I don't come here to be lectured
Yep! I said it. It burns me up to come here and be told how I should think, behave, respond and post.

I think that's pretty clear. Don't you?
Yes.
(10-02-2014, 06:21 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Yep! I said it. It burns me up to come here and be told how I should think, behave, respond and post.

Clear as mud.

This is, after all a "Forum".

Websters:forum
noun
1 forums were held for staff to air grievances: meeting, assembly, gathering, rally, conference, seminar, convention, symposium, colloquium, caucus; informal get-together; formal colloquy.
2 a forum for discussion: setting, place, scene, context, stage, framework, backdrop; medium, means, apparatus, auspices.
3 the Roman forum: public meeting place, marketplace, agora.

So come for whatever you want. But if you offer an opinion be prepared for someone to respond to it. There might even be a time when that response questions a point you have made.

So, someone may just suggest you "should" you might want to "think about it" and even question your behavior from time to time.

Because it is what it is.

A forum.
That's funny, I'll tell you why. I went to costco to pick up a ton of wood pallets from the back receiving dock.
I parked my truck and walked up to the man door right next to the big roll up door.

I rang the bell. I heard the lock click so I tried the door handle but it was still locked. I knew there were several people right inside because when I drove up the door was open.
So I didn't ring the bell again, I knew they heard the first one. So after waiting I took a few steps around the corner to see if any of the other doors were open, They weren't, I went back after a few seconds. I heard the lock clicking like crazy so I tried it again.. NO luck

Then the door opens and I'm told very sternly and lectured as to how I MUST say in camera view and that when the door clicks I'm supposed to open it.

I thought about for a couple seconds as we walked inside and I said loudly.

"I DIDN'T COME HERE FOR A LECTURE ON HOW YOUR GOD DAMN DOOR OR YOUR STUPID CAMERA IS SUPPOSED TO WORK.
JUST GET ME A TON OF PELLETS AND PUT THEM IN MY TRUCK " No one said Anything but one lady was laughing. At me or the guy who was being a dick I don't know.

I walked out and waited, no other words were said.

LaughingLaughing Sorry true
So tia's not in front of the camera?
(10-02-2014, 06:50 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-02-2014, 06:21 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Yep! I said it. It burns me up to come here and be told how I should think, behave, respond and post.

Clear as mud.

noun
1 forums were held for staff to air grievances: meeting, assembly, gathering, rally, conference, seminar, convention, symposium, colloquium, caucus; informal get-together; formal colloquy.
2 a forum for discussion: setting, place, scene, context, stage, framework, backdrop; medium, means, apparatus, auspices.

So come for whatever you want. But if you offer an opinion be prepared for someone to respond to it. There might even be a time when that response questions a point you have made.

So, someone may just suggest you "should" you might want to "think about it" and even question your behavior from time to time.

A forum.

Air grievances? Sure. If people are violating forum rules, being egregiously rude, obnoxious, out of compliance....sure..... I don't mind if you lecture me for THAT! But not how I should think, feel or behave, otherwise. And since we are discussing what someone might suggest someone "should" want to "think about"....well, yes, you said it! And so did I! However, you don't like me to tell you how and what to post, and I don't like it either. So......there, I've said it.

Listen girlie, you need to stop riding your bike past the bums and get some new tires for your car.Razz
(10-02-2014, 07:11 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Clear as mud.

noun

A forum.

Air grievances? Sure. If people are violating forum rules, being egregiously rude, obnoxious, out of compliance....sure..... I don't mind if you lecture me for THAT! But not how I should think, feel or behave, otherwise. And since we are discussing what someone might suggest someone "should" want to "think about"....well, yes, you said it! And so did I! However, you don't like me to tell you how and what to post, and I don't like it either. So......there, I've said it.

You not only said it, YOU BROUGHT THE WHOLE THING UP.
Was kind of wondering why.
(10-02-2014, 07:17 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Clear as mud.

noun

A forum.

Why? Because I'm tired of being lectured. I said that!
(10-02-2014, 07:20 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(10-02-2014, 07:17 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Clear as mud.

noun

A forum.

Why? Because I'm tired of being lectured. I said that!

Didn't know you were being so abused. Lectured...sorry.
I didn't come here to be lectured either, but I kinda like when it happens. It gives me an opportunity to correct the correctors. I'm a forum gunfighter ya see, but I am a fair gunfighter not like some people that post here.
(10-02-2014, 07:35 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I didn't come here to be lectured either, but I kinda like when it happens. It gives me an opportunity to correct the correctors. I'm a forum gunfighter ya see, but I am a fair gunfighter not like some people that post here.

When Liberty Valance came to town the womenfolk would hide, they'd hide.
(10-02-2014, 07:35 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I didn't come here to be lectured either, but I kinda like when it happens. It gives me an opportunity to correct the correctors. I'm a forum gunfighter ya see, but I am a fair gunfighter not like some people that post here.

I'm not saying I don't get good advice or even that people's comments don't sink in. I like to learn from folks.
(10-02-2014, 08:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:

...and the men would step aside! Sing it cowboy!
(10-02-2014, 08:11 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-02-2014, 08:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:

...and the men would step aside! Sing it cowboy!
I would kill to sing like Gene Pitney.
I think the song and the movie are all time great hits. IMO Lee Marvin stole the show.Wow what a great old movie. I'll have to make a point that my grand kids see this.

Who pissed in your cheerios?
(10-02-2014, 07:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Listen girlie, you need to stop riding your bike past the bums and get some new tires for your car.Razz

This is true. The front ones are going BALD!
(10-03-2014, 06:14 PM)Hugo Wrote: Who pissed in your cheerios?

Who ya askin'?
(10-03-2014, 07:40 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(10-03-2014, 06:14 PM)Hugo Wrote: Who pissed in your cheerios?

Who ya askin'?

The author.
I think that applies to anyone who wants to lecture people on what to think, how to act or how to post....don't you?