The Topic With No Name
(09-20-2014, 10:23 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-20-2014, 09:24 AM)Tiamat Wrote: "Cute kitten" makes me think of Kno1. Who used to call her Kitten?

It was Hamsandwich.. you know Jesus . Pastor clyde.

I wonder if he is still alive and well. Most likely not well, if alive. He was suffering from more than just a flawed personality. He seems the most unlikely ever here to refer to her as Kitten, but I'll take your word for it. I take your word for everything else, no point in changing now.
(09-20-2014, 02:26 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(09-20-2014, 09:24 AM)Tiamat Wrote: "Cute kitten" makes me think of Kno1. Who used to call her Kitten?

I wonder if he is still alive and well. Most likely not well, if alive. He was suffering from more than just a flawed personality. He seems the most unlikely ever here to refer to her as Kitten, but I'll take your word for it. I take your word for everything else, no point in changing now.

[Image: 29dv0jb.jpg]
(09-20-2014, 02:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:

When your are right, you are right! Proving, once again, you will go the the end of the earth to prove a point so small as to be invisible to the naked eye. Or even the dressed eye. Laughing

"The Pastor" had his moments. Just very few of them.
(09-20-2014, 05:55 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

When your are right, you are right! Proving, once again, you will go the the end of the earth to prove a point so small as to be invisible to the naked eye. Or even the dressed eye. Laughing

I just clicked on kno1's posts and did a search for "kitten". It took about a minute maybe.Smiling

Yeah he was something all rightBig Grin Walking proof that the cheese can indeed slip off of your cracker and that forums like this attract people like that.
(09-20-2014, 06:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-20-2014, 05:55 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(09-20-2014, 10:23 AM)tvguy Wrote: It was Hamsandwich.. you know Jesus . Pastor clyde.

I just clicked on kno1's posts and did a search for "kitten". It took about a minute maybe.Smiling

Yeah he was something all rightBig Grin Walking proof that the cheese can indeed slip off of your cracker and that forums like this attract people like that.

"Walking proof that the cheese can indeed slip off your cracker". Laughing

Tia (and all other English majors), is this a metaphor? A simile? And "old saw"?
Not that it makes a whole lot of difference I guess, but our language is rich and full various ways to express about anything we want. I regret I never studied our language. Too late in the game now.

This one, I had never seen before.

Leave it to TVg. Razz
Not sure there was ever cheese on his cracker.

Once in a moment of candid honestly, Hammy told me his mom and sister knew he sometimes thought he was Jesus.
(09-25-2014, 08:11 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Not sure there was ever cheese on his cracker.

Once in a moment of candid honestly, Hammy told me his mom and sister knew he sometimes thought he was Jesus.

Poor guy suffered (suffers?) from all kinds of maladies. It's my impression he often slipped in and out of them, but was mostly "in".

So: About the "metaphor"?
The Topic With No Name don't need no sticking' subject.

I have Oak trees on the lot. Too many.

I have acorns on the ground. LOTS of acorns! (More than last year, I'm sure, although I admit I didn't count them)

So, I wondering what (if anything) this means. Hard winter? Lots of rain but warm?

There must be someone here wise about this kind of stuff. (I tried to check the Farmers Almanac but the screening locked me out, discovering I am not a farmer)

I've stocked up on BEST FOODS mayonnaise just in case. NO! Not that OTHER brand!