rowan?? I guess you haven't considered that these "other countries" that are NOTHING like the USA don't have as many crazy ass low life motherfuckers as we do??

And yes before anyone asks if I mean blacks.. I sure as hell do. Many of them anyway but I'm also positive we have more crazy ass people in General.

Quote: other countries fewer deaths per taser use.

The use of tasers in this country has greatly reduced the number of killings and hospital visits by both police and perps.
With people like you there is just no way to winRolling Eyes. Maybe in this country we have more unhealthy people or with enlarged hearts from drug and alcohol abuse who can't handle being tased.
Maybe you should write a thesis on this and ask that all American cops to do a physical examination before they use a taser?
[Image: knifewounds_zps99475411.jpg]

Quote:Kent Rob
February 3, 2013 near Gravesend, United Kingdom

Why Police Shoot Guys with Knives
The officer figured, due to his size and fighting skills, he could disarm a knife wielding aggressor.
To all the idiots out there who always say, "Why did the cops have to shoot him? He only had a (insert your choice of weapons here, i.e. knife, bat, club. whatever) he didn't have to be shot", you should look at the photos.

If an officer tells you to drop your weapon, just drop it. If you're a retard, stupid, on crack, mental or just "scared" ... too bad. No one deserves what this police officer got for just doing his job.

This is vivid proof of how deadly people who are "only armed with a knife" can be. Some of the public think that officers should try to disarm someone armed with a knife but anyone who has had training in knife fighting will tell you even if you win, you are going to get cut.
Keep this in the back of your mind when confronting someone armed with an edged weapon.
If you are 21 feet away from a criminal with a knife, you are potentially 3 seconds away from being cut.

I hope this helps to clear things up, rowan.
(08-23-2014, 07:43 AM)Hugo Wrote: [Image: knifewounds_zps99475411.jpg]

The officer figured, due to his size and fighting skills, he could disarm a knife wielding aggressor.
To all the idiots out there who always say, "Why did the cops have to shoot him? He only had a (insert your choice of weapons here, i.e. knife, bat, club. whatever) he didn't have to be shot", you should look at the photos.

If an officer tells you to drop your weapon, just drop it. If you're a retard, stupid, on crack, mental or just "scared" ... too bad. No one deserves what this police officer got for just doing his job.

This is vivid proof of how deadly people who are "only armed with a knife" can be. Some of the public think that officers should try to disarm someone armed with a knife but anyone who has had training in knife fighting will tell you even if you win, you are going to get cut.
Keep this in the back of your mind when confronting someone armed with an edged weapon.
If you are 21 feet away from a criminal with a knife, you are potentially 3 seconds away from being cut.

It's not three seconds it is actually 1 1/2 seconds. The Tueller drill proved this fact and has helped establish a "danger zone" as you will see below.

But this drill is done with a holstered weapon. Of course with a weapon drawn you have a better chance of getting more bullets in to an attacker. But that doesn't mean you will stop them and they won't get their knife in to you.
And with this Missouri shooting the knife wielding attacker was 12 feet away.

Tueller Drill
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Tueller Drill is a self-defense training exercise to prepare against a short-range knife attack when armed only with a holstered handgun.

Sergeant Dennis Tueller, of the Salt Lake City, Utah Police Department wondered how quickly an attacker with a knife could cover 21 feet (6.4 m), so he timed volunteers as they raced to stab the target. He determined that it could be done in 1.5 seconds. These results were first published as an article in SWAT magazine in 1983 and in a police training video by the same title, "How Close is Too Close?"[1]

A defender with a gun has a dilemma. If he shoots too early, he risks being charged with murder. If he waits until the attacker is definitely within striking range so there is no question about motives, he risks injury and even death. The Tueller experiments quantified a "danger zone" where an attacker presented a clear threat.[2]

The Tueller Drill combines both parts of the original time trials by Tueller. There are several ways it can be conducted:[3]

The "attacker and shooter are positioned back-to-back. At the signal, the attacker sprints away from the shooter, and the shooter unholsters his gun and shoots at the target 21 feet (6.4 m) in front of him. The attacker stops as soon as the shot is fired. The shooter is successful only if his shot is good and if the runner did not cover 21 feet (6.4 m).
A more stressful arrangement is to have the attacker begin 21 feet (6.4 m) behind the shooter and run towards the shooter. The shooter is successful only if he was able take a good shot before he is tapped on the back by the attacker.
If the shooter is armed with only a training replica gun, a full-contact drill may be done with the attacker running towards the shooter. In this variation, the shooter should practice side-stepping the attacker while he is drawing the gun.

Mythbusters covered the drill in the 2012 episode "Duel Dilemmas". At 20 feet the gun wielder was able to shoot the charging knife attacker just as he reached the shooter. At shorter distances the knife wielder was always able to stab prior to being shot.[4]
Quote:Why Police Shoot Guys with Knives

If you are 21 feet away from a criminal with a knife, you are potentially 3 seconds away from being cut

[Image: 427348_10151265297853309_673718470_n.jpg]
(08-23-2014, 08:24 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-23-2014, 07:43 AM)Hugo Wrote: [Image: knifewounds_zps99475411.jpg]

It's not three seconds it is actually 1 1/2 seconds. The Tueller drill proved this fact and has helped establish a "danger zone" as you will see below.

But this drill is done with a holstered weapon. Of course with a weapon drawn you have a better chance of getting more bullets in to an attacker. But that doesn't mean you will stop them and they won't get their knife in to you.
And with this Missouri shooting the knife wielding attacker was 12 feet away.

Tueller Drill
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Tueller Drill is a self-defense training exercise to prepare against a short-range knife attack when armed only with a holstered handgun.

Sergeant Dennis Tueller, of the Salt Lake City, Utah Police Department wondered how quickly an attacker with a knife could cover 21 feet (6.4 m), so he timed volunteers as they raced to stab the target. He determined that it could be done in 1.5 seconds. These results were first published as an article in SWAT magazine in 1983 and in a police training video by the same title, "How Close is Too Close?"[1]

A defender with a gun has a dilemma. If he shoots too early, he risks being charged with murder. If he waits until the attacker is definitely within striking range so there is no question about motives, he risks injury and even death. The Tueller experiments quantified a "danger zone" where an attacker presented a clear threat.[2]

The Tueller Drill combines both parts of the original time trials by Tueller. There are several ways it can be conducted:[3]

The "attacker and shooter are positioned back-to-back. At the signal, the attacker sprints away from the shooter, and the shooter unholsters his gun and shoots at the target 21 feet (6.4 m) in front of him. The attacker stops as soon as the shot is fired. The shooter is successful only if his shot is good and if the runner did not cover 21 feet (6.4 m).
A more stressful arrangement is to have the attacker begin 21 feet (6.4 m) behind the shooter and run towards the shooter. The shooter is successful only if he was able take a good shot before he is tapped on the back by the attacker.
If the shooter is armed with only a training replica gun, a full-contact drill may be done with the attacker running towards the shooter. In this variation, the shooter should practice side-stepping the attacker while he is drawing the gun.

Mythbusters covered the drill in the 2012 episode "Duel Dilemmas". At 20 feet the gun wielder was able to shoot the charging knife attacker just as he reached the shooter. At shorter distances the knife wielder was always able to stab prior to being shot.[4]

A better drill is the Mozambique drill. Two to the chest and one to the head.

From wiki:

The Mozambique Drill [1] is a close-quarter shooting technique in which the shooter fires twice into the torso of a target (known as a double tap to the center of mass), momentarily assesses the hits, then follows them up with a carefully aimed shot to the head of the target. The third shot should be aimed to destroy the brain or brain stem, killing the target and preventing the target from retaliating.
How much is a subscription to Swat magazine?
1) where's the NSFW tag to hide that image?

2) still not buying it. http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/08/22/...ill-video/
(08-24-2014, 09:36 AM)csrowan Wrote: 1) where's the NSFW tag to hide that image?

He wasn't black. Ninja
(08-24-2014, 09:36 AM)csrowan Wrote: 1) where's the NSFW tag to hide that image?

I what Rowan's silly ass Rowan's world does this British incident with a shitload of cops and at least two on horseback compare to two cops who get out of a car and immediately have some nut with a knife come right at them?

[Image: j5biif.jpg]