From time to time
I've said before, that from time to time, I stop being aware of what is happening in the world. It's very stressful, and sometimes the best thing a person can do, is go on a media diet.

[Image: jncvE.jpg]
(09-18-2014, 07:33 AM)Tiamat Wrote: I've said before, that from time to time, I stop being aware of what is happening in the world. It's very stressful, and sometimes the best thing a person can do, is go on a media diet.

You betcha Red Rider!

The details of all the conflicts around the globe (let alone things here at home) can make one want to find a cave to live in.

I guess we have some responsibility to being aware of events, but like everything else the news is "hyped", voices loud and shrill, and we seem to get the details we don't want and few details when we need real information. And then, we have to find news we "trust".

So Tia, when you figure out just the right balance of keeping in touch, but not getting stressed by overload, please let us know.

In the meantime, I'm hiding behind the pages of books I enjoy that have nothing to do with current events.
(09-18-2014, 08:07 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(09-18-2014, 07:33 AM)Tiamat Wrote: I've said before, that from time to time, I stop being aware of what is happening in the world. It's very stressful, and sometimes the best thing a person can do, is go on a media diet.

You betcha Red Rider!

The details of all the conflicts around the globe (let alone things here at home) can make one want to find a cave to live in.

I guess we have some responsibility to being aware of events, but like everything else the news is "hyped", voices loud and shrill, and we seem to get the details we don't want and few details when we need real information. And then, we have to find news we "trust".

So Tia, when you figure out just the right balance of keeping in touch, but not getting stressed by overload, please let us know.

In the meantime, I'm hiding behind the pages of books I enjoy that have nothing to do with current events.

"So Tia, when you figure out just the right balance of keeping in touch, but not getting stressed by overload, please let us know."

Is it safe yet?
(10-09-2014, 05:49 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

You betcha Red Rider!

"So Tia, when you figure out just the right balance of keeping in touch, but not getting stressed by overload, please let us know."

Is it safe yet?

Not today. I'm still on a media fast.
(10-09-2014, 07:45 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

You betcha Red Rider!

Is it safe yet?

Not me. I back in.
I'm looking forward to Rodney King trial.
(10-09-2014, 09:13 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-09-2014, 07:45 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

You betcha Red Rider!

Is it safe yet?

Not me. I back in.
I'm looking forward to Rodney King trial.

Would that be called a "Media Slow"?