Another shooting in Missouri...
Quote: quote='csrowan' pid='344976' dateline='1408667045']
Here's one person's thoughts on the matter.

Sure, there are plenty of other fools like you out there who don't have a freaking clue about guns, knives , self defense or common sense.
(08-21-2014, 05:33 PM)tvguy Wrote: I remembere when everyone here was upset because Medford cops shot and killed a man or teen with a knife.

Like always nearly everyone was badmouthing the cops and saying silly things like why didn't the cops have a taser or use Ju Jitsu kike Chuck norrisLaughing.

The when the facts came in it turned out that the mother of the shooting victim called the cops and pleaded with then to hurry. They did and were at her front porch when they were rushed by the guy with the knife who was wearing body armor.
After learning this all the cop haters shut up and the thread died.

That what should happen to this thread. The police are trained to shoot to kill if anyone with a knife comes at them and is a close as this idiot was in the video

Tueller's drill

Personal Safety Expert Professor Arthur Cohen introduced me to the concept known as Tueller's drill. It is a drill which shows that most people can cover 21 feet in about 1.5 seconds.

Sgt. Dennis Tueller of Salt Lake City Police Department conducted experiments which let to the conclusion that an attacker with a knife in his hand covers 21 feet in 1.5 seconds. Therefore anything under 21 feet is considered to be in the zone of "imminent danger of death or great bodily harm.

I also know that there were two police officers and one individual, that police officers are supposed to be trained to deal with all sorts of situations, including de-escalation, choosing the least amount of force necessary, and that the person in question made no threatening moves besides holding a knife in his hand and advancing toward the officers by a roundabout route.

I know that he's dead, and the police lied.
(08-21-2014, 05:53 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(08-21-2014, 05:33 PM)tvguy Wrote: I remembere when everyone here was upset because Medford cops shot and killed a man or teen with a knife.

Like always nearly everyone was badmouthing the cops and saying silly things like why didn't the cops have a taser or use Ju Jitsu kike Chuck norrisLaughing.

The when the facts came in it turned out that the mother of the shooting victim called the cops and pleaded with then to hurry. They did and were at her front porch when they were rushed by the guy with the knife who was wearing body armor.
After learning this all the cop haters shut up and the thread died.

That what should happen to this thread. The police are trained to shoot to kill if anyone with a knife comes at them and is a close as this idiot was in the video

Tueller's drill

Personal Safety Expert Professor Arthur Cohen introduced me to the concept known as Tueller's drill. It is a drill which shows that most people can cover 21 feet in about 1.5 seconds.

Sgt. Dennis Tueller of Salt Lake City Police Department conducted experiments which let to the conclusion that an attacker with a knife in his hand covers 21 feet in 1.5 seconds. Therefore anything under 21 feet is considered to be in the zone of "imminent danger of death or great bodily harm.

I also know that there were two police officers and one individual, that police officers are supposed to be trained to deal with all sorts of situations, including de-escalation, choosing the least amount of force necessary, and that the person in question made no threatening moves besides holding a knife in his hand and advancing toward the officers by a roundabout route.

I know that he's dead, and the police lied.

OK when YOU become a cop YOU can risk YOUR life letting some nut with a knife get too close with roundabout routeLaughingLaughing

No threatening move eh?? So unless the guy is waving the knife around and screaming you would just let the guy get close?.
Because a person ACTS non threatening then in your mind that means they won't suddenly attack?

Even YOU admit the guy was within 12 feet. So if an attacker can cover 21 feet in 1.5 seconds. Do the math Rowan how fast could the guy with the knife be right on top of and stabbing the cop?
What part of "THE POLICE LIED" do you not understand?

And how much time did the police have to MOVE THE FUCK BACK, so he wasn't 12 feet away?

Or GRAB A FUCKING TASER? There were TWO of them! One could still have a gun, just in case the taser didn't work.

They're supposed to be TRAINED to deal with shit like this!
1st shot at about 12 feet. Fatal shot at about 4 feet. Just like the reports said.
(08-21-2014, 06:15 PM)charger Wrote: 1st shot at about 12 feet. Fatal shot at about 4 feet. Just like the reports said.

Yeah... I don't think so.

"...at which time he came within three to four feet of the officer and the officer shot—both officers fired their weapons, striking the suspect..."

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/crime/201.../14293199/

From the video where Dotson is giving the information to the media.
(08-21-2014, 06:50 PM)csrowan Wrote:
(08-21-2014, 06:15 PM)charger Wrote: 1st shot at about 12 feet. Fatal shot at about 4 feet. Just like the reports said.

"...at which time he came within three to four feet of the officer and the officer shot—both officers fired their weapons, striking the suspect..."

"Police asked the man if he had a weapon and the man produced an object, Addison said.

From about 7 or 8 feet away from the officers, the man continued to scream and the officers yelled at him to freeze, according to Addison. When the man took a "half step" toward the police, they fired, each firing about five times, Addison said."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio.../14295137/

Still sounds like what the video shows. You just can't accept the fact because of your the police are always wrong attitude.
1) That's a witness, not the police statement.

2) The police statement said three to four feet.

3) That's not fucking three to four feet. I don't even think it's seven to eight feet.

4) The combination of "what we call an overhand grip" and the stabbing motion made with his hand isn't explicitly saying that he was threatening the officers with the knife, but it's damned well implying it.

5) He also uses the term "overhand posture" with the same hand up in a stabbing position during the question and answer period.

6) "If a person is charging you with a knife and they're within three or four feet, that's a lethal range..." Again, during question and answer. I didn't see anyone "charging". Not that they actually said the guy was charging. But it was certainly implied.

Again. Police lied. Maybe Dotson was telling what he believed to be the truth, because that's what the officers told him. Maybe the officers were blinded by adrenaline.

But they fucking shouldn't have been! They're police! They're SUPPOSED to be trained to deal with this stuff with MINIMUM force.
Here's an article that shows and discusses people's reactions. A relatively neutral article.
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/arch...ll/378899/
The only thing missing from Mark and Rowen are references to DynCorp, murdered babies , and the Ford family.
Did anyone notice the police telling the crowd to turn off their cameras?
(08-21-2014, 07:00 PM)charger Wrote:
(08-21-2014, 06:50 PM)csrowan Wrote:

"Police asked the man if he had a weapon and the man produced an object, Addison said.

From about 7 or 8 feet away from the officers, the man continued to scream and the officers yelled at him to freeze, according to Addison. When the man took a "half step" toward the police, they fired, each firing about five times, Addison said."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio.../14295137/

Still sounds like what the video shows. You just can't accept the fact because of your the police are always wrong attitude.

Bingo. Rowen thinks the police who were called because of a dangerous man should have ran away when they arrived and were threatened by himUnsure
Never mind what this mental case could have done to someone else.
It's like talking to a brick wall...
It's like talking to someone who is one brick short of a load.
I suppose I could have said that. Thanks for the suggestion. But really, it doesn't quite fit. What I'm saying and what you're choosing to hear me say are two completely different things. But that's par for the course.
(08-22-2014, 01:04 PM)csrowan Wrote: What I'm saying and what you're choosing to hear me say are two completely different things.

Why do you keep at it? What's the point? Nothing else to do?
If I leave, who's left for TV to argue with?
(08-22-2014, 01:45 PM)csrowan Wrote: If I leave, who's left for TV to argue with?

Why couldn't I say the same thing?
(08-22-2014, 01:04 PM)csrowan Wrote: I suppose I could have said that. Thanks for the suggestion.

I have no idea who you are talking to because you won't quote the post you are responding to.

Quote: What I'm saying and what you're choosing to hear me say are two completely different things.

Actually I know exactly what you are saying and exactly where you are coming from.
You want perfection when it comes to police like so many others. For some odd reason police can't be human and make the same errors people do in other occupations.
For the mos part the police do a thankless , dangerous job that most don't want to do. They are not paid well considering the stressful work they do and the type of people they HAVE to deal with.
But they don't even have to make mistakes. The armchair quarterbacks almost always figure they are at fault regardless.
By regardless I mean regardless of whether all the facts are in and regardless of the fact that most who complain don't know proper police procedure.

I don't have the actual stats on hand but out of something like 40 million interactions with people around 400 actually involve shootings. I heard that , can't vouch for accuracy but my gut tells me it's something similar.

This shooting is not common. The Ferguson shooting was not common. Yet people ( especially blacks) like to pretend this stuff happens all the time because the want to play the race card. The persecution card.

These kind of shootings that are either bad cops or cops making bad decisions make up a TINY fraction of all of what goes on.
They of course hit the news and hysteria follows thanks to SLANTED media stores that try to make it sensational.

I's similar to people actually believing their kids are not safe in school.

I get you Rowan.Smiling
Nope. You don't. You missed the part where the white guys don't have it happen to them nearly as often. You missed the part where cops treat white people better than people of color. You missed the part where cops who make mistakes are protected. Where they go right back on the force because "it was justified given their understanding of the situation", instead of "they should have had a better understanding of the situation". I know that good cops protect bad cops, whether through silence and inaction or through speaking out and acting in their protection. You missed the part where white murderers and rapists are talked about as as victims—"such a good kid" "honor student" "showed no signs" "this could ruin his life"—and unarmed black victims are spoken of as criminals—"it is unknown if he had any gang affiliations" "...this photo where he appears to be flashing a gang sign", and how that's reflected in how many police officers and departments treat people.

I know that cops in other countries have far better human rights records, better training, fewer deaths per interactions, even fewer deaths per taser use.