It's always White City somewhere...
(08-29-2014, 10:32 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(08-29-2014, 09:40 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-28-2014, 05:50 PM)bbqboy Wrote: The rural areas SL and TV are talking about are fine, it's the in town areas that suck. + no businesses, no reason for this area to exist other than being a home for poor white folks. And a few Mexicans. (Burrito Man):-)

I wouldn't want to live there either but White city has a lot of nice homes and people who aren't poor.
It also has some trailer parks and yes it has always had low prices that of course attract the lower income people. I was just at one of our forum members homes the other day in White city. It was new and beautiful and in a cul-de-sac with other new homes.

As far as a "community"? There are people who try very hard to make it a nice place, volunteers. There's a community pool ( non profit) and people who work for nothing to keep it afloat with grants and donations. There is a very nice skate park by the pool.
They have a memorial day parade every year. The Bingo hall another non profit provides funds for many community events.

I looked at a house there years ago when the economy was booming. ('06-'07?) We also worked for many of the builders cleaning their homes prior to putting on the market. It was really a boomtown back then.

Well anyway, it is a work in progress and hopefully, when that areas economy picks up, it will continue its journey to cityhood and full fledged community. Just curious, are there any homes being built now?

When I drive around lately I do see new houses being built but I can't really remember where I've seen themConfused. But I do think I've seen some being built in WC.