The Topic With No Name
I'm thinking we need a topic with no name.
Kind of a blackboard to doodle on and just put words wherever we want 'em, forgetting all about making a lot of sense.

My wife has two cats. So, I have two cats. I don't have a dog and I'd like very much to have a dog. Question: Who do you think runs things in my family? Right! The cats. You ever get up in the middle of the night to pee and step in a wet hairball? Oh yeah, cats are the cats meow.

Chuck White puzzles me. There are times when his wit is one notch above brilliant and other times I don't have a clue what he is posting. Maybe he steps in cat hairballs sometimes during the night. That will milk the wit right our of a person.

I saw the president recently when he told us about the scary people running around in the desert raising all kinds of hell. I forget what he said. But, did you notice he is a black guy? How did THAT happen?

You ever try to read the Mail Tribune online? Let me know please how you do it. It's like some kind of a puzzle put together by Will Shortz. But they get the high school football scores right most of the time.

I saw my doctor today in the parking lot. Wanna bet he sends me a bill?

I'd almost bet that cletus1 teaches Sunday school.

Remember Que? I hope he is okay. He could say more in one line that I can say in a 50 page thesis. Remember: He was all about "binary". I'm too dense to understand all that. But I can count to 100.

Where's the eraser. Oh well. Just write over the top of it.
Reading the Mail Tribune online. I used to do that everyday. Then less, but still a lot. Then less. Than a LOT less. Now? Never.
The channel 12 app fulfills my local news needs.
(09-19-2014, 05:55 AM)bbqboy Wrote: The channel 12 app fulfills my local news needs.
Their morning news can be painful to watch sometimes. Ron Brown seems to get lost......... The live remotes are usually downright tedious. And they are our best news channel, IMO.
This blackboard is starting to "thread out". Starting to be linear. Que might say all about one's and zero's. Binary.

But we have no rules, no traditions, valuable history, or integrated policies. Ain't it grand? We don't bother guiding this stuff, we just push it.

The good people of Scotland have decided to stay in the comfortable confines of "the empire". There is still talk among guys wearing John Deere caps of forming the "State of Jefferson" and not answering to Sacramento or Salem. My cousin has a house full of guns and says he will shoot the first federal agent that sets foot across his property line. Cousin is well informed, listening 14 hours a day to AM talk radio.

The price of shoes keeps getting higher while wages (adjusted for inflation) have been stagnate since the mid 70's. Notice more and more flip-flops of late? But, we are doing just fine, thank you. "We" being the operative word.

Looking forward to that 1st rain, huge soft drops of water that splash and fill the air with ions we have been thirsting for. The cats, being cats, love to sit on the screened-in back porch and just watch. Annie, my dog, my love, now gone to puppy heaven, loved running in it coming back in smelling worse than a goat. It was easy to ignore and a towel dry improved the problem, if a problem it really was. A matter of perspective.

My aunt is 92 years old and tells me one should not live this long. She suffers without diagnose.

I bought a new pick-up in '05 and have washed it once. I don't drive in the mud much and dry dirt doesn't bother me a bit. The cab is clean and orderly.

I read, and learned, a new poem (short one) recently. Won't bother you with it, but I'm overwhelmed at the skill it takes for those with the talent to assemble just the right words, and not include the words unnecessary.

I'm saddened by the awful fire the folks in Weed had to endure. We must be so careful where we choose to bed down at night. Deer learn this early on. I wonder if maybe instinct may be more important than intelligence.

And round and round it goes...
I know there's a horse with no name and some guy rode it through the desert. I had a dog with no name. WE used to open the door and yell HERE......
He would come anyway for some reason.
(09-19-2014, 11:31 AM)BeerMe Wrote:
(09-19-2014, 05:55 AM)bbqboy Wrote: The channel 12 app fulfills my local news needs.
Their morning news can be painful to watch sometimes. Ron Brown seems to get lost......... The live remotes are usually downright tedious. And they are our best news channel, IMO.

I've known mort since our daughters started kindergarten together a long time ago. But you are right about the early news. The nice thing about watching on my phone is that one just sees the stories, not the inane banter in between.:-)
(09-19-2014, 02:18 PM)bbqboy Wrote:

I've known mort since our daughters started kindergarten together a long time ago. But you are right about the early news. The nice thing about watching on my phone is that one just sees the stories, not the inane banter in between.:-)

I'm guilty of not keeping up with local news and so often don't know who's barn burned, or who got stabbed in a parking lot during the night. I'm aware we are going to have to replace some city Councilperson's soon and seldom see any real information that might help me make choices.
But I'm guilty of too many other things. I pick my nose at intersections, make slurping sounds with my straw at the end of my soft drink, and read much more mind candy than I should.
Guilty: Someone who was studying physic 101 told me guilt is a wasted emotion. Not so, I argued, guilt is the thing that keeps us from doing bad stuff again. I could be wrong about that. If so, guilty.

And if you are not familiar with Randy Newman's "Guilty" (From the 70's, I think) it's worth a listen. Randy Newman is a very insightful guy.

Blue skies over Medford today. Refreshing. We are blessed.
Hippy Talk

Many words from the 1960s have now been incorporated into everyday English. Words like wow and cool are now heard all the time.

Yesterday however, I got a dose of hippy talk that that I had not heard in a while. My friend’s girlfriend told him that she was getting bad energy from his idea to build a fence in front of his place. His response was: “I don't know where you are coming from with that because we talked about it and you seemed fine with it.” When she left he told me that she was trip zinging and that she was sometimes a bit of a control freak.

So man, I’m thinking of starting Talk like a Hippy Day. You know man, it will be like Talk like a Pirate Day only way hipper. It could be a far out kinda celebration. Can you dig it? I am also thinking of inventing a few new words too. Smiling
(09-20-2014, 07:04 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Hippy Talk

Many words from the 1960s have now been incorporated into everyday English. Words like wow and cool are now heard all the time.

Yesterday however, I got a dose of hippy talk that that I had not heard in a while. My friend’s girlfriend told him that she was getting bad energy from his idea to build a fence in front of his place. His response was: “I don't know where you are coming from with that because we talked about it and you seemed fine with it.” When she left he told me that she was trip zinging and that she was sometimes a bit of a control freak.

So man, I’m thinking of starting Talk like a Hippy Day. You know man, it will be like Talk like a Pirate Day only way hipper. It could be a far out kinda celebration. Can you dig it? I am also thinking of inventing a few new words too. Smiling

Infinitely distant man..!
(09-19-2014, 03:16 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I'm guilty of not keeping up with local news and so often don't know who's barn burned, or who got stabbed in a parking lot during the night. I'm aware we are going to have to replace some city Councilperson's soon and seldom see any real information that might help me make choices.
But I'm guilty of too many other things. I pick my nose at intersections, make slurping sounds with my straw at the end of my soft drink, and read much more mind candy than I should.
Guilty: Someone who was studying physic 101 told me guilt is a wasted emotion. Not so, I argued, guilt is the thing that keeps us from doing bad stuff again. I could be wrong about that. If so, guilty.

And if you are not familiar with Randy Newman's "Guilty" (From the 70's, I think) it's worth a listen. Randy Newman is a very insightful guy.

Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean no clouds? Or do you mean less smoke? I'd say there is still smoke as the light shining through my windows is very yellowish.
(09-20-2014, 07:51 AM)Willie Krash Wrote:
(09-20-2014, 07:04 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Hippy Talk

Infinitely distant man..!
Big Grin I like it. A most excellent grasp dude. Hey stop by the crib and we can hit some narnar. YOLO.

You may need a hip dictionary.

narnar- gnarly bud
YOLO- you only live once
(09-20-2014, 07:55 AM)Tiamat Wrote:

Not sure what you mean here. Do you mean no clouds? Or do you mean less smoke? I'd say there is still smoke as the light shining through my windows is very yellowish.

All things ARE relevant. You posted this Saturday Morning. My post was yesterday (Friday) in the afternoon. At my house there was a slight breeze, a few puffy while clouds, and lots of blue sky.
Thinks change.
But I'm not going to evoke the word obtuse.
Not me!
Because that was at tag a the end of an otherwise rambling group of sentences meant to be just scribbled on the "blackboard" where a topic has no name...no thread...no continuity or lasting subject.

How can I know what I think until I've heard what I said. "Hippy talk" might help, and if it creates joy and fun it might be a real help.

"Blue skies, smiling at me, nothing but blue sky's do I see". Or, "Don't let the smoke get in your eyes...". Music to our ears, whatever we hear.

Another day in paradise.
(09-20-2014, 08:19 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(09-19-2014, 11:31 AM)BeerMe Wrote: Their morning news can be painful to watch sometimes. Ron Brown seems to get lost......... The live remotes are usually downright tedious. And they are our best news channel, IMO.

All things ARE relevant. You posted this Saturday Morning. My post was yesterday (Friday) in the afternoon. At my house there was a slight breeze, a few puffy while clouds, and lots of blue sky.
Thinks change.
Not me!
Because that was at tag a the end of an otherwise rambling group of sentences meant to be just scribbled on the "blackboard" where a topic has no name...no thread...no continuity or lasting subject.

How can I know what I think until I've heard what I said. "Hippy talk" might help, and if it creates joy and fun it might be a real help.

"Blue skies, smiling at me, nothing but blue sky's do I see". Or, "Don't let the smoke get in your eyes...". Music to our ears, whatever we hear.

Another day in paradise.

What's interesting about the word "obtuse" is your meaning of it. Whatever that might be. I am going to assume that your meaning of it, when speaking of my posts is to mean "hard to understand" and not "slow witted" or "Ignorant" or "simple minded" or "witless" "Brain dead", "Moronic", "Dense", "Dumb", "Dull"... When I read your posts I often end up at the end of the post going:

[Image: 1331105001794.jpg]
(09-20-2014, 08:28 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(09-20-2014, 08:19 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(09-19-2014, 02:18 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I've known mort since our daughters started kindergarten together a long time ago. But you are right about the early news. The nice thing about watching on my phone is that one just sees the stories, not the inane banter in between.:-)

Thinks change.
Not me!

Another day in paradise.

What's interesting about the word "obtuse" is your meaning of it. Whatever that might be. I am going to assume that your meaning of it, when speaking of my posts is to mean "hard to understand" and not "slow witted" or "Ignorant" or "simple minded" or "witless" "Brain dead", "Moronic", "Dense", "Dumb", "Dull"... When I read your posts I often end up at the end of the post going:

[Image: 1331105001794.jpg]

Cute kitten.
I often write nonsensical prose, and this thread (if indeed it's a thread) is just the place for that. Free association one might say. Or not.

But when I interact with you I try to be a clear as possible, on point, and do not attempt to couch my meanings in any cryptic style or format.

And example: When I read popular fiction (Grisham for instance) I expect it to be obvious and reaching a conclusion.
When I read poetry ("who's woods these are I think I know") I have a totally different experience.

I understand that poetry in not the best way to interact with others because the meaning may be obscure.

There are times when your prose is like poetry for me. Please do not take offense. It may well be my own failing, but it's how this all came to light.

But, here we are, using this blackboard for all the wrong reasons. Obtuse, I guess.
What?
(09-20-2014, 09:09 AM)bbqboy Wrote: What?

Say what? Laughing
"Cute kitten" makes me think of Kno1. Who used to call her Kitten?
(09-20-2014, 09:24 AM)Tiamat Wrote: "Cute kitten" makes me think of Kno1. Who used to call her Kitten?

Wow, I should know that. Hope she is well and "found her center". Complex young woman, fighting her demons as we all do. Her's however caused scars.

She broke Taupe Haute's heart. Or so he thought. I think he healed and went on to a better place.

History. We have it.
(09-20-2014, 09:24 AM)Tiamat Wrote: "Cute kitten" makes me think of Kno1. Who used to call her Kitten?

It was Hamsandwich.. you know Jesus . Pastor clyde.