Another shooting in Missouri...
http://bluenationreview.com/breaking-tri...man-video/

Don't these guys have tasers? Or brains?
Wow. Just wow.
To be fair, I think this may be the shooting where the police claim that he had a knife and was waving it at them...
I'm a bit surprised. If snuff films, either real or imagined, were going to be posted here, I thought it would first be done by someone else.
It's news and pertinent not "Srpski Film" but should have come with a warning of graphic content from the poster.
Moral of story: Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.
I'm sorry. I thought the title of the article, "Trigger Happy St Louis Cops Kill Man (Video)" along with the warning posted directly above the video on the page saying that it wasn't suitable for children would have given a clue, along with the text immediately beneath the video explaining what it was all about.
(08-21-2014, 09:20 AM)csrowan Wrote: I'm sorry. I thought the title of the article, "Trigger Happy St Louis Cops Kill Man (Video)" along with the warning posted directly above the video on the page saying that it wasn't suitable for children would have given a clue, along with the text immediately beneath the video explaining what it was all about.

LaughingLaughingLaughing
Now lets look at what the police reported BEFORE this video was released:

Quote:The suspect had “taken energy drinks and a package of pastries from a nearby convenience store,” was “acting erratically” and “did not drop the weapon” per police instruction, Dotson claimed. The man then approached both officers, wielding the knife in an “overhand grip.” Witnesses say the man yelled “shoot me, kill me now” and was fatally shot once he reached within four feet of the officers.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/08...-shooting/

Notice any discrepancies?
(08-21-2014, 10:20 AM)csrowan Wrote: Now lets look at what the police reported BEFORE this video was released:

Quote:The suspect had “taken energy drinks and a package of pastries from a nearby convenience store,” was “acting erratically” and “did not drop the weapon” per police instruction, Dotson claimed. The man then approached both officers, wielding the knife in an “overhand grip.” Witnesses say the man yelled “shoot me, kill me now” and was fatally shot once he reached within four feet of the officers.

No. Just spit it out, whatever you see. Did the victim have a knife or not is all I care about.

Quote:Rowan... Don't these guys have tasers? Or brains?

Yes, they do have brains. And training. And part of that training says you don't have to put your own life at risk when confronted with a suicidal mental case with a knife.

Any decent brain should know that tasers are not always reliable self defense weapon.
(08-21-2014, 10:20 AM)csrowan Wrote: Now lets look at what the police reported BEFORE this video was released:

No.

I believe the “overhand grip” quoted in your post is what is commonly called "Reverse Knife Grip" shown in this photo.

Four feet looks about right (or closer), but I think the cop COULD have backed up/off and attempt to defuse the situation rather than shoot so quickly.

[Image: KnifeGripRGEI.jpg]

http://www.jayfisher.com/Knife_Grip_Styl...Sizing.htm
I love the stabbing motion Dotson uses when he tells reporters about the overhand grip.
http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/crime/201.../14293199/

And as to the 3-4 feet... Fat chance. The first shot is fired at 1:40. At least 9 shots fired in about 2 seconds. And he was probably around 12 feet away, judging on body lengths.
(08-21-2014, 02:46 PM)csrowan Wrote: I love the stabbing motion Dotson uses when he tells reporters about the overhand grip.

And as to the 3-4 feet... Fat chance. The first shot is fired at 1:40. At least 9 shots fired in about 2 seconds. And he was probably around 12 feet away, judging on body lengths.

You need some new glasses bro. Big Grin Look at the white sidewalk. It measures 4 1/2 ft in the widest section. The strip closest to the red bricked area is half the size. So you see a 2 1/2' section then a 4 1/2' section the a 2 1/2' to the street.

I see the first shot at 1 to 2 feet from the first strip of white cement as he was headed for the cop. He landed almost at the cops feet Row-man. Neutral

[Image: 7904120_orig.gif]

Big Grin
(08-21-2014, 03:10 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(08-21-2014, 02:46 PM)csrowan Wrote: I love the stabbing motion Dotson uses when he tells reporters about the overhand grip.

You need some new glasses bro. Big Grin Look at the white sidewalk. It measures 4 1/2 ft in the widest section. The strip closest to the red bricked area is half the size. So you see a 2 1/2' section then a 4 1/2' section the a 2 1/2' to the street.

I see the first shot at 1 to 2 feet from the first strip of white cement as he was headed for the cop. He landed almost at the cops feet Row-man. Neutral

Big Grin

Consider perspective, relative height, all those wonderful things. Also body momentum and the fact that bullets don't make your body fly backward when they hit you.

I'm thinking two body lengths. He's walking forward when he's shot, starts falling forward after he's hit a few times, then tumbles down off the raised wall onto the sidewalk.

Here's a screen shot from after the sound of the first shot finished making it to the camera, with a few notations added. The height of the officer nearest him has been noted, and a line of the same height has been drawn next to him for reference, as has the eyeline from the officer to the center of mass. Note that part of his legs are hidden by the wall. And if you watch the video, you'll see that he's still further from them and walking toward them from the camera side of things. So the distance is greater than just a horizontal line between the foot placements of the two.

[Image: 14dzuyb.jpg]
(08-21-2014, 03:45 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(08-21-2014, 03:10 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Big Grin

Consider perspective, relative height, all those wonderful things. Also body momentum and the fact that bullets don't make your body fly backward when they hit you.

I'm thinking two body lengths. He's walking forward when he's shot, starts falling forward after he's hit a few times, then tumbles down off the raised wall onto the sidewalk.

Here's a screen shot from after the sound of the first shot finished making it to the camera, with a few notations added. The height of the officer nearest him has been noted, and a line of the same height has been drawn next to him for reference, as has the eyeline from the officer to the center of mass. Note that part of his legs are hidden by the wall. And if you watch the video, you'll see that he's still further from them and walking toward them from the camera side of things. So the distance is greater than just a horizontal line between the foot placements of the two.

[Image: 14dzuyb.jpg]
Its obviously the black guy's fault.
I believe Rowan would like the cops to be stabbed before anything happens.
I believe I would like the cops to tell the truth.
Too many jelly donuts.
Here's one person's thoughts on the matter.

Kajieme Powell Showed More Concern For Life Than Two St Louis Police Officers
http://m.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/21/1...e-Officers
I remembere when everyone here was upset because Medford cops shot and killed a man or teen with a knife.

Like always nearly everyone was badmouthing the cops and saying silly things like why didn't the cops have a taser or use Ju Jitsu kike Chuck norrisLaughing.

The when the facts came in it turned out that the mother of the shooting victim called the cops and pleaded with then to hurry. They did and were at her front porch when they were rushed by the guy with the knife who was wearing body armor.
After learning this all the cop haters shut up and the thread died.

That what should happen to this thread. The police are trained to shoot to kill if anyone with a knife comes at them and is a close as this idiot was in the video

Tueller's drill

Personal Safety Expert Professor Arthur Cohen introduced me to the concept known as Tueller's drill. It is a drill which shows that most people can cover 21 feet in about 1.5 seconds.

Sgt. Dennis Tueller of Salt Lake City Police Department conducted experiments which let to the conclusion that an attacker with a knife in his hand covers 21 feet in 1.5 seconds. Therefore anything under 21 feet is considered to be in the zone of "imminent danger of death or great bodily harm.