RVF Reporter for Grants Pass
(09-28-2014, 09:08 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(09-28-2014, 08:42 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(09-28-2014, 08:19 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(09-28-2014, 08:05 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: All hat and no cattle!

We have yet to see any reporting, or even a "feature story" for that matter.

An NO, two bikers drinking cheap beer in Barstow does not a story make.

There is not a lot of interesting things going on in GP. You will get photos and stories of things like Art Along the Rogue street drawings, kids illegally feeding ducks at Riverside Park at hippies at Reggae concerts and that's about it. Smiling

How about you write a story you ungrateful malcontent. Confused

HEY!
You didn't even interview me for the job! You bypassed all of us and hired "a stringer" to report the news.

We want good juicy gossip, all the crime reports, the farm news, restaurant reviews, and a photo once in a while of the marching bands from the local schools.

At least!

PS: Okay, I am a malcontent. But "ungrateful"? That hurt.

Sorry Wonk, I used the wrong smiley. I was going for the wink. I have my coffee now so I am more alert.

Ganja Mandalas growing in Ruch in 2012.

[Image: GangaMandalas_zpsfcb7a55a.jpg]

Brilliant. They created shower heads with pot plantsRazz Or was it designed to make the cops in helicopters dizzy?
Details at 11:00?
Are we issuing 'Press Pass"s
(09-28-2014, 09:59 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Wasabi is not a sock puppet. I don't know how he can prove that, but I'll ask him to think of a way. I think he knows Valuesize so maybe he can PM him, but then you will have to trust Valuesize. Big Grin

It's not the little guy from Rogue River Press that dresses like a 50's reporter is it? Big Grin
(09-28-2014, 09:59 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Wasabi is not a sock puppet. I don't know how he can prove that, but I'll ask him to think of a way. I think he knows Valuesize so maybe he can PM him, but then you will have to trust Valuesize. Big Grin

I don't think I know him, I don't know any wusses. Razz
(10-09-2014, 10:52 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

I don't think I know him, I don't know any wusses. Razz
You know him, but never mind that. I am the RVF Reporter for today.

I have noticed more micro brew outlets around Grants Pass recently. Most are small places with not much room for customers to drink inside. A big part of the business at these new places is selling growlers of craft beers to go. I will check some more of them out when I have time and report back. Smiling

The place in the photo below does not serve food, but they allow you to order from restaurants and bring in food. Thats kind of cool. The pub is on "H" Street near the intersection of Fifth Street.

[img][Image: Haul005_zpsee6ae4ab.jpg][/img]
I hear Jamie Cartwright has added beer on tap, have you tried any there? Oh how I miss Cartwright's. Sad
Cartwrights has about twenty (if not more) beers and wine on tap. They don't serve pints there but fill growlers. Best prices in town, usually have something on special.

Greiss Family (pictured above) seemed to have a VERY relaxed atmosphere. They had Boneyard IPA (from Bend) on tap last week too, that's some good stuff!

The Haul (where Tee Time used to be, across from the Blur) is meh. The only beer I liked was the beer that they didn't brew. They don't have servers, you have to go to the counter and wait in line, then wait for your drink. Could be a cool place, but bad beer and service.
(10-10-2014, 11:27 AM)BeerMe Wrote: Cartwrights has about twenty (if not more) beers and wine on tap. They don't serve pints there but fill growlers. Best prices in town, usually have something on special.

Greiss Family (pictured above) seemed to have a VERY relaxed atmosphere. They had Boneyard IPA (from Bend) on tap last week too, that's some good stuff!

The Haul (where Tee Time used to be, across from the Blur) is meh. The only beer I liked was the beer that they didn't brew. They don't have servers, you have to go to the counter and wait in line, then wait for your drink. Could be a cool place, but bad beer and service.

Boneyard IPA is my favorite. The Bohemian Restaurant always has it, but I don't find it many other places.

I can't comment on the Haul's food because I have yet to try it. I did talk with the manager and got a feeling that they want to be unique in a backpacker sort of way. For example: Getting your own food, ordering bulk beer in growlers conjures up images of hippies in overalls.

Getting your own food does save you money. No server to tip, now you can just tip the cook and bartender. Smiling

Another employee I spoke to told me they planned to sell organic produce and other natural products on the H street side of the building. So there ya have it, the "provisions" on the sign. If are looking for the traditional Restaurant experience, this place is not going to work for you. Still, the menu looks good so I have to get over there and try it.
I here Cartwright is opening a cafe sandwich place down town. It will be across from the post office,where the cigar cave is and OPA are located.
I have been to that Greasse(sp) Brewery cant say very much about there beer guest taps are a good idea for them. The place is nice.
Climate City Brewing should be open maybe Dec or Jan. Located at the old Brewery on G st